PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts Tyranids

dwez
09-28-2012, 07:01 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GYq469MRQA4/Tgm_qxqrxMI/AAAAAAAAA5I/-YWxhv1QcCU/s200/nid11.jpg http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tNdhmAgLbaA/Tgm_oIMuNYI/AAAAAAAAA5E/CIDOpcgFWHY/s200/nid10.jpg

So I've got four 1500pt lists here with the major differences highlighted in red. I'd originally thought to take a Hive Tyrant but felt two Tervigons are more durable. I also feel I should definitely have the Defence Line because it looks cool as opposed to necessarily being a winning tool. I want to include the WQuad gun but given the FAQ feel it would be pointless. I've ended up with only one list with it in because most armies I've played have only had one flyer but if I face more without it I'll definitely be dead in the water with only cover saves to try and keep me alive. Anyway here are the four and my individual thoughts.

This is probably my most standard force and one I'm most familiar with. Ymgarls for deployment zone shenanigans. Hormagaunts as my meat shield but only 5 stealers which is a bit weak.

HQ
Tyranid Prime with Lashwhip and Bonesword, Deathspitter, Synapse Creature,
Tervigon with Catalyst, Dominion, Synapse Creature, Stinger Salvo, Crushing Claws
Elites
2x Hive Guard(s)
5x Ymgarl Genestealer(s)
1x Zoanthrope(s)
Troops
Tervigon with Catalyst, Dominion, Synapse Creature, Stinger Salvo, Crushing Claws
10x Termagaunts with Devourer
Mycetic Spore with Hardened Carapace, Lash Whip, Ripper tentacles,
12x Hormagaunts
3x Tyranid Warriors with Barbed Strangler, Deathspitter, Scything Talons,
Broodlord with Adrenal Glands, Scything Talons ,
5x Genestealers with Adrenal Glands,
Heavy Support
Trygon
Fortifications
Aegis Defence Line

Swapping out the Ymgarls for more durable brood of stealers, but losing on the in your face dangers. Only 11 Hormagaunts this time but I get the Quad Gun, if I can use it and alternatively I could add a 3rd Hive Guard to instantly fix the list if it wasn't acceptable.

HQ
Elites
2x Hive Guard(s)
1x Zoanthrope(s)
Troops
11x Hormagaunts
8x Genestealers with Adrenal Glands,
Heavy Support
Trygon with
Fortifications
Aegis Defence Line
Quad gun

Given the success of the Doom in a recent match he still has the ability to inflict carnage but is he too much and suicidal? Back with the Ymgarls but Hormies and Stealers are as small a unit as they can be and possibly First Blood fodder!

HQ
Elites
2x Hive Guard(s)
5x Ymgarl Genestealer(s)
The Doom of Malan’tai with Mycetic Spore with Hardened Carapace, Lash Whip, Ripper tentacles,
Troops
10x Hormagaunts
4x Genestealers with Adrenal Glands,
Heavy Support
Trygon
Fortifications
Aegis Defence Line

Just a list thrown in, reduced Stealers but with added Broodlord make them a little more durable and more Psychic powers to throw around.

HQ
Elites
2x Hive Guard(s)
1x Zoanthrope(s)
Troops
12x Hormagaunts
4x Genestealers with Adrenal Glands,
Broodlord with Toxin Sacs,
4x Genestealers with Toxin Sacs,
Heavy Support
Trygon
Fortifications
Aegis Defence Line

So there we go, your help is appreciated. I could always bin off the Hormagaunts altogether, they're never as effective as I wish them to be but they're useful in going forwards through cover and backed up by the Stealers could be effective in flanking. Ultimately It will have Hive Guard, Warriors, Tervigons and Trygons with Devgaunts and a pod but if anyone can play around with the remainder please do. I had thought about Regeneration on a Tervigon also or perhaps save a couple of points by switching to Scything Talons on one, given as that's how it's modelled. The Defence Line would be nice but I'm wondering if 50 point elsewhere may be better, I can still put it on my trays for the army and people can "aahh!" But I'm not sure if using it may risk whatever chances I have thanks to weak units. Thoughts appreciated

dwez
03-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Throne of Skulls again next week and another 1500pt conundrum. After the last time where I somehow managed to win 4 out of 5 matches I'd pretty much settled on a potential list after the event, trimming some of the units I didn't think had worked and adding in others that could deliver, this was it [with 19pts left to play with:

HQ
Elites
3x Hive Guard(s)
The Doom of Malan’tai with Mycetic Spore with Hardened Carapace, Lash Whip, Ripper tentacles
Troops
4x Genestealers with Adrenal Glands
Broodlord with Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons ,
4x Genestealers with Toxin Sacs
Heavy Support
Trygon
Fortifications
Aegis Defence Line

Anyway, I got me a Winged Hive tyrant recently, just finished painting it and can't decide whether to run a list with it in. It's a 6th of my points and although difficult to hit, if it is hit it could get spanked. So the list would be more like this:

HQ
Hive Tyrant, Wings, 2X Twin Linked Devourers
Elites
3x Hive Guard(s)
The Doom of Malan’tai with Mycetic Spore with Hardened Carapace, Lash Whip, Ripper tentacles
Troops
4x Genestealers with Adrenal Glands
Heavy Support
Trygon
Fortifications
Aegis Defence Line

Now this leaves me with around 100pts and a number of options.

I could add another unit of 10 Devgaunts and make the HQ Tervigon a troop, which would be useful, but also mean my Warlord is the slightly fragile Tyrant.
I could go for 10 plain Termagants, make the HQ Tervigon a troop and add another Hive Guard [2 broods of 2]
Add another Hive Guard and 1 Biovore [Big Guns makes it a scoring unit and they're really annoying, however it does make an easy kill point [although there was only 1 KP mission last time]
Take off the scything talons on the Troop Tervigon and add 3 Warriors with Deathspitters - extra synapse and more durable than the Devgaunts but can still be instakilled and areless effective without the Prime.

So which would you do? Stick with the first list or option 1,2,3 or 4 from the second list

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-JN6qwCxhDig/UTcjWzXOlJI/AAAAAAAAGeM/LK4IcfgBqcI/w559-h419-o-k/P1070158.JPG