PDA

View Full Version : New Chaos Codex Units page!

JMichael
09-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Here is the Units Reference page from the back of the new codex.
NOt sure if positng the image is bad mojo for BoLS so here's a link

http://images.4chan.org/tg/src/1348423039726.jpg

Kirsten
09-27-2012, 05:08 PM
just gets me a page saying '4chan.org'

faolan
09-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Wow, zerkers and plagues have moved to Elites.

Ugh, gonna have to either do 2001+ point armies or completely redo my build list, heh. Goddammit.

DrBored
09-27-2012, 10:40 PM

Ugh, gonna have to either do 2001+ point armies or completely redo my build list, heh. Goddammit.

I can't believe I'm having to say this this late in the rumor game. You can unlock Plague Marines and Khorne Berzerkers by taking a Lord (or named HQ) with the appropriate Mark, like Mark of Nurgle or Mark of Khorne. These marks put the appropriate units into the Troop section, allowing you to continue to play your lists.

Learn2Eel
09-27-2012, 11:50 PM

Following on from what DrBored said, Noise Marines are also unlocked in a similar way. Just remember that Thousand Sons have to be unlocked through a Sorcerer Lord instead of a Chaos Lord (unless you take Ahriman).

Chris*ta
09-28-2012, 03:46 AM

Wow, you can read ANYTHING in that image :rolleyes:

Wolfshade
09-28-2012, 03:50 AM
I am at a loss of things to say at this point.

championarsenal
09-28-2012, 04:05 AM
so what r the vehicles classified as? are the predators still heavy? or do they all take up a separate force chart

bullymike
09-28-2012, 10:04 AM
so who can take power lances?

Caitsidhe
09-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Thunderhammers are on the list too which is hopeful. That sounds like at least one of our Special Characters can field one, or perhaps they have decided to give it to our Terminators. Our version of Storm Shields would also be appreciated.

Mr Mystery
09-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Thunder Hammer is on the Hellbrute from what I understand.

Caitsidhe
09-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Thunder Hammer is on the Hellbrute from what I understand.

Really? What a pity. :( We could have used that option on Terminators. To see it wasted on the Hellbrute is just depressing.

Flammenwerfer13
09-28-2012, 11:24 AM
http://images.4chan.org/tg/src/1348839646908.jpg

Archon
09-28-2012, 11:28 AM
What the ... you have to buy Power Armour for a CSM-Daemon Prince?! Such a shame ... the prince is out so we take support HQs like the loyalist scum?

Caitsidhe
09-28-2012, 11:35 AM
What the ... you have to buy Power Armour for a CSM-Daemon Prince?! Such a shame ... the prince is out so we take support HQs like the loyalist scum?

Yeah the Daemon Prince does seem to have been priced out of the market. I suspect the point is to make you do Daemons as allies and just use their DP or DP-Special Characters. That would mean, in turn, that you have bought more models to meet the Daemon Troop-type requirement. You see how that works? While I happen to thing the DP was too cheap before, they have (in typical GW fashion) just broken it the other way.

heretic marine
09-28-2012, 01:30 PM
wow 50$ for a hardcover 105 page book!!! semi excited now :(

Chris*ta
09-28-2012, 01:33 PM
wow 50$ for a hardcover 105 page book!!! semi excited now :(

Sorry, can't take anyone complaining about GW prices seriously who isn't in Australia.

$83 :(

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Sorry, can't take anyone complaining about GW prices seriously who isn't in Australia.

$83 :(

ah yes, Australian prices - They make Forge World seem cheap.

Book looks nice and all, but far too £££ much for me - would of bought it just for the fluff otherwise. Did anyone else hope there would be more pages as well? Speaking of fluff, not heard anything on the rumour-front about that aspect so I guess theres nothing new?

Chris*ta
09-28-2012, 01:56 PM
ah yes, Australian prices - They make Forge World seem cheap.

Umm, no FW is cheap. They sell, e.g. Plastic Leman Russ (yes, they sell some standard GW plastic kits) for 31 pounds (about $47 Aus) this model is $83 rrp in Australia. Now, I can mail order it for 20% off from an Aus company, or $66. And FW is free postage if you order enough. I'm pretty sure this is how smuggling starts :(

In other news, apparently it's the old Leman Russ kit -- presumably so it's compatible with FW's turrets.

championarsenal
09-28-2012, 02:23 PM
hi, for the w40k 6th ed, what r the vehicles classified as? for example are the chaos predators still heavy support? or do they all take up a separate force chart

Connjurus
09-28-2012, 02:57 PM

Right, because WS: 9, I: 8 is so much worse than WS: 7 I: 5 in the Daemon 'dex.

the jeske
09-28-2012, 03:03 PM

when it costs twice the points and you still dont have frags then yes . it does suck . Ah and lets not forget that when the DP costs a lot more [may as well take fateweaver , cheaper and better rules] he doesnt open slots to troop cult units , so you still need a sorc/lord.

Kirsten
09-28-2012, 03:05 PM
hi, for the w40k 6th ed, what r the vehicles classified as? for example are the chaos predators still heavy support? or do they all take up a separate force chart

vehicles are as they were, no separate chart for vehicles.

Mrchilidog
09-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Have hellbrutes completely replaced chaos dreads? I dont see a dread entry.

championarsenal
09-28-2012, 05:09 PM
vehicles are as they were, no separate chart for vehicles.

ok but looking at the units picture from the first page, the vehicles were another entry. so what would the helbrutes qualify as? elites or heavy?

JMichael
09-28-2012, 05:42 PM
I know Australian prices are high...but you do after all have all those sexy Aussy women that talk in that awesome accent!

Kirsten
09-28-2012, 05:43 PM
probably elites I would guess, as the dreadnoughts were in the last book, but that is speculation from me.

Learn2Eel
09-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Have hellbrutes completely replaced chaos dreads? I dont see a dread entry.

Yes mate.

@championarsenal, Helbrutes are in the Elites section. The Heavy Support section is pretty crowded already; Maulerfiends, Forgefiends, Defilers, Obliterators, Vindicators, Predators, Land Raiders, Havocs, etc.
Heavy Support was our best 0-3 limit section before, and it still appears to be that way - but now it is even more crowded than it used to be! ARGH! I have two Vindicators, one AC/HB Predator, one Land Raider and one Defiler as it is. Now I'm planning on adding two/four of the Fiends eventually, and probably one or two units of Obliterators. Damn GW.....

Connjurus
09-28-2012, 09:04 PM
when it costs twice the points and you still dont have frags then yes . it does suck . Ah and lets not forget that when the DP costs a lot more [may as well take fateweaver , cheaper and better rules] he doesnt open slots to troop cult units , so you still need a sorc/lord.

All depends on the average points-costs range in your area, I suppose. I play with a bunch of other fellows who've been in the hobby for a large number of years, and 1,500-1,850 got boring for us a long time ago. Normally play at around at least 2,000, but 2,250 - 2,500 is pretty common too, and that's the lens I'm looking at the close-combat monstrosity through. Don't forget, we don't even know what's on the Chaos Artefacts page yet, so jumping the gun and saying 'it sucks' is, well...jumping the gun.

Besides, who needs cult units as troops? Sure, they're nice, and I'll play plenty of games with my Thousand Sons, but if you think that I'm not nabbing up an armful or two of cultist boxes when they're released, you're crazy. Hell, even basic marines are a bargain. We can fill the field with boots at a much lower cost than we previously were capable of, so if that frees up some points for something that Marines hit and wound on 5's, I'll take it.

Durendin
09-29-2012, 01:15 AM
I'm not seeing that much that differentiates this from the previous (dire) offering for a Chaos Codex. They've shuffled a few units around and added some Dinobots/ZOIDS to the list but nothing that really lives up to the expectations raised by the rumour-mongers.

Kirsten
09-29-2012, 02:54 AM
it is interesting to see how the rumours change, it stopped being a legion book some time ago and nobody mentioned it.

eldargal
09-29-2012, 03:15 AM
One thing this release has done is show just how many people have no damned idea what a dinobot looks like.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-29-2012, 03:17 AM
One thing this release has done is show just how many people have no damned idea what a dinobot looks like.

+ 1

Learn2Eel
09-29-2012, 03:31 AM

+ 40,000

abaddonsmummy
09-29-2012, 05:39 AM

nope

i've always had in my head the 'good monsters' from dark crystal for some reason. think its the sloping down back and head.

also the heldrake wings are terrible. thinking heldrake body and terrorgeist wings for my next project.

http://puppeteersunite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/how-to-build-a-mystic-from-the-dark-crystal.jpg

abaddonsmummy
09-29-2012, 07:39 AM
also on the subject of the maulerfiend for a thousand sons army i'd convert a necro/warshphinx from fantasy to use as one.

it's a waaaaaay better model and fits nicely with the egypt themed thousand sons.

championarsenal
09-29-2012, 12:50 PM
wow man the elites and heavy support r cramped....but does anyone know if theres a rule in the chaos codex that allows u to pick 1 more unit at the expense of others, for example 4 heavy support, 2 fast attack.
Yes mate.

@championarsenal, Helbrutes are in the Elites section. The Heavy Support section is pretty crowded already; Maulerfiends, Forgefiends, Defilers, Obliterators, Vindicators, Predators, Land Raiders, Havocs, etc.
Heavy Support was our best 0-3 limit section before, and it still appears to be that way - but now it is even more crowded than it used to be! ARGH! I have two Vindicators, one AC/HB Predator, one Land Raider and one Defiler as it is. Now I'm planning on adding two/four of the Fiends eventually, and probably one or two units of Obliterators. Damn GW.....

Learn2Eel
09-29-2012, 01:00 PM
wow man the elites and heavy support r cramped....but does anyone know if theres a rule in the chaos codex that allows u to pick 1 more unit at the expense of others, for example 4 heavy support, 2 fast attack.

It doesn't look that way unfortuneately mate. But we can't say for sure of course.

DarkLink
09-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Well, considering that there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to assume that GW completely changed how the FOC system works for Chaos and Chaos only, we can safely assume that you cannot trade FOC slots to get 4 Heavy at the expense of one Fast. Besides, pay attention to the rumors. There are other previously established means to manipulate the FOC, both via unit choice and by 6th ed's double FOC at 2000pts.

Mr Mystery
09-29-2012, 01:24 PM
You know, being a rumour sceptic, I'd like a project where once the product is in hand, the community go back over the rumours. See what was accurate, what misunderstood/misreported, and what was entirely made up.

Durendin
09-29-2012, 02:34 PM

Really?

I think the new Fiends (Lazerbeak's Dad aside) look exactly like Grimlock getting stuck mid-transformation. Possibly much more like ZOIDS though, I grant you. :p

Mr Mystery
09-29-2012, 02:40 PM
The you even wronger!

Looks Nowt like Grimlock. Him Grimlock not Chaos! Him Grimlock KING!!!

energongoodie
09-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Him Grimlock not Chaos! Him Grimlock KING!!!

Made me chuckle :D

Durendin
09-29-2012, 04:24 PM
The "Rumours" seriously over-sold this codex. Different Chaos Land Raiders? Nope, same old one choice as before. Dreadclaw or similar? Nope, just the usual Rhino. Daemon Engines? Nah, have Lazerbeak's dad and some Dinobots.

Where are the Legions? No-where except beyond the mandatory Character Unlock - but doesn't actually include units beyond the basic troop choices being transferred from Elites. This was a major complaint of the last codex but it's been repeated again.

Perhaps the euphoria of a new codex has blinded people from realising it's essentially a rebinding of the old one?

Meh, you can always sell old rope for good money! :rolleyes:

daboarder
09-29-2012, 04:27 PM
You know, being a rumour sceptic, I'd like a project where once the product is in hand, the community go back over the rumours. See what was accurate, what misunderstood/misreported, and what was entirely made up.

There is one on dakka

Mr Mystery
09-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Yeah. Banned from there.

Their 'intellectual' elite didn't like being called onanists. Even though it was patently true....

Kirsten
09-29-2012, 04:36 PM
the new codex doesn't need to be massively different, 3.5 had too many options, 4 not enough, this looks like it will be somewhere in between. The last codex was tactically sound, just really boring, now they have added in the boon table, artefacts, daemon engines, warpsmith. Legion rules would be great, but I am still looking forward to this one.

eldargal
09-29-2012, 10:17 PM
The Heldrake in no away resembles Lazerbeak either. Both Swoop and Lazerbeak are purely mechanical, both have wings that are swept back, not forward and there is just no similarities at all.

There is also no similarity with Grimlock.:p I'm frequently astounded with peoples ability to see aesthetic connections where there are none, especially in this hobby.

Really?

I think the new Fiends (Lazerbeak's Dad aside) look exactly like Grimlock getting stuck mid-transformation. Possibly much more like ZOIDS though, I grant you. :p

Durendin
09-29-2012, 10:35 PM
'm frequently astounded with peoples ability to see aesthetic connections where there are none, especially in this hobby.

If you must twist my arm (and to please the Hasbro fans) I'll go with the Fiends looking like actual dinosaurs dressed up in cheap Tranformers Halloween costumes.

And a dragon in 40K? Oh for the love of ***! Regardless of how some in the design studio try to drag 40K away from its Fantasy beginnings and create its own mythos some fud slips in Smaug! No plastic Hell-Blade or Hell-Tallon, but a bloomin' mechanical dragon! Yeah, nice work there guys!

The Sovereign
09-29-2012, 10:59 PM
also on the subject of the maulerfiend for a thousand sons army i'd convert a necro/warshphinx from fantasy to use as one.

it's a waaaaaay better model and fits nicely with the egypt themed thousand sons.

Yeah, I was trying to think of a way to do that myself. The warsphinx is a beautifull model, and perfect for the Sons.

http://puppeteersunite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/how-to-build-a-mystic-from-the-dark-crystal.jpg

OHGODBURNIT

Emerald Rose Widow
09-29-2012, 11:28 PM
This release has not impressed me at all, not a big fan of most of the models.

The helldrake has a bloody rocket cloaca, and its wings would look far better swept back instead of forward.

The daemon engines, with their tongues sticking through their teeth while the mouth is closed looks silly, and they just kind of over did it on ornamentation.

Raptors are meh, the armour is cool, but the old jetpacks looked better

on the other hand the upgrade packs for cultists, like the thousand suns, were really cool and I do like that, but you have to pay for that along with the actual space marine kits, making it very expensive.

The dark apostle is a neat looking model, if a bit static

I do love the warpsmith, really neat idea with the dark techpriest thing, I like it a lot.

The aspiring champion looks like a really good model, I love the design, really ornate.

ok I like it more than I thought I would, but still, there big big things turned out...eh

eldargal
09-29-2012, 11:30 PM
It's not a dragon. It's a vaguely dragon shaped daemon forged aircraft. It's especially ironic that people are holding the helblade up as an example of what theywanted while at the same time ridiculing the heldrake for its wings are very similar in design (if not layout) to those on the FW kits.

If you must twist my arm (and to please the Hasbro fans) I'll go with the Fiends looking like actual dinosaurs dressed up in cheap Tranformers Halloween costumes.

And a dragon in 40K? Oh for the love of ***! Regardless of how some in the design studio try to drag 40K away from its Fantasy beginnings and create its own mythos some fud slips in Smaug! No plastic Hell-Blade or Hell-Tallon, but a bloomin' mechanical dragon! Yeah, nice work there guys!

Durendin
09-29-2012, 11:44 PM
It's not a dragon.

If you must split hairs then it's a "dragon-like construct!"

eldargal
09-29-2012, 11:49 PM
It's hardly splitting hairs, it's also a silly complaint in a setting with space monks, space elves, space orks, space undead, space dwarfs and perhaps space ratmen.

Durendin
09-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Well there's clearly more than one schools of thought on this - one to make it more like it's fantasy roots and another to move it towards sci-fi and Games Workshop capriciously pitches between the two. One day Space-Dwarves are out, next day dragon-like constructs are in.

My personal preference is a harder swing towards the sci-fi and for 40K to evolve from Fantasy and I don't find dragon-like constructs that appealing.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-30-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm down with the Heldrake, it's pretty much the old Tzeentch Doomwing with less parrot, more dragon. Plus, it has enough stylistic similarities to work alongside the Forgeworld flyers, I appreciate that. A mixed piloted/Daemon Engine chaos airforce would be awesome.

perhaps space ratmen.NopenopenopeNOPE ;o;

Farseer Uthiliesh
09-30-2012, 03:15 AM
The Heldrake in no away resembles Lazerbeak either. Both Swoop and Lazerbeak are purely mechanical, both have wings that are swept back, not forward and there is just no similarities at all.

There is also no similarity with Grimlock.:p I'm frequently astounded with peoples ability to see aesthetic connections where there are none, especially in this hobby.

I have to agree. Im really struggling to see the similarities with robot toys (Transformers or zoids).

Kirsten
09-30-2012, 05:06 AM
they are mechanical beasts, that is the similarity.

Farseer Uthiliesh
09-30-2012, 05:16 AM
they are mechanical beasts, that is the similarity.

Then pretty much every games company has zoids and transformers :D

Kirsten
09-30-2012, 05:27 AM
I never said they looked like them, but that is what people are comparing, I don't see the point of the rage flying about over it.

Frankly I think they look like power ranger robots, especially the helldrake.

Farseer Uthiliesh
09-30-2012, 05:30 AM
I never said they looked like them, but that is what people are comparing, I don't see the point of the rage flying about over it.

Frankly I think they look like power ranger robots, especially the helldrake.

Fair enough, but I think it's probably futile disputing aesthetic judgments :) Personally, I'm not seeing the rangers look, either.

Kirsten
09-30-2012, 05:39 AM
just imagine the helldrake doing a really slow, jerky movement up and down and roaring like the pterodactyl from the original series :P

Farseer Uthiliesh
09-30-2012, 05:49 AM
just imagine the helldrake doing a really slow, jerky movement up and down and roaring like the pterodactyl from the original series :P

Haha Never watched the show :) Grew up watching Transformers and Doctor Who ;)

Kirsten
09-30-2012, 05:55 AM
much better choices. I will probably pick up a helldrake, but I think it needs major work to look half decent, don't like the flying dragon. I don't like the forge world chaos aircraft either though.

Joe Fixit
09-30-2012, 06:06 AM
I can see how some people feel the new chaos stuff has certain transformers / zoids look to them. Nothing wrong with an opinion. I just don't like these models though. I like the raptors and the contents of the new starter set. The Chaos models in that box look fantastic, the baroque look is really neat. I don't like these beasts though. It's a step away from normal space marines for sure, but personally I just don't like these models.
I would rather have seen warped versions of land raiders and storm talons etc. proper kits and not just conversions.
But as long as the majority of the chaos players are happy with their release. Then who an I to argue

sickillbot
09-30-2012, 06:56 AM
I know Australian prices are high...but you do after all have all those sexy Aussy women that talk in that awesome accent!

Yeah but we can't hear the accent!

BatMarine
09-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Yeah but we can't hear the accent!

Well sure you can... It's like being able to taste water. If you can hear when someone is NOT from Australia, then you MUST be able to hear when someone is, otherwise what would you have to go on to tell they're not?

Archon
09-30-2012, 11:42 AM

Yes 3 Stats will go up (A is 5 now) but for what? A winged DP is 205 points now! (And it has to spend points on his big servo ... it´s a CSM-DP!) If you like to have a God-DP you have to pay extra, if you want to make some spells you have to pay extra and when you take a look at the LD, you´ll see the DP is 9 now, the lowest LD for a HQ Choice in the book. Mr.-made-out-of-warp-essence can´t handle the powers of the warp so well, yes? The worsest sorcerer in the book, so far. And you´ll have a biomancy boost - of course.

You´ll be shoot down as easily as the old one wich is around 150 pts. Its T5 with no regular way to push it. T5 is what a c,sm-biker has! T5 will be wound on 5+ by the ole bolters. Thats for all is not worse the point uprise by 100+.

And take a closer look to the god-specific upgrade for the DP: Slaanesh has rending - yeah - i have to spend points for a rule, that i don´t need? Rending for a monster?

Joe Fixit
09-30-2012, 12:01 PM
If you must split hairs then it's a "dragon-like construct!"

Show a picture at anyone who has little interest in 40k and ask them what it looks like.

It looks like a Dragon.

Chris*ta
09-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Show a picture at anyone who has no interest in 40k and ask them what it looks like.

It looks like a Dragon.

Ahh ... how can I politely point out how dumb this is as a point?

Ask them if it looks like a flesh and blood dragon and they'll say no.

Also, who cares about the opinion of non-GW fans of GW models?

Durendin
09-30-2012, 01:20 PM
"Dragon like construct" is a direct quote from Games Workshop. :rolleyes:

Chris*ta
09-30-2012, 01:24 PM
@ Durendin: Confused. I thought I was agreeing with you.

Did you mean to address that comment to Joe?

miteyheroes
09-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Go up to someone who has no interest in 40k and ask them if the Heldrake takes more of its design inspirations from the Hell Blade, Doomwing, a dragon or ZOIDs.

They'll say "Who are you? What are you talking about? Leave me alone!"

Chris*ta
09-30-2012, 01:28 PM
You forgot "Stranger danger! I need an adult!"

Durendin
09-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Did you mean to address that comment to Joe?

Yeah probably, I was most likely losing track of what I was saying to whom! I've gone back and edited for posterity!

Joe Fixit
09-30-2012, 02:58 PM

You can't be polite about calling someone's comment "dumb" and as I see it its not. I think someone's opinion is as valid as the next. Duredin and I maybe agree it looks like a dragon, compare the shape of the head to the high elves dragon. I just have.

You obviously don't think it does, that's fine but don't be an *** and call my point of view dumb.

But to argue the toss, here's GWs descriptive.

Heldrakes are winged Daemon Engines that plummet out of the skies like living comets, hurtling towards enemy aircraft and crashing claws-first into them from above. A Heldrake takes cruel joy in diving down upon the unsuspecting air support of the enemy in order to shred them to pieces with its scything wings and rune-carved talons.

The Heldrake model is an enormous, dragon-like construct, a Chaos fusion of flesh, bone and metal. The model is sculpted as if soaring across the battlefield, and comes with numerous features: there are interlocking plates across the wings; a trail of cables from the rear of the model; as well as more subtle details such as wiring, rivets, spikes, and web of raised edging displayed across the metal plates. The Mark of Chaos can be discerned around the shoulder joints and on the wings.

Joe Fixit
09-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Go up to someone who has no interest in 40k and ask them if the Heldrake takes more of its design inspirations from the Hell Blade, Doomwing, a dragon or ZOIDs.

They'll say "Who are you? What are you talking about? Leave me alone!"

Not really, I have plenty of friends who don't play 40k but are always interested in my display cabinet.

miteyheroes
09-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Not really, I have plenty of friends who don't play 40k but are always interested in my display cabinet.

Surely by definition that's not someone who has "no interest in 40k"? It's not much of an interest, but it's more than nothing. Anyway. Meaningless semantic argument. Sorry.

Personally I quite fancy taking the Heldrake's wings and sticking them onto a more mechanical, cockpit-style body. Maybe a modified Valkyrie?

Joe Fixit
09-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Surely by definition that's not someone who has "no interest in 40k"? It's not much of an interest, but it's more than nothing.

Oh please, no need to be pedantic, just get a larger circle of friends.

But I apologise as this adds nothing to the discussion, I think a points been made by GWs website description of the model in question, don't you think ?

Narceron
09-30-2012, 06:13 PM
It is a week away, who is even reading rumors at this point. Locals will have this in hand on Tuesday, I think I can wait two days.

miteyheroes
10-01-2012, 05:03 AM
But I apologise as this adds nothing to the discussion, I think a points been made by GWs website description of the model in question, don't you think ?

Not to mention its name - it's called a heldrake, it's probably inspired by dragons. Or by ducks. But probably dragons.

Kirsten
10-01-2012, 05:25 AM
I like the idea of a mechanical duck that breathes fire. sounds very samurai pizza cats.

Wolfshade
10-01-2012, 07:59 AM
sounds very samurai pizza cats.
Wow there is a blast from the past.

eldargal
10-01-2012, 08:21 AM
I love that show. Should be coming out on DVD soon (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Samurai-Pizza-Cats-DVDs-Planned/16654) apparently.

L192837465
10-01-2012, 09:30 AM
No dreadnaughts makes me a sad chaos worshipper and lover of Forgeworld...

Kawauso
10-01-2012, 09:38 AM
No dreadnaughts makes me a sad chaos worshipper and lover of Forgeworld...

???

They're just called Helbrutes now...like how Pariahs became Lychguard in the Necron codex.

Gotthammer
10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
I love that show. Should be coming out on DVD soon (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Samurai-Pizza-Cats-DVDs-Planned/16654) apparently.

You just made my day :D

-

On topic: I like the daemon engines, and if I had the spare cash I'd do an entirely engine army centred around some superheavies like the FW Brass Scorpion, Tower of Skulls or a Lord of Battle.
The Forge Fiend reminds me of the Barghest (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Barghest), personally. Not sure about the balance of it personally, the legs are all too far back IMO, but I think the Maulerfiend looks boss.

Kirsten
10-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Wow there is a blast from the past.

only the single greatest tv show ever made. if that comes out on dvd i will be the happiest person ever

Sure
10-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Well, considering that there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to assume that GW completely changed how the FOC system works for Chaos and Chaos only, we can safely assume that you cannot trade FOC slots to get 4 Heavy at the expense of one Fast. Besides, pay attention to the rumors. There are other previously established means to manipulate the FOC, both via unit choice and by 6th ed's double FOC at 2000pts.

I think folks are asking b/c the previous codex allowed you to exchange two fast attack slots for one heavy support in an Iron Warriors list and trade 2 heavy support for one fast attack in a Night Lords list. A lot of people liked that and were crossing fingers for it to come back, smahty-pants.

Sure
10-01-2012, 01:30 PM

I read this and my brain exploded.

inquisitorsog
10-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Show a picture at anyone who has little interest in 40k and ask them what it looks like.

It looks like a Dragon.

I think the the root of the problem is that who ever designed it went for "Dragon" and not "Dragon-like". Combine that with blase´ paint jobs in the glossies and it simply looks totally unlike the aesthetic we're used to for Chaos, hence many of the complaints. The result is something that just sits in uncanny valley for me.

The result is a cut-in-half armor plated dragon swallowing an assault cannon that happens to have a really big pooper.

Durendin
10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
One slight niggle for me is the fluff aspect of this.

I can see the Dark Mechanicus knocking out swarms of Hell-Talons and Hell-Blades in dark, nightmare-ish factoriums at the behest of the Despoiler but the Dragon-Construct? Who'd have thought they were so artsy-fartsy to make this thing!

As for the Fiend Daemon Engines they look like sauropods with bits bolted on. They don't strike me as Daemons bound to machines (unlike the Defiler and unbound Soul-Grinder). Is there a dinosaur breeding planet in the Eye? :rolleyes:

(Paraphrasing) I'm reminded what Joe Fixit said about Forge-World knocking out the more seriously minded stuff while leaving 40K to wallow in high-camp for the younglings. With these latest offerings it's hard to disagree with that sentiment.

Kirsten
10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
One slight niggle for me is the fluff aspect of this.

I can see the Dark Mechanicus knocking out swarms of Hell-Talons and Hell-Blades in dark, nightmare-ish factoriums at the behest of the Despoiler but the Dragon-Construct? Who'd have thought they were so artsy-fartsy to make

they didn't, to be fair, they made fighters with human pilots, and the fighters mutated in the warp to the single living dragon thing

Mr Mystery
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Bah! Ninja'd!!

Plus, that allows for scratch built versions.

Me, I'd be tempted to put chains extending out the back. Purely aesthetic preference.

TheGodOfNothing
10-02-2012, 01:40 PM
I already did. (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?25093-Emperor-s-Children-Heldrake-(Counts-as))

Loken
10-03-2012, 10:14 AM
New photos of Chaos Codex pages up on Apocalypse40K.

http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.com/2012/10/chaos-codex-photos-of-rules-pages.html

Slayer le Boucher
10-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Look what i've found in my FLGS this morning!!!

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4156/img1505f.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9356/img1506g.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9167/img1507l.jpg

He so gonna get converted..., my bit boxes was laying there for the past 8 months..., i'm all itchy to cut and glue...

The Sovereign
10-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the sprue photos, Slayer! Count me among the hell talon fans. My only complaint is that there don't appear to be any bits to personalize it to specific legions (like my beloved Thousand Sons).

Chris*ta
10-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the sprue photos, Slayer! Count me among the hell talon fans. My only complaint is that there don't appear to be any bits to personalize it to specific legions (like my beloved Thousand Sons).

I get the feeling that it's not meant to be something that occurs within the legions, but is just nonspecifically Chaos-y. Just my impression though.

championarsenal
10-07-2012, 07:45 AM
i dont see any part in the codex which says u can use noise marines/berzerkers/plague marines/thousand sons as troop choices if u have a related mark in the HQ

championarsenal
10-07-2012, 07:46 AM
also, what now happens to the greater daemons???? dont see them in the chaos codex

BatMarine
10-07-2012, 08:14 AM
They're in our Battle Brothers' codex, Codex: Daemons of Chaos.

Side note. No grenades on warp talons... Intentional or not? I was inclined to think not until I saw that Possessed also lack grenades... Thoughts?

championarsenal
10-07-2012, 08:29 AM
yea but u see, the previous edition they were in the chaos codex even though there was chaos daemons codex
They're in our Battle Brothers' codex, Codex: Daemons of Chaos.

Side note. No grenades on warp talons... Intentional or not? I was inclined to think not until I saw that Possessed also lack grenades... Thoughts?

BatMarine
10-07-2012, 08:32 AM
But that has nothing to do with 6th edition as in any of those previous editions we didn't have access to allies. Now we do. So if you want Demons, you have to give up other allies. And honestly I think that makes a decent amount of sense seeing as most other armies wouldn't want to work with Demons (Guard aside, we do have Cultists on that front)