PDA

View Full Version : Horus Heresy banding.....

Mr Mystery
09-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Evening!

So I've just put my copy of Shadows of Treachery in my book case next to the others, and I'm reminded me of a question that's annoying me for ages..

What's with the coloured band at the top of the spines? Green, yellow, blue, red.... What gives???

Denzark
09-27-2012, 03:45 PM
I was told that the colour of writing of the book title is how long it has been out. So the first print on release are gold, next lot silver, next lot bronze. Ie if you buy the first ones now you will only get bronze - unless it has been on the shelf for a while.

Sorry absolutely no idea about the colour banding hehe back OT then...

Denzark
09-27-2012, 03:47 PM
OK I think there may be a code - something to do with story arcs.

The first 3 are red.

The next lot are mostly green - including the 2 crappy DA ones.

Fulgrim is an exception - blue - with the first heretic - so covering traitors.

Prospero burns and Thousand suns are purple together.

A lot of the compendiums are yellow.

Have you checked the dates in terms of crusade-ullanor-istvaan etc?

JamesP
09-28-2012, 04:52 AM
Evening!

So I've just put my copy of Shadows of Treachery in my book case next to the others, and I'm reminded me of a question that's annoying me for ages..

What's with the coloured band at the top of the spines? Green, yellow, blue, red.... What gives???

Once the entire series has been published and you line the books up together on your shelves, all the colours will start to move, merge together and open up a warp portal. This will either allow a horde of Chaos daemons to enter and devour the material world or corrupt you into spending all of your money on FW Heresy miniatures - if you haven't already, that is.

Wolfshade
09-28-2012, 05:12 AM
I was told that the colour of writing of the book title is how long it has been out. So the first print on release are gold, next lot silver, next lot bronze. Ie if you buy the first ones now you will only get bronze - unless it has been on the shelf for a while.

Sorry absolutely no idea about the colour banding hehe back OT then...

There was a special 5th year metallic blue for the first 3 as well IIRC.

The colour question is one that I try and figure out. Every so often I thought I had it then a new book would be released with a different colour to the one I was thinking it should be.

Durendin
09-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Take this with as large a pinch of salt as you like but I had heard that it was all to do with time-lines. More specifically what's happening at the same time rather than the order of the events.

Mr Mystery
09-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Could make sense I suppose.

Might just email Black Library!