PDA

View Full Version : Horus Heresy Book One: Betrayal - Review

Toyz n the Hood
09-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I managed to get hold of a copy of the new Horus Heresy book at Games Day and I've just finished my review of it.

You can take a look here: -

http://toyznthehood.com/257/horus-heresy-betrayal/

Sorry it's too big to summarise here - there's a lot of awesomeness and I got a bit carried away :) But I have the book in front of me so please ask any questions and I'll answer them.

Bigred
09-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Fantastic Review!

Montpup
09-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Can termatiors mix CC and ranged weapons or are there still assault and ranged squads

Thank you

Also your review is not helping me keep a handle on things, and is just encouraging me to go deeper I am already planning to spend $600 Australian dollars on power armour alone and I haven't even got the book yet

Also another question where did you get the heads on your 1000 sons? As the helmets seem to be the style I want for my ultramarines

energongoodie
09-28-2012, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the review Toyz.
You are making me rather jealous though. I want this book bad.

Wolfshade
09-28-2012, 03:53 AM
Nice review. Why does FW steal my money :(

Toyz n the Hood
09-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Can termatiors mix CC and ranged weapons or are there still assault and ranged squads

Also another question where did you get the heads on your 1000 sons? As the helmets seem to be the style I want for my ultramarines

Terminators can mix assault and ranged squads BUT Storm Shields aren't around yet. So really you can have lightning claws and then swap your powerfists for other weapons such as Thunder Hammers. There are two types of terminators and one lets you have a 4+ invulnerable save but it then makes them slow and purposeful so they're not the best assault troops!

I can't remember exactly where the Thousand Sons heads came from. I'm planning to write another blog on them at some point so i'll have to remember! They're from one of the Polish companies, either MaxMini, Puppet Wars or Kromlech. They're Steam Warrior heads.

Mr Mystery
09-28-2012, 03:03 PM
In terms of price tag, I really cannot praise the production values highly enough.

This really is quite lavish! Strongly bound, ribbed leather spine. It's simply beautiful! As the content is frankly stunning.

Montpup
09-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Terminators can mix assault and ranged squads BUT Storm Shields aren't around yet. So really you can have lightning claws and then swap your powerfists for other weapons such as Thunder Hammers. There are two types of terminators and one lets you have a 4+ invulnerable save but it then makes them slow and purposeful so they're not the best assault troops!

I can't remember exactly where the Thousand Sons heads came from. I'm planning to write another blog on them at some point so i'll have to remember! They're from one of the Polish companies, either MaxMini, Puppet Wars or Kromlech. They're Steam Warrior heads.

Thank you very much

Also I found the heads they belong to maxmini

Thanks again