PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here bidding on this........

Lukas The Trickster
09-27-2012, 12:24 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-HORUS-HERESY-BOOK-ONE-BETRAYAL-LIMITED-EDITION-FORGE-WORLD-PRE-RELEASE-/221129766325?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item337c5c75b5

If you happen to be one of the five people currently bidding nearly £130 (plus £10 postage) for a book that was expensive enough in the first place, and will be released in a couple of weeks, then you clearly have money to throw away - can I have some? PM me and I will tell you who to make the cheque out to, and where to send it ;)

Deadlift
09-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Yeah I saw this too, FW have already begun setting up their HH page as well, I would laugh my rocks off if the same day the winner receives the book, it's released for sale on FW website.

Lukas The Trickster
09-27-2012, 12:34 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought FW normally put pre-orders up towards the middle of the month for release at the end, so we may be waiting a while yet. Still crazy though - we know the basic premises of the force organisation through stuff being put on here by those who got it at GD, so you could start assembling and painting your army now with the money you would save.

Deadlift
09-27-2012, 12:36 PM
I had thought of making a start but I am torn between legions, do I stick with Salamanders or try something new ?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-27-2012, 12:45 PM
I have my book. I'm happy boy. :)

EDIT: MAN! I'm a man now. Happy man. Happy Dale.

magickbk
09-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Perhaps these people live somewhere in the world that due to exchange rate and shipping, they don't expect to be able to get a copy direct for a long time and at a proper cost?

Lukas The Trickster
09-27-2012, 12:50 PM
I am a Sons of Horus man, no doubt from the start as I loved Horus Rising and False Gods. I am planning on a 'dual' army, half made up of 'True Sons' in Mk II armour loyal to the Warmaster, lots of shaved heads with topknots, the imperial eagles subtly removed and replaced with lodge tokens and eye symbols, Abaddon and Justaerin Termies in Black, then a loyalist half made up of 10th company led by Loken, all in Mk IV plate. The two halves could be used as one to fight other legions/xenos, then split to fight each other. Thats what I'm thinking anyway.

Mr Mystery
09-27-2012, 01:11 PM
I have my book. I'm happy boy. :)

EDIT: MAN! I'm a man now. Happy man. Happy Dale.

Yeah. Even better when they forget to charge you for it! Bwahahhahahaahha!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-27-2012, 01:14 PM
You're still a jammy git!
Means you could buy more Resin crack!!! :p

Legen-dary. :D

Mr Mystery
09-27-2012, 01:17 PM
And that I did! 20 MkII assault marines.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Jealous right here. :p
I wanted some Mark 5 dudes.

I wrote a 1k Legion list with 26 guys in it. It was quite terribru.
I picked a Praetor with Honour of the Legion as my HQ, why did I do that?! :p

Insert_nickname_here
09-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I had thought of making a start but I am torn between legions, do I stick with Salamanders or try something new ?

I don't know if this has been flying about the interwebs or what, but salamanders are to be featured in the second book

Deadlift
09-27-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't know if this has been flying about the interwebs or what, but salamanders are to be featured in the second book

Yeah I did, but thanks for kindly mentioning it :) I think I will stick with green after all.

Iyandagar
09-27-2012, 05:18 PM
If you want a laugh, type Angron into the search field on that we'll known auction site... MENTAL.....

Grovel
09-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Perhaps these people live somewhere in the world that due to exchange rate and shipping, they don't expect to be able to get a copy direct for a long time and at a proper cost?

But, Forgeworld use the same currency as that auction (thus exchange rate is moot), and the international shipping rate is based on purchase price not destination... So that doesn't come into it either.

Herzlos
09-28-2012, 02:17 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-HORUS-HERESY-BOOK-ONE-BETRAYAL-LIMITED-EDITION-FORGE-WORLD-PRE-RELEASE-/221129766325?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item337c5c75b5

If you happen to be one of the five people currently bidding nearly £130 (plus £10 postage) for a book that was expensive enough in the first place, and will be released in a couple of weeks, then you clearly have money to throw away - can I have some? PM me and I will tell you who to make the cheque out to, and where to send it ;)

Surely calling it a limited edition is a bit cheeky, when it isn't (and it obviously isn't if it's also described as a pre-order).

Wolfshade
09-28-2012, 03:45 AM
Don't forget some people pay silly mony for things, I've seen a free WD poster for over £100, Horus Heresy Collected Visions for over and that is and was still on sale for around £30, it's all mad.
I suppose they get into a position whereby they *must* win the auction and the value of the object is secondary to this goal.

Chris*ta
09-28-2012, 04:07 AM

Shipping from FW is a flat 15% for anywhere not UK (free above 250 pounds).

And exchange rate -- FW charges in pounds and let's your bank change it into local currency, so, it isn't either of these. It's purely "I WANT IT NOW!!!"

Also, the seller couldn't even be bothered getting it signed at GD :( -- then it might be worth paying a bit over 50 pounds for.