NaughtyNostag
09-26-2012, 06:42 AM
The latest update from GW contains the following Q and A:

Q: If Chaos Daemons are allied to Chaos Space Marines, do they roll
for scatter if Deep Striking within 6" of a Chaos Icon carried by a
Chaos Space Marine model? (p73)
A: If the wording on the Chaos Icon’s description refers to ‘all
friendly units’, then yes. If not, then the Chaos Icon only
affects the specific units referred to in its description.

Am i right in thinking that allied Chaos Daemons can never use Chaos Marine icons when deep striking?

DrLove42
09-26-2012, 06:48 AM
How about we wait for the wording in the chaos dex before deciding?
#
It suggests that some icons may have different effects. Maybe thats just referring to the old icons not new ones, we'll just have to wait and see

el_tigre
09-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Lame, can't we have a long-winded and circular argument that will only apply for another week? I don't think you're properly getting into the spirit of BOLS.

abaddonsmummy
09-29-2012, 05:18 AM
Lame, can't we have a long-winded and circular argument that will only apply for another week? I don't think you're properly getting into the spirit of BOLS.

o yes hes is!

pointless circular argument initiated.

press enter to begin.

;)

Lord Krungharr
09-29-2012, 06:53 AM
I've been using Chaos Marine Icons to not scatter my Codex Daemons daemons since the Allies rule came out. I don't see any reason why we could not do that. They did not prohibit that in the Chaos Space Marine FAQ/Errata on GW, and that's where they would've said no. Since they are Battle Brothers, they count as friendly units, and so can use the wargear effects of each other. The Chaos Marines would also get to re-roll saves if Fateweaver was near them too.

Of course that may change with the new Chaos book, and I hope it does not change, as I love having 5 point Personal Icons instead of 25 point Icons!

Nabterayl
09-29-2012, 10:06 AM
The reason you couldn't do that would be that Chaos icons apply only to "models in Terminator armour," "Obliterators," and "Lesser Daemons." Nothing in the daemon codex is any of those (various units may be lesser daemons, but they are not Lesser Daemons). By their terms, CSM icons don't apply to models from the daemon codex, friendly or not.

Not to say that I haven't been allowing the same things you have, but if somebody were to bring up a reason, I imagine that'd be it.

SacredChao
09-30-2012, 07:47 AM
The reason you couldn't do that would be that Chaos icons apply only to "models in Terminator armour," "Obliterators," and "Lesser Daemons." Nothing in the daemon codex is any of those (various units may be lesser daemons, but they are not Lesser Daemons). By their terms, CSM icons don't apply to models from the daemon codex, friendly or not.

Not to say that I haven't been allowing the same things you have, but if somebody were to bring up a reason, I imagine that'd be it.

That is correct, the Chaos Marine Icon is very specific about what can use the icon as a beacon, unfortunately Chaos Daemons don't meet any of the criteria. Now if you and your friends want to play with it like that, I wholeheartedly agree it SHOULD work, just don't expect any tournaments to subscribe to the idea. The one curious thing I see is why did GW give us an answer that literally says "RTFM" when they could have just said "No"? :) Sounds like it could possibly change next week.

PS On a side note, until the last FAQ, ANY Deep Striking Chaos Marine (Including Jump stuff) could use the Chaos Daemon Icon to not scatter :P I guess GW didn't like that.

DarkLink
09-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Except we're not going to have the 4th ed CSM codex once the new codex comes out, so the wording of the 4th ed CSM codex is utterly irrelevant.