PDA

View Full Version : Artist takes every drug known and draws self-portrat after use

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-26-2012, 03:39 AM
http://cultso.com/artist-takes-every-drug-known-to-man-draws-self-portraits-after-each-use/

This is....I don't know, it's interesting though. Some of the pictures are quite creative and quite well done, while others look more like child-like squiggles to me.

I am wondering about the guy's health though. Also, what on earth is "Glass of Pruno" ?

Wolfshade
09-26-2012, 03:52 AM
This reminds of an interesting article of what the effect of various drugs had on the creation of spider webs. I think they had, lsd, cannabis, caffine and found that the most perfect web was made under lsd, it was more symmetrical than the others even when compared with the test
Huzzah: http://www.trinity.edu/jdunn/spiderdrugs.htm

Looks like I got the tests mistaken on some of them

Psychosplodge
09-26-2012, 03:54 AM
Not sure, maybe a hallucinogenic alcohol like absinthe?
Definitely an interesting presentation, I don't think I'd have fancied doing it. And the ones that say Dosage unknown or similar...well somwat scary.

Wildeybeast
09-26-2012, 10:37 AM
'And the newest entrant to the Darwin awards is........' What a knob.

Gotthammer
09-26-2012, 11:05 AM
There's a video of that spider experiment about. (http://www.collegehumor.com/video/236466/spiders-on-drugs)

I know a guy who did something similar, though less extreme on himself.

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Not sure, maybe a hallucinogenic alcohol like absinthe?
Definitely an interesting presentation, I don't think I'd have fancied doing it. And the ones that say Dosage unknown or similar...well somwat scary.

Yeah, I love art - but I don't think I'd risk my life or health for it. I've just read a bit about Absinthe but different sources seem to say different things on how harmfull it is or not, some seem to say it's vastly exagerated while others say it has strong hallucinagenic effects - I'm not going to trust the wikipedia article either lol. Think I'll pass on drinking any either way :D

Psychosplodge
09-26-2012, 12:41 PM
I've tried what they sell as absinthe here, but i don't think it actually is.

Deadlift
09-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I tried the green stuff in Prague, just made me gag with the flavour, Benelyn and Brandy. That's the good stuff :)

Wolfshade
09-27-2012, 02:14 AM
Only very few places allow proper absinthe, the wormwood gives is some hallucinagenic effects, so most places sell it without those bonus features, certainly in the UK it is illegal to sell wormwood absinthe.
With regard to the hallucinagenic effects like most things it all depends on the individual, I know people who end up hallucinating on codene, something I have never done.
If you are going to drink the green stuff just pour it properly over sugar cubes :)

Psychosplodge
10-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Why'd they poor it over sugar cubes?

Wolfshade
10-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Because that it what one should do, like letting red wine breathe, or serving earl gray black

Drunkencorgimaster
10-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure I buy it. It is pretty hard to change artistic styles as drastically as the technique alters from picture to picture. I can't imagine different drugs could have that much effect. I wonder if it isn't a group of artists doing a hoax...

eldargal
10-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Still a superior artist to Tracy Emin. But then who isn't.

Psychosplodge
10-03-2012, 01:52 AM

I know my unmade bed looks far superior to hers...

Wolfshade
10-03-2012, 02:18 AM

I was tempted to try and exhibit an installation called "Used tissue" but the Tate moderne never returned my calls

Psychosplodge
10-03-2012, 02:20 AM
I might enter one called "wank sock"