PDA

View Full Version : Which list to take? 1500pt Dark Eldar Tournament

Archon Charybdis
09-25-2012, 04:17 PM
So got a 1500pt tournament coming up in a few weeks, and debating between two lists.

List 1

Archon w/ Husk Blade, Soul Trap, Shadowfield, Drugs, Phantasm Grenade Launcher - 170

10 Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon and Shredder - 105
Raider - 60

Raider - 60

Raider - 60

7 Incubi - 154
Raider - 60

5 Trueborne w/ 4 Blasters - 120
Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons - 65

Ravager w/ Flicker Field & Night Shield - 125

Ravager w/ Flicker Field & Night Shield - 125

Total - 1499

Basically, everything except the Ravagers advance on whichever flank is weaker, total of 18 lance shots should be enough to pop anything I'll come across at 1500pts, Archon and Incubi to deal with assault units (short TH/SS termies--I'll shoot them) and a buttload of splinter shots to deal with everything else. Lacking in anti-air which concerns me, but I might have enough lance shots I can take care of them any way. I'm just not a fan of the Void Raven or Razorwing as dog fighters given their cost.

List 2 w/ Eldar allies

Archon w/ Husk Blade, Soul Trap, Shadowfield, Drugs, Phantasm Grenade Launcher - 170

Farseer w/ Guide & Runes of Warding - 90

Raider - 60

Raider - 60

9 Rangers - 171

6 Incubi - 132
Raider w/ Night Shields - 70

Ravager w/ Flicker Field and Night Shield - 125

Phoenix - 225

Eldar allies bring two really big perks, Runes of Warding to screw with psykers, and allowing me to take a Phoenix. The Phoenix gives me solid anti-air, and is also pretty phenomenal at killing most any infantry without 2+ saves. The Rangers are handy because their Precision Shots are all Ap1, and they'll have Guide or Prescience to re-roll misses. Cons to this list are a not insignificant drop in Lances and poison shots. The Phoenix and Rangers probably make up for the loss of splinter shots, but vehicles I'm not as sure about.

Thoughts and comments?

Uberbeast
10-16-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm leaning towards the first list, only I'm not a big fan of the blasterborn mounted in venoms. They are basically a lot of points in a fragile basket when you could simply run 5 strong warrior squads with a single blaster and put all those points elsewhere. Sure there are a lot of people who are still playing 5th mech, but more and more the tournament scene seems to be gearing toward max fliers and a mix of infantry and vehicles.

Splinter racks are a great upgrade for your warrior's raiders, and even though you don't seem to like them, I've been finding that my pair of razorwings have been crucial in keeping things like CronAir and vendetta spam off my back at crucial moments.

Xarplo
10-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Definitely the first list. Some changes I'd make: Drop the 5th Trueborn from each squad, as there's no need for the extra body. I also agree with Uberbeast about the splinter racks, you really should put them on you Raiders, and should be able to mostly cover that cost with the dropped Trueborn. I would also drop the Filckerfields on the Ravagers (Jink is practically just as good) and give Night Shields to your Warrior Raiders. With pre-measuring, Night Shields can be used VERY effectively by a smart player. Other than that, it looks really solid. One question, though: Why shredders? Just curious.

Archon Charybdis
10-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Since I posted this I've actually been using a different list more similar to list 1, already incorporating a few of your suggestions. I'd consider adding Splinter Racks, especially in 6th I think they'd be really handy, I'm just not sure where to find points. As far as Shredders, I just always got tired of firing my entire Warrior squad at vehicles only the Blaster would hurt, and for 5pts the Shredder can do a decent amount of damage to infantry the rest of the squad is good against. I am finding though that now in 6th, firing out at 24'' more often, it's less useful. In this list though I'm not sure what I'd do with those 15pts if I dropped them.

Archon w/ Husk Blade, Soul Trap, Shadowfield, Phantasm Grenade Launcher - 160

Raider - 60

Raider - 60

Raider - 60

4 Incubi - 88
Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons & Night Shield - 75

4 Trueborne w/ 4 Blasters - 108

4 Trueborne w/ 4 Blasters - 108

Ravager - 105

Ravager - 105

Ravager - 105

Kyban
10-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Maybe add a few upgrades on the vehicles?

Archon Charybdis
10-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Problem is all the 5pt upgrades are worthless on vehicles. I could take drugs and haywire grenades on the Archon with 15pts though.

Kyban
10-17-2012, 02:25 PM
The drugs and grenades might be good or you could buy a bigger upgrade on your lead vehicle for 10 or 15 pts.