PDA

View Full Version : WSIWYG Dark Eldar Beastmasters Riding Cold Ones?

The Sovereign
09-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi, guys. I want to convert some beastmasters to ride on cold ones, but I'm also kind of a WYSIWYG stickler (at least when it comes to my own stuff). What weapon should I give the beastmaster to best represent the skyboard's splinter pods?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Splinter Pods are closest to the Shardcarbine, only difference being Assault 2 instead of Assault 3. So, I'd say either the Shardcarbines from the Scourges kit or just a shortened Splinter Rifle.

ilan.inglis
09-25-2012, 01:20 AM
model the cold ones spitting poison!

magickbk
09-25-2012, 07:43 AM
If you have the holstered splinter rifles from the Raider kit, they would work really well, and they would look less out of place being slung to the Cold Ones with leather straps and such.

Chris*ta
09-25-2012, 02:57 PM
WYSIWYG

I do not think this word means what you think it means :rolleyes:

I don't think it's quite WYSIWIG to do a Cold One counts-as Skyboard. Just sayin'

ElectricPaladin
09-25-2012, 02:59 PM

I don't think it's quite WYSIWIG to do a Cold One counts-as Skyboard. Just sayin'

He's got a good point. You're kind of off the deep end - in a totally awesome way! - so I wouldn't worry too hard about WYSISYG at this point. Your opponent will be too busy saying "dude! You put them on Cold Ones? Awesome!" to worry about what kind of gun the rider is holding.

Chris*ta
09-25-2012, 03:04 PM
You're kind of off the deep end - in a totally awesome way!

Agreed :)

The Sovereign
09-27-2012, 03:55 AM

WYSIWYG in the sense that the weapon the beastmaster is holding should accurately represent the profile of a pair of splinter pods. In other words, it's preferable to me that my opponent understands what my unit does without me necessarily having to explain it (presuming they know the profiles for DE weapons).

I suppose I could try to model a harness with splinter pods on the cold one?

alshrive
09-27-2012, 07:18 AM
what about converting them to be almost like the krootox. with a Shardcarbine mounted on them, being manned by the rider and then any equipment he has you could have it slung on cold one in harness?

Chris*ta
09-28-2012, 05:19 AM
WYSIWYG in the sense that the weapon the beastmaster is holding should accurately represent the profile of a pair of splinter pods. In other words, it's preferable to me that my opponent understands what my unit does without me necessarily having to explain it (presuming they know the profiles for DE weapons).

I suppose I could try to model a harness with splinter pods on the cold one?

I dunno. I figure anyone who knows the DE rules that well will be able to work out it's a beastmaster ('cos it's in a unit with the beasts :rolleyes:) and then know it has to have a shardcarbine.

At this point, I'd just aim at awesomeness in conversions.

If you have the holstered splinter rifles from the Raider kit, they would work really well, and they would look less out of place being slung to the Cold Ones with leather straps and such.

I vote for the sheathed rifles too. It just makes sense if you're riding on a something. Would post WWI pic of cavalry, if I could be bothered.