PDA

View Full Version : Helllo Heretics!

Mr Mystery
09-23-2012, 12:50 PM
How do? So, back from Gamesday, with a mighty haul of booty, namely....

10 Cataphractii Terminators, with one of each weapon set
20 MkII Power Armour Assault Marines
20 Emperor's Children MkII Shoulder Pads
Angron
Horus Heresy Volume 1; Betrayal.

Yeah. Despite resisting. Despite promising myself I wouldn't. I only gone and have. I'm setting one foot in the 31st Millenium, and the water is lovely!

But who else is joining me in this venture? Surely I'm not the only one crazy/deluded/addicted enough to take the Heresy plunge? Which Legion has tickled your fancy? Will you be playing as Loyalist or Traitor? Are you going for a specific build?

Me, I'm plumping for Emperor's Children. I really, REALLY like the tragedy of this particular Legion, and I find the paint scheme both aesthetically pleasing, and mercifully straight foward (I can do Imperial Purple no problem!)

I hope to be all strict and goody two shoes with myself, and limit this force to just 2,000 points, which should give me a decent sized army without making my wallet feel violated. But never say never. I'm due my annual bonus around April, and I think it may have Forgeworld's name written on it, in bold, in my blood!

Cap'nSmurfs
09-23-2012, 12:54 PM
I suspect I'm going to find it really hard to resist when they come around to doing the XIII Legion. Especially Rowboat when they get around to him.

Psychosplodge
09-23-2012, 01:44 PM
I think I'll be collecting odds and ends as it takes my fancy, just for display pieces...

steelrudi
09-23-2012, 01:49 PM
I am waiting for Lion El' johnson, and the 1st Legion.........But am getting ready to go batcrap crazy starting next month buying FW HH products. Since I am retired, my wife said I may spend 500 USD on my hobbies to keep me appeased. I hope you plan on posting what you have purchased in the hobby section. I really want a good look at these things. Enjoy yourself.

ElectricPaladin
09-23-2012, 02:38 PM
I think I'm going to sit this one out. I can't get into everything Games Workshop puts out, or I won't have time for the games I already play. And, the Horus Heresy just doesn't thrill me as a time period to play in. It's not bad, but if most of my fellow players out here are doing 40k, how often would I get to use 30k stuff? I've got enough on my hands trying to recreate a Battlefleet Gothic community.

So, no.

But if I did, it would be either Thousand Sons or Blood Angels.

energongoodie
09-23-2012, 02:52 PM
I started a 'during heresy' Iron Hands army already using only MkV and I'm gonna mix some other Mk's in as well for some Istavaan survivors.
I am very interested in the Alpha Legion and The Night Lords.
I think the Night Lords have the potential to have some awesome models! The regular GW kit with the Mk7 heads is a little comical. I think FW could knock them out of the park with some really baroque looking stuff. The Alpha Legion are just fantastic fluff wise and I can't wait for some more info.
I thought I was gonna jump on board with the World Eaters, but I don't enjoy their colour scheme.

I shall decide when we have more books. I am afraid my wallet is in no rush.

Fear to Tread has got me very interested in Blood Angel squad as well. But I just can't do everything.

ElectricPaladin
09-23-2012, 03:04 PM
The one thing I should add is that waht does tempt me is just getting my hands on the books and then playing out some 30k games with my current army as "counts-as" 30k marines. That's a lot more affordable and probably still plenty of fun.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-23-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm joining you. :D

Kharn, 8th Captain of the World Eaters Legion, at your service. :D

DarkDesigner
09-23-2012, 05:04 PM
I would love to create a squad of each Legion with named characters from the books, starting with the traitors. I've always been a Slaanesh player, so Emperor's children would be an obvious start, although I absolutely adored the Alpha Legion fluff so they're tempting too. The Dark Angels interested me a lot more than I thought they would, as did the Raven Guard, so they may find themselves being bumped ahead of the queue. So I guess my answer is that I'll do dribs and drabs at first, working my way through the 18 til they're more or less all present.

I do have an idea that I want to try and pull off with the World Eaters though. I want to paint them perfectly in their pre-heresy colours, and then ruin the front of the model with all manner of gore and viscera until it looks like their post-heresy patterning. You can take that one to the bank.

wittdooley
09-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Ill probably get all the Primarchs, eventually.

As for Legions, it'll probably be Space Wolves for me. I'm hesitant simply because it's going to require a lot of green stuffing of pelts and such. But that's still where I think I'll head. However....I know I'll end up getting all the special characters. I have Caleb Culln for chrissakes.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Forge World don't know how they are going to do Alpharius Omegon. :p

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Oh! so jealous of that haul you got yourself!! :D I hope you'll make a project log for it and post pictures. I'm really excited to see what people do with heresy armies.

Psychosplodge
09-24-2012, 02:18 AM

Diorama of standard mk3 marines, we'll be paying for the base...

DrLove42
09-24-2012, 04:50 AM
Well looks like i'm buying the next book for Word Bearers stuff.....

If everything comes true i'm not sure i can afford a Tau launch, Eldar Launch and a FW pre Heresy army....

Next year is NOT going to be kind on my wallet

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-24-2012, 04:59 AM
Thank the gods that I don't want Tau or Eldar. :p

JamesP
09-24-2012, 05:58 AM
Diorama of standard mk3 marines, we'll be paying for the base...

Each Marine holding a banner saying 'No, I'm Alpharius'

Psychosplodge
09-24-2012, 06:01 AM
Fantastic, somebody email this thread to forgeworld lol

Chris*ta
09-24-2012, 10:05 AM

You pay 50 pound for the box, and there's a 50% chance it's empty.

No wait, is that Veteran Sergeant Schrodinger? :D

Psychosplodge
09-24-2012, 01:01 PM
No, only his pet feline...

Night System
09-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Pfft, I had a pre heresy World Eaters army before It was cool :D

Mr Mystery
09-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Right. That's quite enough faffing. As previously explained, I am fundamentally lazy and lethargic outside of a challenge.

Hands up who fancies joining me in 'A Tale of x Heretics'?????

Mr Mystery
09-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Pfft, I had a pre heresy World Eaters army before It was cool :D

Ha! SHENANIGANS!!!! It's always been cool!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-24-2012, 01:23 PM
A Tale of x Heretics you say?

Mr Mystery
09-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Yes Indeedy do......

I'm in. Thinking we should start the plog/plogs with an explanation of why that Legion, and our thoughts on our lists.....

Chris*ta
09-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes Indeedy do......

I'm in. Thinking we should start the plog/plogs with an explanation of why that Legion, and our thoughts on our lists.....

Easy.

Ultramarines. Cos the only SPESS MUHREEN more awesome than Calgar is Guilliman :p

Mr Mystery
09-24-2012, 01:40 PM
For me, Emperor's Children. I find the tragedy of them seriously compelling.

Chris*ta
09-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Easy.

Ultramarines. Cos the only SPESS MUHREEN more awesome than Calgar is Guilliman :p

I may have been joking ... not sure :confused:

miteyheroes
09-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Word Bearers <3

"God was real, and he hated us."

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-24-2012, 04:13 PM
I'll write it up on my blog Mystery. :D

Mr Mystery
09-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Bah, bum cakes!

I just can't decide between the purity of decadence and the perfection of penitence? Loyalist survivors, or heretical heroes?

JamesP
09-28-2012, 04:47 AM
Fantastic, somebody email this thread to forgeworld lol

Done. Well, I had to email them about something serious and thought, 'why not?' :)