PDA

View Full Version : So League night at my LGS

Pendragon38
09-20-2012, 10:27 PM
As It says league night this friday Pts start at 500 and move up to 3,000.

MY list at 500pts

HQ) Master of the forge at 100pts

Elites) Dred with 2 twin link Auto cannons at 125pts

Troops1) Scout squad 4 snipers and 1 with heavy bolter at 85pts

Troop2) 5 man squad of Space Marines at 90pts

Heavy) Thunder fire cannon at 100pts

so tell me what you think of my list so far

Seirin
09-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Thunderfire is, imo, too much of a liability to be worth while. A single stray bolter shot can end it, and bring easy first blood and a kill point to your opponent. I would use those points to add maybe another dreadnought, or max the size of the tactical squad to add special weapons. Would also lose the autocannons on the other dread as simply, riflemen are a grey knights prerogative - psybolt ammo makes a hell of a difference.

Would swap the heavy bolter to a missile on the scouts.

Would swap the master of the forge for a librarian with prescience, especially if using a full tactical squad.

Pendragon38
09-21-2012, 01:36 PM
I have no need of a Libby and the thunder fire cannon is worth it when you stuff it in a corner with clean shots turn after turn

Chris*ta
09-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Thunderfire is, imo, too much of a liability to be worth while. A single stray bolter shot can end it, and bring easy first blood and a kill point to your opponent.

Err, isn't the Thunderfire cannon artillery? Which means it's T7 W2. A bolter is unlkely to do much of anything against that ;)

Also, I'm a fan of the MotF, I think he's the sleeper hit of the SM HQ section in 6th. I would pay to get him a power sword though. And then he'd need a squad to back him up, so he might be hard to include in a 500 pt list.

OTOH, it's hard to include anything in a 500 pt list :D

Pendragon38
09-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Err, isn't the Thunderfire cannon artillery? Which means it's T7 W2. A bolter is unlkely to do much of anything against that ;)

Also, I'm a fan of the MotF, I think he's the sleeper hit of the SM HQ section in 6th. I would pay to get him a power sword though. And then he'd need a squad to back him up, so he might be hard to include in a 500 pt list.

OTOH, it's hard to include anything in a 500 pt list :D thanks at the end of this game I will be at 1,000 PTA so I can add more. And it doesn't matter if it's a sword or axe it's a power weapon in 6 th right.

Chris*ta
09-21-2012, 02:15 PM
thanks at the end of this game I will be at 1,000 PTA so I can add more. And it doesn't matter if it's a sword or axe it's a power weapon in 6 th right.

Quite the opposite -- whatever it's modelled as is what it is (WYSIWYG FTW ;) ) -- and, in the case of the MotF a power sword is handy because he then gets all his attacks (2 base + 1 for two CCWs + 1 for charging) at his initiative and then two hits with his Servo Harness at initiative 1.

That said, you can equip him with what you like.

Pendragon38
09-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Quite the opposite -- whatever it's modelled as is what it is (WYSIWYG FTW ;) ) -- and, in the case of the MotF a power sword is handy because he then gets all his attacks (2 base + 1 for two CCWs + 1 for charging) at his initiative and then two hits with his Servo Harness at initiative 1.

That said, you can equip him with what you like. Well I need to see if I can lose some points some whereles.but since he has a flamer on his servo harness that would help him out a lot if they charge him right.

Seirin
09-21-2012, 03:13 PM

OTOH, it's hard to include anything in a 500 pt list :D

Precision shot...and if anyone is *****y and takes a vindicare, then its even more likely.

And...are you seriously considering using a MotF as a close combat soloist? Yes sure he can hit fairly hard, but no invulnerable and 2 wounds will die quickly. Also with only I4, he'll be striking slower than a lot of infantry and simultaneously with others.

Pendragon38
09-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Precision shot...and if anyone is *****y and takes a vindicare, then its even more likely.

And...are you seriously considering using a MotF as a close combat soloist? Yes sure he can hit fairly hard, but no invulnerable and 2 wounds will die quickly. Also with only I4, he'll be striking slower than a lot of infantry and simultaneously with others. Well I played the first 3 games and lost all 3. 2 of the by not holding my objective at the end of the game. The 3 game was really close it was a tie in victory pts but he wiped me out in the last turn.

Pendragon38
10-07-2012, 07:35 AM
1000 pts list HQ)Master of the Forge with conversion beamer at 120 ptsElites)Dreadnought with 2 twin linked auto cannons at 125ptsDreadnought with twin linked auto cannons and missile launcher at 125ptsTroops)7 man scout squad with sniper rifles and heavy bolter at 110pts10 man squad of space marines with flamer and missile launcher at 170ptsFast attack)Stormtalon with twin linked las cannon and assault cannons at 150ptsHeavy)Thunder fire cannon at 100ptsThunder fire cannon at 100ptsI have won one and lost one with this list. So tell me what you think of itThanks Perry

Anggul
10-07-2012, 12:06 PM
I have no need of a Libby

You have no need of a Master of the Forge. You have one dreadnought and no other vehicles.

Pendragon38
10-07-2012, 03:19 PM
You have no need of a Master of the Forge. You have one dreadnought and no other vehicles.
1000 pts list.

Round 2

HQ).
Master of the Forge with conversion beamer at 120 pts.

Elites).
Dreadnought with 2 twin linked auto cannons at 125pts.
Dreadnought with twin linked auto cannons and missile launcher at 125pts.

Troops).
7 man scout squad with sniper rifles and heavy bolter at 110pts.
10 man squad of space marines with flamer and missile launcher at 170pts.

Fast attack).
Stormtalon with twin linked las cannon and assault cannons at 150pts.

Heavy).
Thunder fire cannon at 100pts.
Thunder fire cannon at 100pts.

Its a growing army so I need him till I finish the league. And Libby's don't fit in to my army theme at all.

Pendragon38
10-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Round 3
1500 pts list

HQ)
Master of the Forge with conversion beamer at 120 pts

Elites)
Dreadnought with 2 twin linked auto cannons at 125pts
Dreadnought with twin linked auto cannons and missile launcher at 125pts

Troops)
8 man scout squad with sniper rifles and heavy bolter at 124pts
10 man squad of space marines with flamer and missile launcher at 170pts

Fast attack)
Stormtalon with twin linked las cannon and assault cannons at 150pts
Stormtalon with twin linked las cannon and missile launcher at 155pts
Heavy)
Thunder fire cannon at 100pts

Fortifications
Agies defense line with quad gun at 100pts

Tell me what you all think so far.
Thanks Perry

Pendragon38
11-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Round 4
So here's my list:
2000 pts list

HQ)
Master of the Forge with conversion beamer at 120 pts

Elites)

Dreadnought with twin linked auto cannons and missile launcher at 125pts

Troops)
8 man scout squad with sniper rifles and heavy bolter at 124pts

10 man squad of space marines with flamer and missile launcher at 170pts

10 man squad of space marines with flamer and las cannon with a razorback with twin linked las cannons at 255pts

10 man squad of space marines with flamer and missile launcher with a razorback with twin linked las cannons at 245pts

Fast attack)
Stormtalon with twin linked las cannon and assault cannons at 150pts

Stormtalon with twin linked las cannon and missile launcher at 155pts

Heavy)

Fortifications
Agies defense line with quad gun at 100pts

This is the last round for are escalation league and then the mega battle to finish it off.
So what do you think of my list, it's done good for me so far. But I would like some C/C from the loungers on here for more input.
Thanks Perry

Aegwymourn
11-02-2012, 09:32 AM
The only things I would be worried about are maybe a Draigo Deathstar (since I dont see much to pierce TDA), Chaos Demons (new rules for them are ouchies for everyone), maybe a drop-pod/descent of angels list. If you can keep your opponents at arms length you have quite a lot of dakka to go around. Perhaps if someone runs a large amount of AV14 I dont know if you'd be able to deal with a wall of it.

Chris*ta
11-15-2012, 11:25 AM
The only things I would be worried about are maybe a Draigo Deathstar (since I dont see much to pierce TDA),

Why such hate? I think he's a good mod!

Pendragon38
11-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Why such hate? I think he's a good mod!

I've played a Draigo Deathstar player and won it took every thing I had but I stopped him.

Chris*ta
11-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Joke. Head. Over.

TDA = Tzeentch's Dark Agent.

Pendragon38
11-15-2012, 12:14 PM
HA got it, didnt read the whole thing just glanced it lol

deed116
11-20-2012, 01:33 PM
the dread needs an assult cannon or plasma cannon and a power fist. I'm sorry but autocanons are not all that great in the SM codex :/