PDA

View Full Version : Wraithseer

Lost Vyper
09-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Has anyone tested the Wraithseer? If so, which other Wraith-unit did you play it with? Is it worth the points? Seems quite expensive, but awesome stats!

eldargal
09-20-2012, 06:13 AM
Wraithseers are great. A wraithlord that provides wraithsight and gives FNP and other nifty things to other wraith units? Just lovely.

DrLove42
09-20-2012, 06:26 AM
And not just FNP

A 4 up FNP that can only be ignored by ID attacks (which on a Wraithlord means S 16), an Invulnerable save, an extra wound and AP1 against Vehicles?

His only downside is he has to take another HQ choice and a unit of Wraithguard. It ups the cost a little bit.

Just in case it wasn't clear...I love mine. Yes hes failed JotWW (pass on anything but a 6...oh wait) more times than everything else in my army put together and has a nasty tendency to wound himself with his D Cannon (including IDing himself on turn 1 once) but i haven't played a game since he came out without him.

eldargal
09-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Bahahaha! That's so funny, I actually loled.:)

...nasty tendency to wound himself with his D Cannon (including IDing himself on turn 1 once) but i haven't played a game since he came out without him.

DrLove42
09-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Yes I can laugh at it now. Then it wasn't so funny. I ahd the choice of shooting first then assault or just assault.

I chose to shoot first to make sure I wounded the enemy enough to kill them in 2 rounds of combat.

Bad mistake....the unit i therefore didn't kill proceeded to kill half my army...

imperialpower
09-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Bought one to use with my Wraithlords and it has always been worth the points to field it in my army.

Archon Charybdis
09-20-2012, 10:37 AM
They're fantastic, but they do require you to basically build your army around them by taking Wraith units. They're loads of fun though, and a really great looking model.