PDA

View Full Version : Dakka Dakka Wolves 2000pts

B-rock
09-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Rune priest- Runic Armour =120

Wolf Lord- Runic Armour, Frost Axe, Storm Shield, Saga of the Bear =210

Wolf guard in terminator Armour(4) 2x Wolf Claw and Storm shield 2x Wolf Claw and Wolf Claw=452
Land Raider Redeemer

Grey Hunters(10) 2x Meltagun, Power Sword =210
Rhino- razor blade

Rhino- razor blade

Rhino- razor blade

Long Fangs(6) 5x Heavy bolters =115

Total= 1997

The rune priest take divination psychic powers and default at least one to get re-roll to hit. The rhinos and land raider run a screen to put pressure on the enemy other than just the Heavy Bolters. I have done well with this list against a vanilla marine and chaos marine list. I played orks and did OK but the initiative being stole killed the advantage of shooting before they could get to me.

Comment please, I need competitive opinions!

Denzark
09-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Lacks anti armour and Anti Air. If their armour can kill you at range (medusas etc) you have to send your scoring to kill armour with their melta tather than hold objectives.

B-rock
09-19-2012, 07:37 AM
how would you hold keep the heavy bolters and cover the anti-armour and anti-air i need? allies is the only thing i can get for anti-air!

Vashtek
09-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Firstly, I'm pretty sure that the list is illegal. I don't think that any space wolf character can have the same equipment, so you need to vary your rune priests a bit by distributing melta bombs and the like.

Secondly, why do you have 3 rune priests? If I offered you a 235 point squad which had 5 heavy bolters which rerolled misses, you'd say no thanks. If I were you I'd ditch the 2 extra rune priests for more troops. If you want a truly dakka wolf army, I'd also ditch the redeemer with wolf guard. There are so many ways to take out a land raider nowadays, and you don't have many ways to stop them. You then have a bunch of points to spend on things like swiftclaws, wolfguard, dreadnoughts, defence lines and more grey hunters to improve your anti tank and anti air capabilities. Simply having a huge amount of grey hunters works against a lot of lists, including flyer lists.

Thirdly, you really really want to have wolf standards in grey hunter units. They are amazing value for 10 points.

Seirin
09-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Firstly, vashtek is right about the list being illegal by the 'leaders of the pack' rules.

I would also lose the wolf guard and redeemer. Replace with something like...5 wolf guard. 1 with cyclone missile, 2 with terminator armour/storm shield, 1 with chainfist/combi-melta and 1 with hammer/shield and melta bomb. the shooty guard play pack leader for the long fangs and tank shots (storm shield is optional but for the cyclone I'd recommend it...saves you from dying to stray lascannons). The remaining 2 guard take a drop pod and snipe armour. Saves you points and boosts your survivabilty on some key units.

On the point of long fangs; why heavy bolters? You're basically taking one of the best anti-armour units in the game and wasting them. Missiles - get them. With a cyclone wolf guard leader you can get 7 missiles a turn which really rocks.

Another grey hunter unit should be a must, though you'll get more from putting priests in grey hunter units (though a priest in the cyclone guard unit can be rewarding with prescience). Barring the cyclone unit, use codex powers. Living lightning rocks.

Lose the power weapons in GH units. Get a wolf standard and give a model mark of the wolfren.

You could also consider putting the wolf lord on a thunder wolf, swapping to thunder hammer (or at least power fist) and run around smacking stuff. A wolf retinue can be good, or at least 2 pet wolves. Also, wolf tooth necklace/wolf talisman are basically must haves. 100% hitting on 3+ and an ok chance to negate psychic powers is too good the the cost.