PDA

View Full Version : Games Day UK 2012 Figure, free or not ?

Crimson Fist
09-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi, New to Bols, but not Warhammer. In the 27 years i've been collecting Warhammer i've only once been to Games Day way back in the late 80s early 90s, it was so long ago I can't even remember.

I saw this years Games Day Figure and thought perhaps it was time I checked it out again. I've long been disillusioned with Games Workshop being a collector over the years seeing the changes in both materials i.e metal to plastic to resin and the astronomical rise in prices over the years.

I was always under the impression that the Games Day Figure was free, the price being incorporated into the price of the ticket, however, today mere days before Games Day I've heard rumor that the figure isn't free, instead your have to buy it for £12 ??????

Can anyone confirm this for me please, as if this is true it's a massive kick in the teeth, I only wanted to have a wander around the event, have a look at any new releases, maybe part with some money, get my free figure and head home.

So can anyone shed any light on this for me please ?

thomas40kfanboy
09-17-2012, 02:04 PM
its hardly a rumour, it was announced back in may when the tickets went on sale.
its (so they claim) that people can buy more than a single model, which use to be the case (you use to get your model with your ticket)
but i also think this is due to Finecast, and so that people can swap their models if they have any issue with them there and then.

personally don't care as i don't play blood angels and am only going for the FW and BL heresy stuff.

Mrchilidog
09-17-2012, 04:42 PM
The figure wasn't free at Games Day 2012 in Chicago. They had a billion of them for sale. I don't recall the price, maybe 25$?

Gir
09-17-2012, 06:31 PM
It was free in Australia, and you could buy extras. Being the only Blood Angels player in my group, I now own 8.

MarneusCalgar
09-17-2012, 07:19 PM
It was free in Australia, and you could buy extras. Being the only Blood Angels player in my group, I now own 8.

Same here in Games Day Spain... It was free with the ticket, and inside the event you could also buy more models at 18 euros each

eldargal
09-17-2012, 10:33 PM
I think this is silly, getting one free with the ticket was always one of the nice things about Games Day.

Chris*ta
09-18-2012, 01:20 AM

Huh. If I'd known that, I might've bought a spare. Well advertised GW!

Wolfshade
09-18-2012, 01:39 AM

I am 8x jealous