PDA

View Full Version : Heresy themed HQ.

Deadlift
09-17-2012, 08:58 AM
So not really that jazzed about chaos being next, but the Forge world HH treatment and pics has be thinking.
If you were to build an authentic heresy army what would you choose as an HQ. I initially thought Libby but then realised that the Emperor had outlawed the use of psykers during the beginning of the HH. I am thinking loyalist here. So to keep competative (ish) what are the alternatives. Looking mainly at vanilla and blood angels.

fuzzbuket
09-17-2012, 09:13 AM
captains. chaplins if your word bearers, libbiys if your TS and possibly MoTF for IH and IW

OrksOrksOrks
09-17-2012, 09:58 AM
So not really that jazzed about chaos being next, but the Forge world HH treatment and pics has be thinking.
If you were to build an authentic heresy army what would you choose as an HQ. I initially thought Libby but then realised that the Emperor had outlawed the use of psykers during the beginning of the HH. I am thinking loyalist here. So to keep competative (ish) what are the alternatives. Looking mainly at vanilla and blood angels.

It should probably be a Company Captain, they were the main leaders of Space Marine Legions, but then, Company Captains were more on a level of a Chapter Master in responsibility, being responsible for a lot more Astartes than the current Company Captains, for smaller battles it seems, overall command was given to experinced Sergeants within a squad, which would be difficult to represent currently, who knows what the HH rule books will give us

Anggul
09-17-2012, 11:21 AM
As the others said, Captains would be the ones.

I wouldn't use the Blood Angels codex, not even for Blood Angels. The Red Thirst would, of course, not exist yet, as it only came about at the end of the Heresy when Sanguinius was slain. This would also mean that Death Company wouldn't exist, and they wouldn't have Fast vehicles as the STC wasn't found until later. I imagine Sanguinary Guard etc. didn't exist back then either, but I don't know that for sure.

Deadlift
09-17-2012, 11:45 AM
As the others said, Captains would be the ones.

I wouldn't use the Blood Angels codex, not even for Blood Angels. The Red Thirst would, of course, not exist yet, as it only came about at the end of the Heresy when Sanguinius was slain. This would also mean that Death Company wouldn't exist, and they wouldn't have Fast vehicles as the STC wasn't found until later. I imagine Sanguinary Guard etc. didn't exist back then either, but I don't know that for sure.

Possible spoiler, don't look down.

Sanguinary guard are in the newest HH book. But I see your point about everything else.

There is also a reference to a rage inflicted marine too. Which is as far as I can see so far integral to the story.

Hurons_Champion
09-18-2012, 04:47 AM
I like the others recommend the use of a Captain for your authentic back story. As through out the heresy the legions operated differently (the new FW HH book shows that) but i like to give my Characters fancy title like Master of the Fleet or First-Captain. But again that is very legion specific.