PDA

View Full Version : 2000 today!

Wildeybeast
09-15-2012, 04:07 AM
So, in a rare moment of forward thinking, I've managed to save post number 2000 until today, which just so happens to be the 29th anniversary of me being dragged into this world. I was going to do a quiz, but I couldn't think of a good topic. So instead I've decided to a birthday themed post for number 2000. So my question is this - what interesting things have happened on your birthday? It could be something personal, or more general. For example, the 15th of September is Battle of Britain day, the day the N*zis enacted the Nuremberg laws and the birthday of the third in line to the throne. So what happened on your birthdays?

DrLove42
09-15-2012, 05:29 AM
Happy Birthday!

I spent my 19th birthday on the highest glacier kn Austria on a school trip

My BDay is the 4th July. So all the Americans get drunk and celebrate me

SotonShades
09-15-2012, 07:12 AM
On my 18th, my Dad managed to destroy all four of the ligaments in his left knee in a skiing accident (trying to do the right thing, snow ploughing to a stop on a slight incline path between the piests.)

On the day before my 19th birthday, I managed to do some serious damage to the ligaments in my left knee in a skiing accident (trying to do the right thing and not turn into a girl who had just fallen over in front of me. Once she had finally stopped I had a split second decision to turn right or go straight on, both of which would have resulted in my going full speed off a cliff to near certain death, or turning left into what I though was empty space but turned out to be a moving black snow mobile...)

On my 21st birthday we went Go-Karting, one of the girls managed to do some serious damage to her hand when she went too fast down the down ramp from the bridge and managed to go under the tyre wall which then trapped her fingers onto the steering wheel.

So who wants to do something for my 25th later this year?

DrLove42
09-15-2012, 07:27 AM
If it helps Shades, I had a good time at your 21st :P

Psychosplodge
09-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Happy B'day

On my 21st I remember drinking shots of high proof rum in weatherspoons and then I remember nothing till leaving the club post 2:30ish, but I never suffered the expected hangove, Yay.

On my 22nd I caught my then GF making out with someone else, so that was a good one.

kinda stopped celebrating them about 25, too much effort ^_^

Deadlift
09-15-2012, 08:01 AM
My Birthday is September 11th.

Enough said really lol, to top it off this year I also had a lovely bout of deli belly, Being the stoic man I am agreed to going out for an Indian. I shat water for 2 days.

Psychosplodge
09-15-2012, 08:02 AM
I think you've got me beat in miserable birthday experiences lol

Wildeybeast
09-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Some great birthday stories there guys. I really want to spend a birthday with Psycho now, just to see what happens.

Night System
09-16-2012, 02:10 PM
March 3rd. My last birthday me and around 20 friends booked out a local laser tag venue for the night. Just us and my music blasting out the intercom :)

Then we went drinking afterwards in a cheese bar. Oh the joys of debating which of the girls in the vicinity are old enough to be your mother :D

Psychosplodge
09-17-2012, 02:04 AM
Some great birthday stories there guys. I really want to spend a birthday with Psycho now, just to see what happens.

Nothing happens anymore, I stay in and watch tv :D

Though Soton's sound potentially letahl...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Happy Birthday Wildey!! :D

Yey! We're both Septembers!

Wildeybeast
09-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Nothing happens anymore, I stay in and watch tv :D

Though Soton's sound potentially letahl...

I actually meant Soton's. I was rather hungover when I wrote that, so wrong name.

Psychosplodge
09-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Yeah I was confused as his looked far more exciting, if dangerous too...