PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar FAQ

dmcgr19800
09-13-2012, 05:14 PM
FAQ;“Aerial Assault: Due to the largely open construction of its decks
and the sophisticated targeting matrices used by its crew, a
Ravager that moved at cruising speed may fire all of its weapons
using its crew’s full Ballistic Skill.”

Hard to hit page 81; This means to me that if I move my ravager at cruising speed I get to fire all my weapons at full BS. Hard to hit reads shots resolved at a zooming flyer can only be resolved as snap shots.

Snap shots page 13; If a model is forced to make snap shots rather than shoot normally, then its ballistic skill is counted as being 1 for the purpose of those shots.

The codex trumps rule book. FAQ is amendment to codex.

I would like to add that the codex from dark eldar on was written with sixth edition in mind.

So in my mind this means that I can shoot ( as long as I moved at cruising speed ), using the crew's full BS.

Nabterayl
09-13-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure if there is a question here. Are you asking for feedback on the notion that a Ravager that moved at cruising speed can shoot at a zooming flyer at its full Ballistic Skill on the basis of Aerial Assault?

Capt Forsythe
09-13-2012, 05:30 PM

Hard to hit page 81; This means to me that if I move my ravager at cruising speed I get to fire all my weapons at full BS. Hard to hit reads shots resolved at a zooming flyer can only be resolved as snap shots.

Snap shots page 13; If a model is forced to make snap shots rather than shoot normally, then its ballistic skill is counted as being 1 for the purpose of those shots.

I would like to add that the codex from dark eldar on was written with sixth edition in mind.

So in my mind this means that I can shoot ( as long as I moved at cruising speed ), using the crew's full BS.

A Ravager is a fast skimmer, not a flyer.

The FAQ removed the Aerial Assault rules from our Razorwing Fighter and Voidraven Bomber and replaced it with the Flyer rules from the main book.

dmcgr19800
09-13-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure if there is a question here. Are you asking for feedback on the notion that a Ravager that moved at cruising speed can shoot at a zooming flyer at its full Ballistic Skill on the basis of Aerial Assault?

I am.

Nabterayl
09-13-2012, 07:10 PM
In that case I think you have an overbroad idea of what page 7 means when it says "conflict." Recall that the FAQ has recently stated that even if your codex has a shooting attack that automatically hits models, it doesn't automatically hit zooming flyers. How can this be? The only explanation is that a codex vs. rulebook "conflict" must be more specific than that. "This weapon hits all models within X" automatically" is, evidently, not a "conflict" with "Only Snap Shots can hit zooming flyers." It follows a fortiori that "This model can shoot using its full BS" is not a "conflict" either.

SeattleDV8
09-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Also BRB FAQ
Q: Can the BS1 of a Snap Shot ever be modified by special rules that
modify the BS of a model’s Shooting attack (such as Tau
markerlights, Space Marine Signums or Sergeant Telion’s Voice of
Experience)? (p13)
A: No.
Has pretty much disallowed any modifier to Snap Shot.

Kawauso
09-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Also BRB FAQ
Has pretty much disallowed any modifier to Snap Shot.

This. I would not be too thrilled if an opponent claimed their Ravager got to fire to full effect against flyers.

I mean yes, flyers are unbalanced, but they're unbalanced for -everyone- right now. At least DE have flyers of their own to use as anti-air. That's more than a lot of armies can say right now.

incenerate101
09-13-2012, 10:18 PM

I do not see a question here because like he already said Rulebook < Codex < FAQ

In the DE codex it says that moving a Ravager at cruising speed you can shoot all its weapons at normal BS.

Dark Lances can snap shot so yes they can hit zooming fliers.

The ravager can fire all of its weapons at normal BS due to the Aerial Assault Special Rule.

And the Ravager does not automatically hit so it can still target zooming Fliers.

Pretty cut and dry to me.

Houghten
09-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Going by your interpretation, a Ravager which had remained stationary would hit a flyer on 6s, while a Ravager that had moved 12" would hit a flyer on 3s.

Which is moronic.

It's clear enough that the purpose of Aerial Assault is to allow you to ignore the penalties for moving, not to magically gain Skyfire.

eldargal
09-13-2012, 11:45 PM
What Houghton said. Aerial Assault lets the Ravager fire all three of its weapons after moving at cruising speed at full BS rather than having to make two snap shots. It's a great ability. When firing at a flyer it's hard to hit rule comes into effect and requires that shots targetting it be snap shots unless they have the skyfire rule.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Yep. Guys, get this into your heads...

The Hard to Hit rules applies after ALL OTHER MODIFIERS, there are no exceptions, and the ONLY way to get around it is the Skyfire rule.

Tired of people trying to incorrectly interpret the rules to their benefit, thread closed.