PDA

View Full Version : What is Erebus up to?

Grotzooka
10-04-2009, 08:58 PM
So, Erebus has played a major part in starting the Heresy. He has corrupted Horus and now acts as his go-between with the warp, which he seems to know alot about. But he has constantly reassured Horus that the warp is at his command and that Horus will become the lord of the Imperium and the Warp. My question is, is Erebus knowingly lying about the warp? Does he know that you cannot control it? Is he trying to set Horus and the traitors up to become slaves of the warp, or is he really stupid as well as evil?

Psychosplodge
10-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Stupid and naive...

rsheridan5
10-05-2009, 05:21 PM
It seems to me that Erebus was being used in a pretty big way by the forces of chaos. Of course he is a big wig in the first legion to be corrupted; he Word Bearers. That legion was completely corrupted because the Primarch went nuts over the Emporer's "don't worship me bit... He wrote the Book of Lorgar, and all of his legion went along.
That gave the temptations of Chaos a willing place to land and hatch the plan they had for humanity all along.
In short his primarch was stupid, he followed suit, and evil ensued.

firestorm
10-06-2009, 03:51 AM
I'm hoping he gets bumped off in a very slow and painful manner towards the end of the Horus Heresy series.

It's one of the things which, for me, almost entirely ruins the series (aside from the BL's completely generic, repetitive template for every single HH book...): from the way it's portrayed in the first few books, the whole entire Heresy is ultimately due to one stupid Word Bearer.

Epic Fail, BL, Epic, Epic Fail... :(

Melissia
10-06-2009, 06:32 AM
According to my Dark Heresy group, he's up to getting his *** blown sky high by a delinquent Sororitas, a hellhound squadron chaplain, a psyker, and a pyromaniac guardsman.

I think we did a good job, too, half the mansion was instantly vaporised. He probably lived though, damn plot armor. *mutters about the GM*

Grotzooka
10-06-2009, 08:40 AM
According to my Dark Heresy group, he's up to getting his *** blown sky high by a delinquent Sororitas, a hellhound squadron chaplain, a psyker, and a pyromaniac guardsman.

I think we did a good job, too, half the mansion was instantly vaporised. He probably lived though, damn plot armor. *mutters about the GM*

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice...

Herald of Nurgle
10-10-2009, 09:18 AM

But that would require someone with some tactical genius... CREEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!