PDA

View Full Version : World Wide Campaign

Javin
09-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Hello everyone. I do not want to start any site wars but DakkaDakka has started something very cool and I think us BOLS folks may want to join in. They are starting up a campaign from the old school system the the Medusa V and Black Crusade campaigns. Whole systems will be involved. Order VS Disorder with neutral folks (Tau, Necrons, Nids) able to play the spoiler. System forces are being drawn up and other 40K game systems are involved like BFG.

This looks very fun and shows what we, the gamers, can do if we work together!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/469742.page

Chris*ta
09-13-2012, 06:30 AM
I dunno. I'm not a fan of the mathematical % control for each planet from Black Crusade.

Also, people on Dakka dakka smell. Scientific fact.

gazelgog
09-13-2012, 06:41 AM
wow I thought MAYBE just MABE BoLS woulndt have people who hated dakka dakka. I would Just like to pointout that all of best conversions are on dakka I have never once been linked to bols.

Chris*ta
09-13-2012, 07:16 AM
wow I thought MAYBE just MABE BoLS woulndt have people who hated dakka dakka. I would Just like to pointout that all of best conversions are on dakka I have never once been linked to bols.

1) I was obviously joking.

2) If all the best conversations are on Dakka Dakka, shouldn't you stay there? ;)

I'm not bothered with Dakka, I find I get everything I need on BoLS, plus you see almost no rudeness.

rbgm01
09-13-2012, 10:46 AM
1) I was obviously joking.

2) If all the best conversations are on Dakka Dakka, shouldn't you stay there? ;)

I'm not bothered with Dakka, I find I get everything I need on BoLS, plus you see almost no rudeness.

I think its a fun thing to do, something diferent even if it old , plaus is simple enough

Javin
09-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Sad to see such responses. I had hoped for those of us who like games that can affect the 'bigger' picture.

I am a big fan of campaigns. I like to know my kill team game can effect an Apoc game. I hope like minded individuals join in.

Mr Mystery
09-16-2012, 01:46 PM
I love campaigns too. But sadly I'm banned from Dakka. Their self appointed elite didn't like me disagreeing with them....

Night System
09-16-2012, 02:14 PM
This wouldn't be the first time an online community has tried to replicate a gw style summer campaign. I have yet to see one work so I'm interested to see if dakka pulls it off. Otherwise, don't care. Personally I prefere a more intimate campaign between oneself and 3-5 other players, possibly with aid of a campaign book. I miss all the supplements BoLS used to make.

Uberbeast
09-17-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm not a big fan of simple win # campaigns, even if you do toss in fluff to tell a story. These sort of things usually end up going in the favor of more popular armies/sides, and it looks like "order" is already in the lead.

L192837465
09-17-2012, 12:01 PM
I love the idea of the campaign, but something like what happened to the last one GW ran (when Tau increased their territory by some 600%) because you can game the rules is annoying. It would be fun, especially if someone made a separate forum (or subforum) so people could get in character and post reports and stuff. That was by far one of the coolest things, especially when through role-playing an imperial army (and several under his order) betrayed imperial forces because of a grudge and accusations made in discussions on the boards.

That would be cool. However, I don't think it'll work without full support of LGS's or the gamer community as a whole.

Col.Gravis
09-18-2012, 03:06 AM
I love the idea of the campaign, but something like what happened to the last one GW ran (when Tau increased their territory by some 600%) because you can game the rules is annoying.

Agreed, a narative based campaign run by a campaign master is always best IMHO.

Javin
09-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Order and disorder have separate boards complete with RP threads. I am interested on how this turns out which is why I am involved in it.

The Tau are very numerous, surprisingly so.

L192837465
09-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Order and disorder have separate boards complete with RP threads. I am interested on how this turns out which is why I am involved in it.

The Tau are very numerous, surprisingly so.

They aren't "numerous" per say, especially in a fluff/background context. That's why their expansion was so disproportionate with their army size/population size. They mowed over everything, and a lot of Tau players played against Tau... since it was a neutral faction. No matter who wins, Tau expanded.

Interested to see how this goes!

DF3CT
09-22-2012, 01:03 PM
And people will take it seriously and find ways to cheat their side to victory.

It's inevitable.