PDA

View Full Version : 1750 SoB army list

doom-kitten
09-13-2012, 03:57 AM
Uh so trying a new thing for me here, an infantry based list. GASP!!! I'm not to sure about it but hey don't knock it til you try it I guess.

Saint Celestine...115pts

10 Seraphim, Superior w/ Plasma Pistol & Powersword, 2 sets of Handflamers...220pts

15 Battle Sisters, Superior w/Combi-Flamer, 2 Stormbolters, Imagifer...221pts

15 Battle Sisters, Flamer, Meltagun, Superior w/ Plasma Pistol & CCW, Imagifer...235pts
Immolator, TwL H. Bolter w/ Inferno Bolts, HKM...75pts

15 Battle Sisters, Flamer, Meltagun, Superior w/ Plasma Pistol & CCW, Imagifer...235pts
Immolator, TwL H. Bolter w/ Inferno Bolts, HKM...75pts

10 Retributors, 4 H.Bolters, Imagifer...165pts
Aegis Defense Line w/ Quad Gun...100pts

Exorcist...135pts

Exorcist...135pts

The idea is to advance pouring 45 sisters worth of bolter rounds down range, with the Retributors providing some heavier firepower from a secure position, the Quad obviously is meant to counter air and deepstrike, while the Exorcists focus on enemy armour and nasty things like terminators. The Seraphim will act as a mop up squad an or a quick response unit to an unexpected enemy unit. I've already started painting, I know GASP!!!

Any thoughts? Criticism?

Elfy
09-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Have you had a chance to try this out yet? How did the SoB weather the fire as they crossed the field without their rides?

Iyandagar
09-16-2012, 10:30 AM
I like. I run Sisters too, though I tend to partner them up with either my burgeoning Dark Angel force or my Eldar mob. Handy against pesky Space Wolves and Jaws of the World Wolf, Eldrad scares the Rune Priest quiet. The strength in the Sisters is the massed fire they can put out. I run two Exorcists too, love the carnage they can put out there. I like your list, it resembles the lists I tend to throw out.

doom-kitten
09-16-2012, 03:29 PM
I haven't tested it yet and am still looking at changes, thinking of trying to squeeze Jacobus into the army to give the Stormbolter squad some FnP and allow me to reroll my faith total. The Exorcists are pretty much a key unit, I've yet to face something they can't kill and have had numerous games won by a single salvo. I want to do allies but am very iffy on it, I'm leaning towards guard for some long range firepower but I'm not willing to drop anything from the list and my gaming group only plays in the 1750-2000 range.

WarHammerman
09-17-2012, 06:22 AM
I like where your head is at. I got 2500 points of sisters myself, and I love to play them.
The only thing is I'd cut the Retributers down to two squads of 5 and give them both heavy bolers- more shots, more try for rending.

I love Celestine + Celestians, very good.

I run my sisters in 10's + tank (largely to get them across the field quickly). Get those bolters / meltas / flamers into range. - but I see where you're going and its not a bad place.

One other thing you may wanna consider is a personal favorite of mine:
Dominion Squad: 2 Meltas (+SI), Superior w/ combi-melta + Meltabombs in an Immolator w/ twin-linked multi-meltas.
This gets the scout move, moves fast and can really really hurt anything it comes across - especially tanks.
Its cheesy, and good - (and 210 points)

Just food for thought.
- Hammerman

doom-kitten
09-17-2012, 10:00 PM
I used to use the Dominions with my armoured list and their probably the best unit in the army but at the points value my gaming community plays at it's hard to get all the candy in one list and the majority of them play foot and have limited options for tanks thus making melta to point costly. Also the Exorcists have always served me better when 2+ armour needs killing or a monstrous creature pokes it's head out and they are much cheaper, I can't cut the Retributors as I'll risk losing an Exorcist and I have considered putting my Melta/Flamer squads in Rhinos after reducing them to 10 to regain some points but them this takes away the point of trying to go foot XD.

If my first couple of games fail I'll probably revert back to my tanks, or when I get sad and tired of moving lots of troops which will likely happen fast.

doom-kitten
10-03-2012, 01:49 PM
So embarrassing update, it turns out I'm two bolter sisters short for this list...epic fail. I guess it's back to the drawing board on this one, I'm fairly sure I can make up numbers by reducing the Retributor squad to 8 and drawing the two required ladies from there, as the list is already 39 points shy of 1750, this will add another 24 points, giving me 53 points to play with.

I have a game coming up tomorrow for 2000 so this list will form the skeleton with a few units mixed in, I'm thinking 3 Crusaders, 6 Deathcult and Jacobus to start, maybe a third Immolator with Flamers. I'm likely gonna be facing Space Wolves as I've already played his DE and won (close call). I'd throw in Dominions but as already noted I have a shortage of basic sisters XD, I could have sworn I had 50 of the broads XD. I do have access to marines and I'm itching to drop a unit of termies in a games but I am limited on what i have marine wise, roughly 15 tactical, 5 scouts, 10 jump marines and 5 termies, heroes are a jump chaplain, termie chaplain and kayvan Shrike.

Anggul
10-07-2012, 12:23 PM
I would drop the flamers for a second meltagun in those two squads of sisters. You already have so much anti-infantry that it would be better to have more weapons that can deal with heavy vehicles. The list generally lacks anti-tank other than the Exorcists, which while awesome probably won't do the job against AV14.

I'm going to go ahead and say it, you're probably going to get blasted down unless you're up against a very low-firepower army. Dropping the two melta squads to 10, putting them in rhinos, then using the points saved for another foot squad would probably work out safer. Also the new rapid-fire rules make storm bolters a bit pointless, you're paying points for only a couple more shots at full range.

ElectricPaladin
10-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Sisters are T3, 3+ save, right? You probably want rides for them. Given how common plasma and other ap2 is - and plasma, especially, will become a lot more common now - you need to keep your sisters safe. You can't count on your 3+ save to protect you anymore. Marines, with their T4, are a little safer, statistically, if they chose to march across the field. Sisters? Not so much.

doom-kitten
10-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Hum, well I got a chance to play this list but needed to add another 250, I just tossed in Jacobus and 10 Repentia. The game was against Chaos Space Marines in their new guise and while I won I did notice a number of things mentioned above, the lack of anti-tank made it difficult to deal with a pair of "Mauler Fiends", I think thats what their called, these *******s came at me turn one and were in my face with a run move. Deployment had my melta's seperated and the Exorcists were trying to go for a Forge beast hiding in the corner, luck had it that the Repentia were immediately in front of the maulers and turned them to scrap metal. I didn't consider the stormbolter as I hadn't known about the new bolter rules at the time, must have glazed it over, I had assumed they worked as they did in ED 5.

I already plan to revise this list, including more melta and I'm going to squeeze in a Dominion squad to outflank as that Forge Beast was a serious pain to kill, cowardly demon engine, my biggest problem was the terminators that took every AP 2 and Exorcist missile I had to kill but not after wasting every shot on them. Rhinos are going back in and I'll probably exchange the larger units stormbolters with flamers and change out the superiors powersword with a combi-flamer as powerswords are kinda useless in a basic sister squad.

Overall the game was a victory for me and a pretty devastating loss for Chaos, would have been worse is I had of moved back after his second turn charge fails but thats all hindsight and I had made a few errors with my Quad gun as it could have opened fire on his dragon thing when it first arrived but I had thought it can only fire if the target deepstrikes...my bad. I'll post a rewritten list once I have made up all the changes and on a final note my army is all based counted, a shocker, and I hope to begin painting tomorrow. (seven years in the making).

Oh and I made a ridiculous number of FNP and Shield of Faith rules in this game, once again the Repentia down to four models were swarmed by 20 cultists and only lost 2 models and were then saved by a sister squad. Unit of the game was definitley the Repentia.

doom-kitten
10-10-2012, 06:41 PM
So I revised my list and pretty much left the majority of foot troops out, the rhinos are back and I have managed to squeeze in a bit more anti-tank. Saves for Sisters are only at a 3+ but I do have the unique advantage of 6++ on everything in the army including armour. I hops this list works much better despite the previous one working very effectively in it's premiere game. Only issue I have is the two SCs I don't like doing this but as the rest of my HQ choices are pretty useless or expensive to field effectively so I chose not to try.

HQ

Saint Celestine... 115pts

Uriah Jacobus... 90pts

Troops

10 Battle Sisters, 2 Meltaguns, Simulacrum, Superior w/ Plasma Pistol... 180pts
Rhino, Hunter-Killer Missile... 45pts

10 Battle Sisters, 2 Meltaguns, Simulacrum, Superior w/ Plasma Pistol... 180pts
Rhino, Hunter-Killer Missile... 45pts

15 Battle Sisters, 2 Flamers, Simulacrum, Superior w/ Combi-Flamer... 215pts

Fast Attack

10 Seraphim, 2 sets Hand Flamer, Superior w/ Plasma Pistol and Powersword... 220pts

5 Dominions, 2 Meltaguns, Simulacrum... 110pts
Immolator, TwL Multi-Melta... 80pts

Heavy Support

6 Retributors, 4 H. Bolters, Simulacrum... 117pts
Aegis Defence Line w/ Quad Gun... 100pts

Exorcist... 135pts

Exorcist... 135pts

I'm not 100% on this list and a little disappointed my only AA option is the quad gun or an Icarius Lascannon, I'd prefer to mount the Retributors and load them with H.Flamers I haven't gotten a chance to try this yet and am curious if anyone has found it useful, and if anyone has any units to suggest of tactic to try I'm more then willing to give them a shot.