PDA

View Full Version : Tau combat patrol

albertsevil
09-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Hey all.

I have a few combat patrol 400 point games coming up and wish to take my Tau. Usual combat patrol rules apply - no 2+ saves, only 2 wounds, no HQ needed, no vehicle of 34+ combined armour. Forgeworld is allowed.

I could use your help in filling the last 91 points available.

So far:
XV8 Crisis suit x 1 - twin-missile pod, flamer
XV8 Crisis suit x 1 - twin-missile pod, flamer
Firewarriors x 8
Firewarriors x 8
Tetra - targeting array

Shall I fill the last 91 points with kroot (10 kroot + 3 hounds), firewarriors (9), another XV8 crisis suit, XV15 Stealth Suits (3)? Ay other suggestions?

Thanks! Good gaming.

gcsmith
09-12-2012, 01:49 PM
What purpose are your Crisis suits fulfilling?

albertsevil
09-12-2012, 02:16 PM
I am hoping the missile pods can take out any light armour I may come up against - rhinos etc. Then on to shooting squads. The flamer is only there to give them a little extra defence in overwatch and to fill the 3rd hard point. They are cheap and usually effective, and will try and stay at range all game.

I don't think I really need any more suits in the list through. Probably need more boots on the ground, or Stealth suits to take advantage of stealth and shrouded

gcsmith
09-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Hmm, well don't forget disruption pods on your vehicles :D Also Would Suggest remove Suits for Piranahs due to increase survivability :D

albertsevil
09-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks man.
Tetras have disruption pods built in!! :)
I'm swinging towards kroot as it'll boost me up to 32 models, allow outflank and, most importantly, adds a different look to the force.

albertsevil
09-16-2012, 12:52 PM
For anyone interested, I won the combat patrol tournament today using the following Tau list:

XV8 Crisis Suit x 1 - twin linked missile pod, flamer
XV8 Crisis Suit x 1 - twin linked missile pod, flamer
Firewarriors x 8 - team leader
Firewarriors x 8
Firewarriors x 8
Tetra - target array
399 points in total

Thanks, gcsmith, for your help.