PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Harlequin Crone World Raid list

eldargal
09-12-2012, 07:52 AM
A'ight, I've drawn up a prelimary list for a Harlequin and Ranger theme list, the sort of force you might see travelling to a Crone World as per Path of the Outcast.

Farseer
Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding Guide, Fortune

10 Harlequins
8 Kisses, 2x fusion pistols, Troupe Master, Death Jester, Shadowseer

10 Harlequins
8 Kisses, 2 fusion pistols, Death Jester, Shadowseer

10 Harlequins

8 Pathfinders

7 Rangers

7 Rangers

6 Rangers

3 Vypers
Scatter lasers

Fire Prism

3 War Walkers
Scatter lasers

1988 points.

I've not given a great deal of thought as to how it would play, I guess the farseer would baby sit the Pathfinders with guide and fortune on those lovely 2+ cover saves. Everything else kills stuff. Lots of rending attacks, decent bit of S5-6 fire, surprising amount of S8 AP1 Melta goodness and a Fire Prism for a little extra punch now that blasts aren't a liability.

There is only one troupe leader because it represents one Harlequin troupe.

Opinions?

DrLove42
09-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Seems like a fun time. Its lot of cover saves. I'd be tempted to take a Warp Hunter over a Fire Prism so everything is hiding, but thats just me

Another things thats my prference would be putting the walkers in seperate squads, to maximise some survivabiltiy.

Is a Death Jester necesary in every squad? He needs to be standing to shoot, and i'd imagine they won't be stationary for long

Heres hoping for a Solitaire HQ choice in the future....

Could take Corsair or DE allies to match Outcast a little more....

Psychosplodge
09-12-2012, 08:00 AM
bear with me as i've had nothing to do with eldar since I last played against them under 2nd

As a scouting force would it be fluffy to swap out the war walkers with jet bikes/ vypers? or would the points be too expensive?

eldargal
09-12-2012, 08:04 AM
...****, pasted in the draft list. Hold on I'll fix it.

Fixed.

I was thinking about the Warp Hunter myself, but then I thought would it really be fitting for them to be tearing holes in into the warp on a Crone World? Shrieker cannon is Assault 3 so he should be able to pewpewpew stuff before charging in with the others?

War walkers are used as scouts too so I thought they would be sutiable, the finalised list included both though.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-12-2012, 08:06 AM
(Its not legal! You have 4 elites, which means double FoC. But you only have 1 HQ!)

Seems like a fun time. Its lot of cover saves. I'd be tempted to take a Warp Hunter over a Fire Prism so everything is hiding, but thats just me

Another things thats my prference would be putting the walkers in seperate squads, to maximise some survivabiltiy.

Is a Death Jester necesary in every squad? He needs to be standing to shoot, and i'd imagine they won't be stationary for long

Heres hoping for a Solitaire HQ choice in the future....

Could take Corsair or DE allies to match Outcast a little more....

Oh EldarGal. *facepalm* :p

DrLove42
09-12-2012, 08:09 AM
LOL Fixed.

As I said, i likes. Would be fun to play. Lots of stuff with 2+ cover

Psychosplodge
09-12-2012, 08:11 AM
It looks like it would look good.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-12-2012, 08:15 AM
It's a really balanced list, lots of anti-everything. Nice. :)

The only issue that I can see is mobility and objective scoring.

Psychosplodge
09-12-2012, 08:16 AM
They've got legs...

eldargal
09-12-2012, 08:18 AM
The general idea was for the rangers to hold my side of the board with hte pathfinders front and center, everything else slaughters the heck out of the enemy and some of the smaller ranger groups make a dash for objectives mid-late game depending how things are going. We tend to use a lot of terrain so they should be ok.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Cool, that's fine then. You have the War Walkers to provide covering fire and to just be generally annoying. :D

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-12-2012, 08:25 AM
With the Harlequins, you'll probably lose 1-2 per squad through harassing fire, Overwatch etc, maybe have 2 Kiss-less Harlies in each squad to eat those bullets?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-12-2012, 08:27 AM
I can't even remember the Troupe Leader's name in Outcast...
He was a dude anyway. :D

eldargal
09-12-2012, 08:32 AM
So, that is the basic list, here is a more exciting one with more FW goodies:

Farseer
Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding, Guide, Fortune

10 Harlequins
8 Kisses, 2x fusion pistols, Troupe Master, Death Jester, Shadowseer

10 Harlequins

8 10 Harlequins
Kisses, 2 fusion pistols, Death Jester, Shadowseer

8 Pathfinders

7 Rangers

7 Rangers

6 Rangers

2 Hornets
Scatter Lasers

Nightwing

Warp Hunter

1980, so 20 points to spare.

Corrected a few numerical typos in the first post, had an extra ranger and the points total was 3 points off.

Good idea.

With the Harlequins, you'll probably lose 1-2 per squad through harassing fire, Overwatch etc, maybe have 2 Kiss-less Harlies in each squad to eat those bullets?

Psychosplodge
09-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Just thought it needs a Harley Quin MLP to lead it lol

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/142/b/4/harley_sparkle_by_tanmansmantan-d3gxdbl.png

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-12-2012, 08:41 AM
You still need a dude with two daggers. :p

eldargal
09-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Not hard to convert from one of my many Rogue Trader Harlequins.

I have to go, but tonight I'm going to make plans for 500pt corsair and Dark Eldar ally blocs. Post them tomorrow.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-12-2012, 08:52 AM
He needs to be a HQ choice, he isn't your average Joe. :D

DrLove42
09-12-2012, 08:55 AM
As i've said, Solitaire needs to be a HQ choice.

Could have some Old Skool Harlequin jetbikes to go with it

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-12-2012, 09:07 AM
I've decided that we need a Mercenaries thing like Fantasy has.
Then Harlequins can have justice. (they aren't numerous enough for a full Codex)

Psychosplodge
09-12-2012, 09:10 AM
That's probably why they've included allies in this edition...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-12-2012, 09:13 AM
We'll have to wait and see.

I may paint up some Harlies at some point, maybe with my Dark Eldar...
CTHULHU HARLEQUINS.

DrLove42
09-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Then Harlequins can have justice. (they aren't numerous enough for a full Codex)

This is something Gott mentioned in her report from GDOz. The possibility of a dogs of war type expansion in the future

Psychosplodge
09-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Gott's a female?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Yeah. Are you blind Psycho?

Psychosplodge
09-12-2012, 09:34 AM
blind? You know how many cross gender avatars people have on the internet?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-12-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm not even judging by avatars. Seeing as people use feminine words to refer to her. :p
Derp.

Anyway, resume on topic conversation.

Psychosplodge
09-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Thats why I twigged lol

You could probaly stick some CHS Ymggrrrl genestealer heads on harlequin bodies and make an abomination, sorry a cthulu harlequin

or maybe not...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-12-2012, 09:45 AM
That would require me to purchase from CHS, and that simply won't happen. :p

Autarch
09-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I like this list. But I'm worried about anti-tank. If you lose your Warp Hunter you might be in trouble. Why not pop some EML's on those hornet? It'll give you anti-infantry and the ability to quickly strip away your enemies hull points. Just an idea. :)

Chris*ta
09-12-2012, 11:29 AM

This is something Gott mentioned in her report from GDOz. The possibility of a dogs of war type expansion in the future

I was at Jes' seminar, and I was going to say that. He expressed a desire to do a mercenearies-type thing to go with the allies rules. So could be anything from the first expansion book for 6th ed that's already finished, to a cool idea someone mentioned that we might get to in a few years if we can. I'm hoping closer to the former than the latter :D

Thats why I twigged lol

You could probaly stick some CHS Ymggrrrl genestealer heads on harlequin bodies and make an abomination, sorry a cthulu harlequin

or maybe not...

Ask and ye shall receive:
http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/cthood-alien-heads

Plus, you don't have to buy from CHS, and quite cheap too. Or at least, relatively cheap if you're in Australia, I don't know how it works where you're from ;)

Psychosplodge
09-12-2012, 11:51 AM
That would require me to purchase from CHS, and that simply won't happen. :p

I know, as if lol

Ask and ye shall receive:
http://victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/cthood-alien-heads

Plus, you don't have to buy from CHS, and quite cheap too. Or at least, relatively cheap if you're in Australia, I don't know how it works where you're from ;)

You've probably made his day :rolleyes:

Tepogue
09-12-2012, 07:49 PM
I think Maugan Ra or another of the Phoenix Lords might be a suitable stand in for the Solitaire.

Dalleron
09-12-2012, 08:25 PM
I think a Corsair Prince could make a decent Solitaire. Give him the rending weapon, fusion pistol, shadow field and you got pricey dude/ette who can mess stuff up. He can have his own separate harlie troupe to go with. You can fudge some corsairs to be the required troop choice.

eldargal
09-12-2012, 10:10 PM
I was thinking perhaps a shadowfield archon as a counts-as Solitaire, but a corsair princess would work too.

eldargal
09-13-2012, 07:49 AM
What do people think fits in better with the Harlequins thematically: Dark Eldar kabalite mercenaries or wyches? I'm leaning towards kabalites, wyches seem a little less likely to want to go to a crone world, daemons probably aren't good arena fodder.

I did think perhaps Lelith Hesperax as the compulsory HQ to represent a solitaire though. 3++ dodge, lots of attacks, utra high WS, ignores armour.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-13-2012, 07:53 AM
Corsairs, because they're in the book. :p

eldargal
09-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Obviously.:p I'm going to have a Corsair allies addition but I'm working through Dark Eldar at the moment 'cos I left my copy of IA11 downstairs and I can't be bothered getting it.

DrLove42
09-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Corsairs do make more sense. But of all DE, Kabalites make the most sense. In a fluff sense they're there as they've been hired to be there.

Or the Archon is mounting a raid to an Ancient planet that he knows there is something valuable to be found.

Lelith would be a good match to a Solitaire in rules terms.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I'd go Kabalites as an alternative.

eldargal
09-13-2012, 07:59 AM
In terms of background the force consists of Harlequins, Craftworld rangers and Farseer and Corsairs. Dark Eldar only enter into it in terms of which book the rules are taken from. I'm thinking of making a kabalite/harlequin list later to represent an archon going after soulstones and stuff to barter for wraithbone. I thought kabalites with splinter rifles better represented corsairs than wyches but I thought wyches could be used to represent some kind of harlequin. But I'm not sure I want to start having counts-as harlequin units.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Sound reasoning. Do that. :)

DrLove42
09-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Corsairs (or DE) also have the advantage of Venom mounted Quin squads to grant more speed. The allies also open up another elites squad to have more of them

eldargal
09-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Playing my first game with the first army list soon, will try and remember to post how it goes.

Psychosplodge
09-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Did you already have models to do that, or counts as?

eldargal
09-20-2012, 07:20 AM
I already had them painted up, I have over 60k of eldar painted.:p Though I did only have twenty Harlequins painted until relatively recently.

DrLove42
09-20-2012, 07:32 AM
You need to get pics of it all online one day....

Psychosplodge
09-20-2012, 07:49 AM
I assumed you'd have lacked the Harlequins lol

Autarch
09-20-2012, 07:56 AM
You need to get pics of it all online one day....

I second the motion.

eldargal
09-20-2012, 08:02 AM
I know.:(

DrLove42
09-20-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm not sure I want to think how much effort it would be to get out 60k points and set them up in one place. Thats a days work right there....

Bonus points if you get your DE and anything else out as well (models wise - nothing dirty)

Psychosplodge
09-20-2012, 08:06 AM
How much space does that actually take up?

eldargal
09-20-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm waiting until I can get a nice Craftworld themed (series of) board(s) to display them on, but I'm incredibly fussy about eldar terrain and it is taking forever to finalised the design for even just basic things like portals.:(

@Psychosplodge: lots.

Chris*ta
09-20-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm not sure I want to think how much effort it would be to get out 60k points and set them up in one place. Thats a days work right there....

Bonus points if you get your DE and anything else out as well (models wise - nothing dirty)

I vote for getting out the dirty :D

Psychosplodge
09-20-2012, 08:26 AM
lol, that's not numbers!

Lost Vyper
09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
That´s a nice list, waiting to hear how they fare. 60k of Eldar sounds like my dream find in an yard sale..."I´ll give you 50 bucks for those toys", says the deviously smiling man. "Ok" , says the father who´s cleaning his sons/daughter´s room, cos he/she went to college...and now i woke up, dammit! :)

Psychosplodge
09-21-2012, 01:35 AM
That´s a nice list, waiting to hear how they fare. 60k of Eldar sounds like my dream find in an yard sale..."I´ll give you 50 bucks for those toys", says the deviously smiling man. "Ok" , says the father who´s cleaning his sons/daughter´s room, cos he/she went to college...and now i woke up, dammit! :)

You evil evil genius....

eldargal
09-21-2012, 02:22 AM
Well I've been collecting eldar for 16 years and some of the FW stuff skews the ratio a bit too.

Forgot to write up notes on the game (so no proper battle report) but it went very well. It was against a bike heavy SM army with some assault terminators in a land raider and two whirlwinds and a dakka predator. They had that SC that makes bikes troops.

The Pathfinders and rangers did splendidly, taking out nearly half his troops (bikes and attack bikes) on their first turn and finishing off two of the three squads over the next two turns. Some harlequins jumped the third and by the third turn his troops were gone. The vypers also did well, glancing the predator to death on their first turn (they came from behind...) and they also accounted for one whirldwind on the next turn but they lost a vyper to the other whirlwind.

I was lucky that his land raider was equipped for anti-tank with lascannons, it did vaporise a couple of 'quins but between the fire prism and 6 fusion pistols going at it it was glanced to death over two turns The war walkers managed to gt in a position to obliterfry a deep striking assault marine squad before they could cause trouble for the pathfinders.

The assault marines were a pain, I wasn't able to kill any in shooting but between two harlequin squads they wre kept occupied and only killed a few harlequins before the game ended, killed two of them.

So it went very well, only lost four rangers, one pathfinder, six harlequins and a vyper. I think perhaps it would struggle more against an army with more figures and a flyer would cause lots of trouble (if they bring a flyer I think ill switch scatter lasers to shuriken cannons and try and buy an aegis line with quad laser).

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-21-2012, 02:30 AM
I couldn't kill a Shadowfield Archon to save my life! Him and some Eldar Ranger were like the only survivors. :p

GO STORMTALONS.

All that AP4. :D

DrLove42
09-21-2012, 03:06 AM
I got a game tonight with a list he likes to call "Sisters Fisters " :S

Imp Fists with Sisters of Battle

Glad to hear the list worked well. After this upcoming comp i might go back to basics in my lists and try something new....might give me the encouragement to paint my quins

Psychosplodge
09-21-2012, 03:09 AM
Is it power fist heavy? 0.0

DrLove42
09-21-2012, 03:11 AM
For his sake i hope so...i'm playing 4 Wraithlords....

Anggul
09-21-2012, 04:30 AM
Great idea for a list, looks like it would do well too as it uses most of the only decent Eldar units left to us. Fluffy and effective, the best kind of list!

It might be worth pointing out that Death Jesters can't take Harlequin's Kisses, as the Shrieker Cannon replaces all of their weapons. It's a bit daft and hopefully something which will be fixed in the next codex. They could take them in the Dark Eldar codex because the Cannon only replaced their Pistol, but they FAQd it back to the same as the Eldar codex. :S I don't imagine a Death Jester using a Harlequin's Kiss, but the combat attachment on their guns could easily be Rending.

As for Solitaires, at the moment I think Lelith is probably the closest at the moment, but nothing quite comes close. I think Lelith would if her S3 didn't let her down so badly.

I think I may begin work on a Harlequin codex, I do love them very much.

eldargal
09-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Hehe yes I actually realied the Death Jester thing while I was setting up, silly oversight.

It was a fun, fluffy list to use even if the opponents list really worked to my favour. I'm thinking I might buy some more Harlequins and put them on daemonworld type bases and re-base the rangers to have a properly themed army. Maybe make a display board too, a half buried eldar building covered in daemon gunge.