PDA

View Full Version : Basilisk Conversion -The Drunkencorgimaster Mark II

Drunkencorgimaster
09-11-2012, 05:41 PM
The Drunkencorgimaster Mark II is a seriously awesome closed-top basilisk conversion in my un-humble opinion. You'll need to buy the bits off of Ebay and it is a somewhat tricky conversion but the results are great. People routinely mistake the first one of these I did for a Forgeworld product.

The pictures show how it is done. You basically need to invert a Valkyrie Hull on top of a Basilisk hull. The old gun shield has to go and you will need to actually shorten the hull a bit to make it fit. To do that the side door frames have to be carefully cut out and a matching section of the Valk's floor (now Basilisk roof) has to be removed. You will also need to cut a section out of the Valk rear door for the gun barrel to fit through. I strongly recommend a small-teeth hobby saw (not an x-acto knife) for these cutting jobs. Other spare parts that come with the hull can be used to fill in small gaps, create the back door, etc. It is touchy work, but very do-able if you work slowly and carefully.

Kirsten
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
an interesting idea, I was looking at making a static earthshaker position earlier funnily enough using a valkyrie hull, I have a spare one left over. putting it on a chimera is an idea with merit

Drunkencorgimaster
09-11-2012, 06:40 PM
an interesting idea, I was looking at making a static earthshaker position earlier funnily enough using a valkyrie hull, I have a spare one left over. putting it on a chimera is an idea with merit

I don't think you'll regret it. One thing I forgot to mention is that in this conversion the Valk bits will needs to be elevated just slightly above the Basie treads [you would not part of the hull welded to the treads -might slow the vehicle down a bit:)] There are a ton of ways you could do this though. Not a big deal really.

fuzzbuket
09-12-2012, 12:23 AM
very nice :D it makes a lot of sence to you know have your crew sheilded from enemy fire :P

-fuzz

Chris*ta
09-12-2012, 10:56 AM
very nice :D it makes a lot of sence to you know have your crew sheilded from enemy fire :P

-fuzz

I dunno. It always made more sense to me to have your artillery deployed miles away from the front line :D

I like this conversion a lot. It really doesn't look at all like it's come from a Valk kit. My only complaint is that the front armour on the gunners' compartment is sloped too far back. I know this comes from the shape of the Valk kit, but it doesn't fell appropriate to the IG. Just my opinion, though. And I still think it's an excellent conversion.

Autarch
09-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Very cool! I love the paint job too. Great camouflage scheme, and nice conversion work too.

Denzark
09-12-2012, 12:01 PM
I like but it seems proper expensive...

Chris*ta
09-12-2012, 12:16 PM

Not sure precisely which bits of the Valk you're using, but don't you still have enough to convert a Valk Sky Talon and/or a Vulture?

Drunkencorgimaster
09-12-2012, 09:21 PM

I think I got all the hull bits for the Valk of ebay for about USD$10. That was a pretty good deal but they will often go for USD$14. Still cheaper than Forgeworld.