PDA

View Full Version : underground base: modular table build

archimbald
09-11-2012, 03:18 PM
So, i got myself some Foamboard, MDF an fancy plans... basically I aim to build a modular 4"x4" (leading to a 6"x4") gaming table. the theme being an underground science lab. Consisting of 2"x2" boards with each being something along the lines of: Vehicle pit,
Command center,
Power/generator room,
linking corridor with branching rooms,
etc.

the plan is to have it usable in both 40K and Infinity, without looking blatantly out of place in either world. 2741

as you can see above the basic floor plan is laid out, with a single layer, this will be doubled to be 10cm deep, there are plans for a room and space for a (yet to be) converted sentinel lifter.
will scan in the plans in tomorrow hopefully after work.

C&C valued immensely

SotonShades
09-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Looks like a good start. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing it progress. Don't forget to let people know about any pitfalls you come across for anyone else who fancies givingin something like this ago (including myself possibly...)

Only criticsm so far isn't of the project, just that you've really put this in the wrong sub-forum! We've got a place just for projects like this at the bottom of MH&P called
Terrain Miniatures and Painting Projects. Sorry, just me being pedantics :p

Chris*ta
09-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Hard to say much yet. I'm kind of impressed by people who make the fully sculpted table. I'm always tempted to do a WWI-esque trench-warfare table, but don't have the space for storage :(

I'll keep an eye on this thread though.