PDA

View Full Version : help me build my list

B-rock
09-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Hello guys, I am here with a cool unit idea, but Idk how to build around it reallcy.
The new faq to incubi ( klaves are AP 2 at normal initiative) makes me love them so
much now.

I am taking a unit of 8 incubi in a raider with an archon and a homunculus.
They have a 3+ 5+ now.

I want an all around list and I don't want a lot of wyches but I like a unit or maybe two.
Well, guys please help me build around this.

Comment with list and their focus or just units and why to take the unit .

Thank you, b-rock

Chumbalaya
09-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Well, that particular unit is insanely expensive and fairly easy to make useless with stray shots. It might behoove you to simply reserve them to avoid getting blown away. You'll arrive T2 on a 3+ and can get in good position in one go with flat out and aethersails (12"+2D6"+12" IIRC).

Beyond that, focus the rest of your army on opening up any vehicles your opponent may field and preparing for the uber charge.

So, add in 3 Ravagers (lances and night shields) and 2-3 units of Warriors in Raiders with support from Reavers/Scourges and minimum Wracks riding in sniper Raiders for objective holding. Depending on how many points you're using, that could fill you up or leave you a little extra for maybe Trueborn, more Troops, or allies

Capt Forsythe
09-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Hello guys, I am here with a cool unit idea, but Idk how to build around it reallcy.
The new faq to incubi ( klaves are AP 2 at normal initiative) makes me love them so
much now.

I am taking a unit of 8 incubi in a raider with an archon and a homunculus.
They have a 3+ 5+ now.

I want an all around list and I don't want a lot of wyches but I like a unit or maybe two.
Well, guys please help me build around this.

Comment with list and their focus or just units and why to take the unit .

Thank you, b-rock

Give the Haemonculus a liquifier gun, or shattershard (pick target wisely), run with a klaivex, shadowfield on the Archon, Klaivex accepts challenges, Look Out Sir STR 6 wounds from the archon to an incubus. Since you are this deep into points for this unit, throw in a bloodstone and have an extra d3 ap 3 hits from a Wall of Death.

Haemon does not have fleet, so be care ful with long range charges. If you only have the 1 pain token, detach him first before the charge, liquify, and cross your fingers. If you have 2 pain tokens, suck it up and get closer before you charge.