PDA

View Full Version : Typhus' Weapon

Demonus
09-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Ok I just read the latest FAQ and I must be missing something, but here is the statline for the Manreaper:

Str As user
AP2
Force Weapon
2 Handed
Unwieldy
Daemon Weapon

So um, why is it unwieldy? It isn't an axe, so its not +1 str. It isnt a PF, so it isn't double str. It just seems like GW wanted to screw Typhus, so they made him init 1 with it?

In addition, it further gives this rule: “Typhus does not suffer the penalties for charging enemies through cover, but instead
fights at his normal Initiative in the ensuing combat."

So....he can ignore charging through cover, and fight at his normal initiative during combat...which is now 1.

Also imho they should have put "poisoned 4+" in the description as well since a further question asks it.

Archon Charybdis
09-08-2012, 04:45 PM
My brother in law had been running Typhus recently and using Manreaper as a Force Axe, and he said that's what the FAQ had said it was. It's entirely possible they just flubbed it in this recent FAQ and either accidentally left off the +1S, or the FAQ author didn't realize it's actually still very meaningful even with poison 4+.

SacredChao
09-08-2012, 08:13 PM
It's not "Poisoned (4+)" because while it is a daemon weapon and he is marked with nurgle, it is not the same one as the generic nurgle daemon weapon.

In the previous FAQ, it was a "Force Axe". Now it's an AP2, I-1, 2 Handed Force Weapon. Although I think that will go away in the New Codex (or Tzeentch forbid another FAQ, I hope the codex comes out before then.) I'm curious as to the formatting, I missed the "Unwieldy" on the weapon until someone told me it was at the top of the next column, Maybe the FAQ writers/editors missed it too (Assuming the FAQ's are edited : / sometimes I doubt it :P)

Demonus
09-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Q. Does Typhus’ Manreaper have poisoned attacks that cause wounds
on a 4+? (p55)
A. Yes, it combines the effect of a Plaguebringer and a force
weapon.

Looks poisoned to me.

SacredChao
09-08-2012, 09:04 PM
ah, sorry, I guess I was wrong :) So it is poisoned (4+). Never mind on that Note :P

Archon Charybdis
09-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Even without the FAQ, the Daemon Weapon section is pretty clear on it. Chaos Lords only ever buy a "Daemon Weapon", there are not five separate pieces of wargear called "Daemon Weapon", "Plaguebringer" etc that can be purchased individually. A "Daemon Weapon"--the singular piece of wargear-- has a few different special rules including "an additional ability that varies based on the Mark given to the bearer". Plaguebringer is not a weapon unto itself, rather it is a special sub-set of rules a Daemon Weapon has when the model wielding it has a Mark of Nurgle.

Manreaper is a Daemon Weapon wielded by a model with Mark of Nurgle (i.e. a Plaguebringer); additionally it has some further special rules. Nothing about that means it doesn't still use all the rules of a regular Plaguebringer.