PDA

View Full Version : New FAQ's are up!

DrLove42
09-07-2012, 09:10 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=3400019&multiPageMode=true&start=2

Updating with big rules

“A
Grounded Flying Monstrous Creature is treated as if it is in
Glide mode with immediate effect, and can therefore be
targeted normally and charged in the following Assault phase.
Furthermore, the model automatically loses the Jink special
rule (if it had it), but can otherwise revert to Swoop mode
again in its next turn.”

"Change this sentence to “Skimmers that are not also Heavy
Vehicles have the Jink special rule”. - Means no Jink on Monoliths

Q: Does a weapon that hits automatically, still hit automatically when
making a Snap Shot? (p13)
A: Yes.

Q: How do maelstroms, novas and beams – or indeed any weapon
that doesn’t need to roll To Hit or hits automatically – interact with
Zooming Flyers and Gliding Flying Monstrous Creatures? (p13)
A: Only Snap Shots can hit Zooming Flyers and Gliding
Flying Monstrous Creatures. Therefore, any attacks that use
blast markers, templates, create a line of/area of effect or
otherwise don’t roll to hit cannot target them. This includes
weapons such as the Necron Doom Scythe’s death ray or the
Deathstrike missile of the Imperial Guard, and psychic
powers that follow the rule for maelstroms, beams, and
novas. - Ending another argument from this week

Q: If a model has the Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain special
rules, can it still make Feel No Pain rolls against Wounds that
inflict Instant Death (Eternal Warrior states that the model is
immune to the effects of Instant Death, after all)? (p35)
A: No.

Q: Do hits by Tau markerlights, or other items of wargear that cause
hits but do not inflict damage, require a Swooping Flying Monstrous
Creature to take a Grounded test. (p49)

Q: Flyers are entitled to choose whether or not to use the Skyfire
special rule at the start of each Shooting phase. Can Swooping
Flying Monstrous Creatures also do this? (p49)
A: Yes. (Flying MC's can shoot other fliers!)

Q: Can you deploy the Aegis Defence Line sections in two or more
groups of two or more sections apiece (this way, they will still be in
base contact with at least one other section)? (p114)
A: No – the Aegis defence line sections must be deployed in
an unbroken chain, though they can be connected end-toend

Q: If all of my units are either Flyers or embarked upon Flyers, will I
automatically lose the game as there are none of my models on the
gaming board at the end of Turn 1? (p122)

Q: Which missile launchers have access to flakk missiles? (p57/415)
A: Only those that specifically have an option to take them as
an upgrade in their army list.

All above are just a smll selection of big things from the Main Rule Book FAq. I haven't even looked at the codex ones yet

Eldar -

Farseer with Spirit Stones - Mastery 2
Shadowseer is only stealth + shrouding, not spotting distance
Witnessing and Warding on oppiste sides now cancel out
Witnessing + Warding do not stack if you have multiple
Destructor can't be used in overwatch
DE don't count as eldar for guide and fortune
CAn overwatch with bladestorm, but can't overwatch after bladestorming
Power axes on Banshee Exarch counts as executioner, not a axe

Dark Eldar
INCUBI ARE AP2
Huskblades are also AP2
Can flat out then Aether sail

Tau
Disruption pods give shrouding (3+ cover!)
Targetlock allows split fire
Markerlights do not improve Overwatch

Marines
Techmarines can only bolster ruins, nothing else
Relic Blades are AP3
Only Codex Marines can use Storm Talon

Wolves
JOTWW affect Jetbikes (how?)

Nids
broodlords cannot use Witchfire powers, even auto hits. If he gets one, he cannot reroll
Mawloc cannotuse its deepstrike attack under fliers
Ymgral Stealers can assault the turn they arrive

Orks
Ramshackle on hull point wrecked as well
Burnas are AP3
Cannt use burna in overwatch and then use it as a power weapon (choose one or other)
DeffRollas allow cover saves
Nob squads aren't all characters

Necron
Death Ray on doom sythe cannot target fliers
imoteks lightning is unaffected by stealth and shrouding (and yet barrage weapons are - wierd)
You can reembark a Nightsythe

Guard
Must parachute in from a Valk if it moves more than 6"
Scout does nothing to Valks/Vendettas

GK
A unit of Grey Knights only counts as 1 for determining how many physkers are in range
Force halberda are unusal power weapons, not axes (who thought that?)
GK sqauds may not swap non hammerhand powers out
Paladin squads aren't all characters

Dark Angels
Q: There is no Dark Angels vehicles reference section at the back of the
rulebook. Does this mean I should use the Codex: Space Marines
vehicle reference section instead (meaning my Venerable Dreadnoughts
are now Weapon Skill and Ballistic Skill 5 for example)? (appendix)

Chaos Marines
Kharn is AP2
Ahriman is Mastery 3
Typhus is AP2
Demon princes are flying with wings
Demon Weapons are AP2

Deamons
Fateweaver only affects DEAMONS. No allying him with rerollabel 2+ terminators!

Blood Angels
Asorath is AP2
Mephiston is Master 3, Epistol 2 Regular Libby 1
Wings of Sanguinius give you hammer of wrath attacks

Black Templars
Abhor the Witch instead of Deny the Witch rolls

ElectricPaladin
09-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Damnit! And right after I get behind my school's content filtering, too...

Any surprises for Blood Angels, Space Marines, and Tau?

DrLove42
09-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Starting to work through them. So far they answer one thing from the BoLs front page. I'll update the original post with anything big i find

“A
Grounded Flying Monstrous Creature is treated as if it is in
Glide mode with immediate effect, and can therefore be
targeted normally and charged in the following Assault phase.
Furthermore, the model automatically loses the Jink special
rule (if it had it), but can otherwise revert to Swoop mode
again in its next turn.”

Kaiserdean
09-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Nob has unit type changed to infantry.

Yay!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Hahahaha!

Awesome, will have a look of these at home.

david5th
09-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Lumbering Behemoth for IG is gone. LR is simply a heavy vehicle. kind of sucks.

celestialatc
09-07-2012, 09:46 AM
First of all, I can't believe this got a yes:

Q: Does a Nemesis Dreadknight armed with a Nemesis greatsword have
4 Attacks at Strength 10 that, because of the Nemesis greatsword, can
re-roll To Hit, To Wound and Armour Penetration rolls?(p54)

Now I need to use the Dreadknight and the sword more...he is now awesome.

And Paladins are no longer characters....oh well, no reason to ever use Dragio again.

daboarder
09-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Games workshop, FAQing Tyranids since 2010

edit: DAMN they frakked typhus up

isotope99
09-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Lumbering Behemoth for IG is gone. LR is simply a heavy vehicle. kind of sucks.

Lame, sponson weapons are basically a tax on looking good for that vehicle [ordnance turrets] if stuck with snap shots at the same target.

Happy to have the clariifcation for DS swooping monstrous creatures.

Regnir
09-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Big changes to Look Out Sir and Characters:

Page 16 – Shooting Phase, Look Out, Sir
Change the second sentence of the second bullet point to:
“Determine which model in the unit is closest to the character,
and resolve the Wound against that model instead.”

Also I'm told they're saying on Warseer that only the Squad Leader of a unit of characters counts as a character, but I'm not finding that one.

Anyhow, the quoted bit above more or less kills wound allocation. There's a matching update for Look Out Sir under the Assault section as well.

eldargal
09-07-2012, 09:58 AM
The AP boost for Incubi and Huskblade is nice. Why not Banshees though? Generally fairly positive for Eldar and Dark Eldar though it doesn't really do anything to address the new weaknesses for eldar, but then FAQs seldom do. Bit annoyed about the vibro cannon ruling given that I received the exact opposite response to my email on the subject. Make up your minds...

Bah, need 6th ed codices, I'd rather play WFB at this point, at least the 8th ed books are nicely balanced against each other.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Meh, shame about limiting Banshees to Power Swords.

Blahhh damn you Fateweaver update Thousands Sons were nearly viable.

Yay a Flying Daemon Prince is actually a Flying Monstrous Creature!

The Halberd question was kinda weird, but then again, it's weird that the BRB calls Halberds an Axe-equivalent (i.e., I1) while the GK 'dex says they strike I6. Man, when they get a 6th ed. update and wind up with Halberds being Force Axes that'll sting.

Kevlarshark
09-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Dante's power axe is a power axe...I told ya!

jonsgot
09-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Big changes to Look Out Sir and Characters:

Change the second sentence of the second bullet point to:
“Determine which model in the unit is closest to the character,
and resolve the Wound against that model instead.”

Also I'm told they're saying on Warseer that only the Squad Leader of a unit of characters counts as a character, but I'm not finding that one.

Anyhow, the quoted bit above more or less kills wound allocation. There's a matching update for Look Out Sir under the Assault section as well.

Delete “(or unsaved Wounds)” from the first paragraph.

Glad that's been sorted out! You always make look out sir saves before rolling other saves.

gcsmith
09-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Tau faq = Yay we get our target locks back and disruption pods get buffed.

Black templar = crappier than the last one and nerfed even more. I mean really full righteous zeal move... yet we still can't charge with it. Well there goes our objective holding...

Chris*ta
09-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Lame, sponson weapons are basically a tax on looking good for that vehicle [ordnance turrets] if stuck with snap shots at the same target.

Read the rules for heavy vehicles again -- Don't worry no one's probably read them yet, cos they didn't apply to anything till now. ;)

For the purposes of determining which weapons a Heavy vehicle can fire (and at what Ballistic Skill), Heavy vehicles are always treated as having remained Stationary.

So, the Leman Russ can move up to 6" and fire all its weapons at BS 3 :)

The only thing its lost from its previous functionality was the ability to move D6+6" and fire nothing. Which is not a big loss, really.

So, all fear the Emperor's wrath as great squadrons of Leman Russes sweep the battlefields of the 41st Millennium!

Galadren
09-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Black templar = crappier than the last one and nerfed even more. I mean really full righteous zeal move... yet we still can't charge with it. Well there goes our objective holding...

This. Black Templars can be led around like dogs on a leash now and pulled into easy charge range.

gcsmith
09-07-2012, 11:52 AM
This. Black Templars can be led around like dogs on a leash now and pulled into easy charge range.

It's almost as if Matt Ward is writing the Templar FAQ and going, how dare you be even remotely as competent in combat as GK SW or BA.

First we had our Vow Neutered so it's no longer worth the points. And now we get the new Rage rules. Heck rage was better since it was only on units who actually had a chance to do anything in combat before.

I pray to Phil kelly that he gives us a decent write.

Until then, bye bye templars. It's a good thing I didn't bring them to Uni with me. After all, they would end up being a heavy paperweight that took up all the room in the car.

Playing Tau and new Chaos until rewrite I guess.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Just noticed that Glaives Encarmine are now limited to Swords and Axes. A shame, I was hoping that the new Power Weapon rules would open the door to lots of fun conversions :/ It would've been really awesome if they clarified it as "Glaives are a master-crafted Power Sword, Spear, Maul or Axe", "Frost Weapons are a Power S/S/M/A with an additional +1S" and "Relic Blades are a Power S/S/M/A with an additional +2S".

I was planning to do up an Aspiring Champion with Power Spear, but now I'm going to wait and see if those are actually an option.

And Sammael's Landspeeder has 2 Hullpoints ahahahahah. Come one, come all, to see the Master of the Deathwing get dropped by two bolter rounds :P... Well, it totally makes sense, but I was kinda hoping his Land Speeder would be special enough to merit 3HP.

Regnir
09-07-2012, 12:07 PM
And Sammael's Landspeeder has 2 Hullpoints ahahahahah. Come one, come all, to see the Master of the Deathwing get dropped by two bolter rounds :P... Well, it totally makes sense, but I was kinda hoping his Land Speeder would be special enough to merit 3HP.

Sammael's Landspeeder is AV14, IIRC. That is pretty special.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Sammael's Landspeeder is AV14, IIRC. That is pretty special.Oh, duh, forgot about that bit :P

Angelofblades
09-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I heard that FMC's now have Skyfire..But I don't see where in the rulebook FAQ it says they have it? Is it in a particular Codex's FAQ? The closest thing I've seen in the rulebook FAQ is this:

Q: Flyers are entitled to choose whether or not to use the Skyfire
special rule at the start of each Shooting phase. Can Swooping
Flying Monstrous Creatures also do this? (p49)

But FMC's don't have skyfire...how does a FMC choose to do something it cannot?

Do we interpret that this entry is giving FMC's skyfire without explicitly stating it?

Kyban
09-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Generally fairly positive for Eldar and Dark Eldar though it doesn't really do anything to address the new weaknesses for eldar, but then FAQs seldom do..

It seemed to me like most of the new Eldar stuff was negative.

Meh, shame about limiting Banshees to Power Swords.

The Halberd question was kinda weird, but then again, it's weird that the BRB calls Halberds an Axe-equivalent (i.e., I1) while the GK 'dex says they strike I6. Man, when they get a 6th ed. update and wind up with Halberds being Force Axes that'll sting.

The banshee change was probably just to avoid complicated rulings on I10 vs unwieldy, though I10 vs lash whips you would still need to roll off.

The halberd will probably never be force axes as it kind of defeats the point, the fact that they decided normal halberds were in the same class as axes is stupid, the reason for the long stick is so you can hit the other guy first! :p

Capt Forsythe
09-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks Phil Kelly! My huskblade and incubi would kiss you if they weren't all sharp and spikey.

Chris*ta
09-07-2012, 12:28 PM
The halberd will probably never be force axes as it kind of defeats the point, the fact that they decided normal halberds were in the same class as axes is stupid, the reason for the long stick is so you can hit the other guy first! :p

You're picking this from a company that had a rule that you couldn't fire an arrow over the head of the guy in front of you for how long? Or that two handed weapons go last.

Any relationship between GW rules and actual physics is purely coincidental ;)

Kyban
09-07-2012, 12:30 PM
You're picking this from a company that had a rule that you couldn't fire an arrow over the head of the guy in front of you for how long? Or that two handed weapons go last.

Any relationship between GW rules and actual physics is purely coincidental ;)

*Sigh* It'd certainly be nice though.:rolleyes:

Chris*ta
09-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I think the weapons that get unwieldy are largely a matter of game balance.

I can't work out why I should be any slower swinging an axe than you are with your sword :confused:

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-07-2012, 12:44 PM
The halberd will probably never be force axes as it kind of defeats the point, the fact that they decided normal halberds were in the same class as axes is stupid, the reason for the long stick is so you can hit the other guy first! :pIdeally halberds would get an Init. bonus in the first round of combat, and a negative in following rounds. Having a blade on a 5ft pole is useless when your enemy is right up against you.

Part of the reason I think NFW halberds in the next knight 'dex will be axes is due to the fact that, right now, if I take the Terminator Librarian model used in the Grey Knight and Space Marine 'dexes, and stick a force halberd on him, one 'dex says he becomes S4 AP3 I6, the other says he becomes S5 AP2 I1. That's insane.

Kyban
09-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Ideally halberds would get an Init. bonus in the first round of combat, and a negative in following rounds. Having a blade on a 5ft pole is useless when your enemy is right up against you.

Part of the reason I think NFW halberds in the next knight 'dex will be axes is due to the fact that, right now, if I take the Terminator Librarian model used in the Grey Knight and Space Marine 'dexes, and stick a force halberd on him, one 'dex says he becomes S4 AP3 I6, the other says he becomes S5 AP2 I1. That's insane.

They should really be classified as spears or have separate rules, not to mention they would be pointless in the GK codex if they were axes as hammers are so cheap.

Chris*ta
09-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Ideally halberds would get an Init. bonus in the first round of combat, and a negative in following rounds. Having a blade on a 5ft pole is useless when your enemy is right up against you.

Ahh, not sure there. Someone who even slightly knows what they're doing with a longer weapon will use footwork to maintain distance and, therefore, the advantage in initiative throughout the fight.

And I think the issue about the Termie Librarian is a bit of a furphy. That model shouldn't even be in a GK army; it is clearly not a grey knight. It annoys me so much to see it in a GK army in WD, and it's in every ******* one :mad:

Hopefully they'll release a new model at some point.

Oh wait, just remembered the model has a force staff, not a force halberd :o

Ehh, it still shouldn't be in a GK army.

gwensdad
09-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Read the rules for heavy vehicles again -- Don't worry no one's probably read them yet, cos they didn't apply to anything till now. ;)

So, the Leman Russ can move up to 6" and fire all its weapons at BS 3 :)

The only thing its lost from its previous functionality was the ability to move D6+6" and fire nothing. Which is not a big loss, really.

So, all fear the Emperor's wrath as great squadrons of Leman Russes sweep the battlefields of the 41st Millennium!

I think there's a rules problem here-under vehicles it states that vehicles with Ordinance weapons may only snap fire if they move (pg 71). The section on Heavy Vehicles really doesn't address if this doesn't apply to heavies. (I want it to NOT apply-but that's just me). So it could be argued that regular Russ's (Russi? Russes?) and Demolishers get hosed but I really am thinking of all-plasma Executioners for Terminator-hunting.

DarkLink
09-07-2012, 01:12 PM
GK
Paladin squads aren't all characters

Where was this? I couldn't find it.

BTW, Dreadknights can take their Greatsword and keep the Str 10 from the Doomfists/Hammer while still getting rerolls to hit/wound/penetrate.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-07-2012, 01:14 PM
They should really be classified as spears or have separate rules, not to mention they would be pointless in the GK codex if they were axes as hammers are so cheap.Yeah, but Spears don't have a force-weapon equivalent for... some reason?

Ahh, not sure there. Someone who even slightly knows what they're doing with a longer weapon will use footwork to maintain distance and, therefore, the advantage in initiative throughout the fight.Somewhat, but that'd be counter-acted by a half-competent enemy also knowing what they're doing and working to maintain a distance that inconveniences a halberd-wielder. "If I want to stab, I need to be close. If I want to not get stabbed, I also need to be close!" The Imp Guard Roughriders do have a decent representation of a stabby-stick, though.

And I think the issue about the Termie Librarian is a bit of a furphy. That model shouldn't even be in a GK army; it is clearly not a grey knight. It annoys me so much to see it in a GK army in WD, and it's in every ******* one :mad:It's not just in WD - that model's all over the place in the GK 'dex to. Maybe it'll get replaced in the next 'dex, maybe not.

Oh wait, just remembered the model has a force staff, not a force halberd :oYeah, but he has the option to upgrade to a force halberd, and now vanilla Librarians have access to a force "halberd" as well. Hence, weirdness.

Chris*ta
09-07-2012, 01:20 PM
I think there's a rules problem here-under vehicles it states that vehicles with Ordinance weapons may only snap fire if they move (pg 71). The section on Heavy Vehicles really doesn't address if this doesn't apply to heavies. (I want it to NOT apply-but that's just me). So it could be argued that regular Russ's (Russi? Russes?) and Demolishers get hosed but I really am thinking of all-plasma Executioners for Terminator-hunting.

Yeah, I just realised that reading the comments on the article on the main page :(

Dammit, if GW rules worked like M:TG rules, that rule on p. 71 wouldn't matter. Really, as those two sentences are one paragraph, you could argue that the Demolisher can fire all it's weapons fine, even on the move.

celestialatc
09-07-2012, 01:20 PM

BTW, Dreadknights can take their Greatsword and keep the Str 10 from the Doomfists/Hammer while still getting rerolls to hit/wound/penetrate.

Darklink, it's in the FAQ for the basic rule book. Just search paladins or Nobs and you will find it.

Angelofblades
09-07-2012, 01:21 PM

Main rulebook FAQ, the part where they expressed that paladins are now unit type Infantry.

Page 410 – Reference, Profile, Codex: Grey Knights, Paladins.
Change unit type to Infantry.

then:

Page 413 - Reference, Profiles

Add the following Designer’s Note:.

Designers Note: Wolf Guard, Nobz, Nobz Warbikers, and Crisis
Shas’vre that lead a unit (for example an Ork Nob leading Ork
Boyz, a Wolf Guard leading Grey Hunters) have the unit type
Infantry (Character).

Chris*ta
09-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Somewhat, but that'd be counter-acted by a half-competent enemy also knowing what they're doing and working to maintain a distance that inconveniences a halberd-wielder. "If I want to stab, I need to be close. If I want to not get stabbed, I also need to be close!" The Imp Guard Roughriders do have a decent representation of a stabby-stick, though.

I've done enough training with sticks and shorter sticks to know it sucks to get the short stick :D

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-07-2012, 01:35 PM
I've done enough training with sticks and shorter sticks to know it sucks to get the short stick :DBo vs. Hanbo? Keep in mind in this case both combatants are armoured, and only a segment of the halberd is capable of significant damage, unlike fighting with staffs (well, leverage comes into play here, but that analysis is getting a bit in depth).

ElectricPaladin
09-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Personally, I'm still going crazy over the 2+ save that my fast Tau skimmers can get if they are equipped with disruption pods. That makes, say, a squad of tetras nice and hard to kill while they zip around the board, waiting for a likely target to unload their markerlights upon. The 3+ save my tanks can get, so long as they keep moving, isn't bad either.

And the return of Target Locks is nice, too.

DarkLink
09-07-2012, 01:40 PM
This one made me laugh, because I remember the depressing lack of understanding of math in the thread arguing over this:

Q: The rulebook says that you halve your Attacks characteristic ifyou perform a attack. However, if a Monstrous Creature has
an uneven number of Attacks, (3 for example), but has charged that
turn, does it receive the bonus Attack for charging before or after
halving its Attacks? (p42)
A: You halve the model’s Attacks characteristic first, then
apply any additional modifiers. In the example above, the
model would halve its Attacks first (rounding up to 2), then
receive a bonus Attack for charging.

Chris*ta
09-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Bo vs. Hanbo?

Yup. But no love for my pun :(

Keep in mind in this case both combatants are armoured, and only a segment of the halberd is armour-piercing, unlike fighting with staffs.

Ehh, I'm still not convinced. A good swing of the stick could still knock the opponent down, and leave them open to a quick introduction to the pointy end :D

DarkLink
09-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Anyone not convinced should read up on Phillip of Macedonia. Longer sticks are a huge advantage in a fight, because you can reach out and touch someone. It doesn't much matter if you only have a small blade, you can just stab them before they ever get close to you.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Yup. But no love for my pun :(:P I just assumed it was literal - that makes it either a very good or very bad one.

Anyone not convinced should read up on Phillip of Macedonia. Longer sticks are a huge advantage in a fight, because you can reach out and touch someone. It doesn't much matter if you only have a small blade, you can just stab them before they ever get close to you.Yeah, but the problem would be those who do get close to you, hence why swords didn't stop being a thing. Having an Init. bonus in the first round feels totally right, having it persist is what feels kinda weird. The long, blunt pole makes grappling problematic, for instance.

Chris*ta
09-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Anyone not convinced should read up on Phillip of Macedonia. Longer sticks are a huge advantage in a fight, because you can reach out and touch someone. It doesn't much matter if you only have a small blade, you can just stab them before they ever get close to you.

There's a big difference between combat between units in close formation, and units that are formed up more loosely.

In a one-on-one, a pike is probably a pretty big disadvantage compared to something a bit more handy.

Remember also the employment of troops armed with two-handed swords against pike armed units in ... umm, the year that it happened :cool:

Also, I think we're getting a bit off topic. we don't want to annoy that awful mod, whatever-his-name-is :rolleyes:

ragnarcissist
09-07-2012, 02:58 PM
so it says that wolf guard squad leaders are characters, but nothing to change that squads of wolfguard are no longer characters...

am i right?? are they still character squads??

lattd
09-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Nope its in the main faq that they are characters on their own or when leading squads otherwise they are infantry.

DrWobbles
09-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Typhus. No longer does he have poisoned attacks, no strength bonus, and he strikes at Init 1.... WTF.

Archon Charybdis
09-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Typhus. No longer does he have poisoned attacks, no strength bonus, and he strikes at Init 1.... WTF.

He's still equipped with a daemon weapon of Nurgle--he's still got poisoned attacks. It is weird that they include the Unwieldy rule for having an axe but not the +1S, but I suppose they could have figured wounding most things on a 3+ or 4+ with a re-roll was good enough.

Emerald Rose Widow
09-07-2012, 04:36 PM
But FMC's don't have skyfire...how does a FMC choose to do something it cannot?

Do we interpret that this entry is giving FMC's skyfire without explicitly stating it?

Yes, we do interpret that, the FAQ says we can do this, so we can do this. It is pretty clear, and I am almost certain this is not the first time that GW has done this with a faq.

daboarder
09-07-2012, 05:54 PM
He's still equipped with a daemon weapon of Nurgle--he's still got poisoned attacks. It is weird that they include the Unwieldy rule for having an axe but not the +1S, but I suppose they could have figured wounding most things on a 3+ or 4+ with a re-roll was good enough.

No he doesn't.

Unfortunately they have turned manreaper into a unique daemon weapon with its own complete rules, and give that all daemon weapons are AP2 he is basically unwieldly for NO benefit due to not having +1S from an axe.:mad:

edit: The idiots left this line in so now I don't know what to make of it.

Q. Does Typhus’ Manreaper have poisoned attacks that cause wounds
on a 4+? (p55)
A. Yes, it combines the effect of a Plaguebringer and a force
weapon.

gresha
09-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Intercept for Swooping Hawks now counts all vehicles in CC except for Walkers as WS0. I can live with auto-hitting haywire grenades.

Wish they would fix Holofields but Star Engines add a bit more speed is kinda cool I guess. Clarification on the Vibro Cannon vs. Flyers is nice as well. Lack of an AP2 CCW is a little disheartening though.

My friend is annoyed that Monoliths lost Jink but the fact it had it in the first place was a little ridiculous imo. Can't move more than 6" but can barrel roll fast enough to get out of the way of a missile? Come on.

AnEnemy
09-07-2012, 06:08 PM
" Page 53 – Lady Malys, The Crystal Heart.
Change the paragraph to “To represent the strange powers of
the trans-dimensional being whose heart beats in her breast,
Lady Malys and her unit cannot be targeted by psychic
powers.”

Dammit GW! They faq'd this because they saw that it was causing confusion so they release an entry that's still unclear? The wording still leaves room for arguments with GK players and divination psykers.

Archon Charybdis
09-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Unfortunately they have turned manreaper into a unique daemon weapon with its own complete rules,

It's own "complete" rules include being a "Daemon Weapon", which I can't possibly interpret as meaning anything other than "uses the daemon weapon rules." He still gets his extra d6 attacks and poison 4+ for being a Nurgle Lord.

daboarder
09-07-2012, 06:48 PM
then what I does he strike at?

I think I agree with you based on the other question in the faq regarding typphus but I know people who will argue.

edit: You'll also notice that they have turned "daemon weapon" into a chaos only special rule that gives D6 attacks at the risk of attacking the user, the other weapons then get ADDITIONAL special rules.

Archon Charybdis
09-07-2012, 07:00 PM
He strikes at I1 because in addition to being a daemon weapon, Manreaper specifically also has the Unwieldy special rule. If someone wants to argue Manreaper isn't poison 4+ and doesn't grant the d6 extra attacks, they'll have to explain how being a daemon weapon means not being a daemon weapon. Shrike's lightning claws are also rending, but that doesn't prevent them from still being lightning claws.

daboarder
09-07-2012, 07:54 PM
He strikes at I1 because in addition to being a daemon weapon, Manreaper specifically also has the Unwieldy special rule. If someone wants to argue Manreaper isn't poison 4+ and doesn't grant the d6 extra attacks, they'll have to explain how being a daemon weapon means not being a daemon weapon. Shrike's lightning claws are also rending, but that doesn't prevent them from still being lightning claws.

NO THIS IS WHAT A DAEMON WEAPON DOES

Daemon Weapon: This weapon gives its wielder +D6 Attacks in
close combat. Roll the dice at the beginning of each Fight subphase
the wielder is in close combat. If the result is a 1, the
model may not make any Attacks in this sub-phase and suffers
one Wound with no armour saves allowed

AND THAT IS IT! They now each have their own profile with the daemon weapon special rule, among others. MANREAPER does not have poison (4+) in its special rules.

However the confusion comes from the OLD FAQ queestion that has been left in

Q. Does Typhus’ Manreaper have poisoned attacks that cause wounds
on a 4+? (p55)
A. Yes, it combines the effect of a Plaguebringer and a force
weapon.
Q: Does Typhus’ weapon, Manreaper, follow all the rules on page 93
for Daemon weapons? (p55)
Q. Can Typhus use his force weapon ability on multiple models in the
same Assault phase? (p55)
A. No. As the weapon ‘follows all of the rules for a normal
force weapon’, Typhus can only use it once per turn. The
exception is that Typhus can both use the force weapon and
one of his psychic powers in the same turn.

so GW which do we follow?

Uncle Nutsy
09-07-2012, 08:10 PM
in the tau updated faq, it reads that shas'vre battlesuits are infantry (jetpack, character) but in the main FAQ, it reads that shas'vre battlesuits are infantry (jump)...

WHAT

dammit GW, you can't have two differing infantry types for one type of suit. Unless you want suits to move 12", and then have a 2d6 assault move.

i just thought of something sneaky. If you have half your army as infiltrators, and half the opponents' army consists of flyers.. you win on turn 1.

Archon Charybdis
09-07-2012, 09:24 PM

AND THAT IS IT! They now each have their own profile with the daemon weapon special rule, among others. MANREAPER does not have poison (4+) in its special rules.

OH MY GOD I CAN SPEAK IN UNNECESSARY CAPS TOO! Firstly, Chaos Lords only ever buy a "Daemon Weapon", there are not five separate pieces of wargear called "Daemon Weapon", "Plaguebringer" etc that can be purchased individually. A "Daemon Weapon"--the singular piece of wargear-- has a few different special rules including "an additional ability that varies based on the Mark given to the bearer". Plaguebringer is not a weapon unto itself, rather it is a special sub-set of rules a Daemon Weapon has when the model wielding it has a Mark of Nurgle.

Manreaper is a Daemon Weapon wielded by a model with Mark of Nurgle (i.e. a Plaguebringer); additionally it has some further special rules. Nothing about that means it doesn't still use all the rules of a regular Plaguebringer.

Learn2Eel
09-07-2012, 09:24 PM

However the confusion comes from the OLD FAQ queestion that has been left in

so GW which do we follow?

Calm the heck down dude. It's obvious - we follow both. The Manreaper has its own profile - yes. But the later part in the FAQ also says it is Poisoned (+4). How hard is it to understand?

Learn2Eel
09-07-2012, 09:26 PM
OH MY GOD I CAN SPEAK IN UNNECESSARY CAPS TOO! Firstly, Chaos Lords only ever buy a "Daemon Weapon", there are not five separate pieces of wargear called "Daemon Weapon", "Plaguebringer" etc that can be purchased individually. A "Daemon Weapon"--the singular piece of wargear-- has a few different special rules including "an additional ability that varies based on the Mark given to the bearer". Plaguebringer is not a weapon unto itself, rather it is a special sub-set of rules a Daemon Weapon has when the model wielding it has a Mark of Nurgle.

Manreaper is a Daemon Weapon wielded by a model with Mark of Nurgle (i.e. a Plaguebringer); additionally it has some further special rules. Nothing about that means it doesn't still use all the rules of a regular Plaguebringer.

This. It still says 'Daemon Weapon' in the Manreaper's profile. When you consult the Daemon Weapons section, a Chaps Lord with the appropriate mark gets the appropriate daemon weapon. Typhus' is unique, but he still gets the benefits for having a Daemon Weapon and the Mark of Nurgle, as the FAQ still states.

Filthspew
09-08-2012, 01:15 AM
Did nobody notice the brainfart with the maelstroms, nova and beam FAQ in regards to flying MCs?

It says gliding MCs when it should have said swooping.

How sloppy do you have to be? Now they can errata their errata!

Nabterayl
09-08-2012, 02:38 AM

Yeah, I just realised that reading the comments on the article on the main page :(

Dammit, if GW rules worked like M:TG rules, that rule on p. 71 wouldn't matter. Really, as those two sentences are one paragraph, you could argue that the Demolisher can fire all it's weapons fine, even on the move.

I ... don't think it says that, gwensdad. I don't see the conflict here. Page 71 states that "A vehicle that remained Stationary can fire all of its weapons," and then goes on to state that "a vehicle that fires an Ordnance weapon can only make Snap Shots with its other weapons that turn." Do we all agree from this that a vehicle that fires an Ordnance weapon can only make Snap Shots with its other weapons that turn, even if it remained stationary?

Page 83 then says, "For the purposes of determining which weapons a Heavy vehicle can fire (and at what Ballistic Skill), Heavy vehicles are always treated as having remained Stationary."

So ... a Leman Russ (moving or not) fires its battle cannon, which is an Ordnance weapon. We then ask what else it can fire. Because it is Heavy, it counts as stationary. Because it is stationary, it can fire all of its weapons. Because it fired an Ordnance weapon, it can only make Snap Shots with its other weapons that turn.

Wildcard
09-08-2012, 03:06 AM
Few personal notes from the faqs:

Rulebook:
- No word for "Force" vs "Feel No Pain", which one is taken first because both are stated "immediately after wound.." (Only that they cannot be taken to a wounds that cause ID )
- No word what happens to a model that has been set to I1 by enemy wargear, and that enemy dies before I1 (does it forego its attacks, if that Iniative phase has been passed, do it strike immediately, or will it just hit at iniative 1 phase)
- No word what happens if two characters fight against one character, and after receiving a challenge, neither from the pair accepts the challenge. Who gets to fight?

GK:
- Nemesis dreadknigt became even more badass monster, being only non iniative 1 ap2 close combat unit in grey knights arsenal, and with s10 & re-rolls..
- Personally i would have liked to see "The Perfect Warrior - Rapier Strike" Ruled to include Characters in addition of Independent Characters and Monstrous Creatures..
- Draigos Force weapon got specified as sword
- Orbital Strike Relay is still considered to be fired from the direction of the firer. (Kinda doesn't make any sense, but who am i to judge)

Imperial Guard:
- I hope that i am missing something, but to my current understanding, Leman Russes (Or in particular any variant that has 'ordnance'-weapons..) got more (unnecessary) nerf than boost with this chance.
- Vendetta and Valkyrie didn't get the "Vector Dancer" USR, unlike their Forge World counterparts.

Chaos Space Marines:
- Daemon Weapons ap2, without unwieldy makes these one of the most formidable HQ options in the game
- Daemon Princes being flying MCs (from a personal experience) makes them even more formidable against poor tanks :)

eldargal
09-08-2012, 03:23 AM
Thank god, they are sickeningly underpriced as it is. With luck FW will FAQ theirs not to have it either, they are gunboats and trasnports not fighters.

Vendetta and Valkyrie didn't get the "Vector Dancer"

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-08-2012, 03:26 AM
Indeed.
That was kinda stupid.

I like how they've stomped out Draigowing.

Nabterayl
09-08-2012, 03:30 AM
- No word what happens if two characters fight against one character, and after receiving a challenge, neither from the pair accepts the challenge. Who gets to fight?
The challenger picks which of the two doesn't get to fight. Page 64: "If you refuse, your opponent gets to nominate one of your characters from those that could have accepted. The chosen model cannot strike blows at all this turn."

Thank god, they are sickeningly underpriced as it is. With luck FW will FAQ theirs not to have it either, they are gunboats and trasnports not fighters.
I won't argue the price point, but isn't the fact that they're gunboats and transports rather than fighters the whole rationale for them to have Vector Dancer? They're VTOLs. A Lynx or Apache would absolutely have a smaller turning radius, even when moving at top speed, than a Typhoon.

Filthspew
09-08-2012, 03:33 AM
Here is a good one.

Q: If Chaos Daemons are allied to Chaos Space Marines, do they roll for scatter if Deep Striking within 6" of a Chaos Icon carried by a Chaos Space Marine model? (p73)
A: If the wording on the Chaos Icon’s description refers to ‘all friendly units’, then yes. If not, then the Chaos Icon only affects the specific units referred to in its description.

Not only does GW have problems reading and remembering their own rules.

They also have problems remembering their own questions when they answer them one sentence later.

isotope99
09-08-2012, 03:39 AM
I won't argue the price point, but isn't the fact that they're gunboats and transports rather than fighters the whole rationale for them to have Vector Dancer? They're VTOLs. A Lynx or Apache would absolutely have a smaller turning radius, even when moving at top speed, than a Typhoon.

Really they shouldn't be flyers at all, but its understandable that GW wanted to spread out the new rules as widely as possible.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-08-2012, 03:40 AM

My Jet on Battlefield doesn't turn that well, and it certainly can't hover.

eldargal
09-08-2012, 03:45 AM
With Vector Dancer they are as maneuverable as the best anti-air fighters and better armed, as they aren't supposed to be air superiority fighters they really shoudln't be as maneuverable. It's a balance thing, I wish GW had made provision for different forms of flyer but they really didn't. It may have made more sense to keep the VTOL type flyers as skimmers.

Wildcard
09-08-2012, 05:07 AM
and

With Vector Dancer they are as maneuverable as the best anti-air fighters and better armed, as they aren't supposed to be air superiority fighters they really shoudln't be as maneuverable.

My point was that by any kind of fluff, those type of craft should be way more agile than any air-superiority fighters. And atleast as much my point included the fact, about the inconsistency between GW and FW. I just found it to be confusing, why the same chassis of a vehicle gets suchs rules from one developer, and not from another.

It's a balance thing

I never said it wasn't.

eldargal
09-08-2012, 05:12 AM
Fighters need something to represent the fact they are zooming around dogfighting at inredible speeds and Vector Dancer is all they have at present. That's all I'm saying. Like I said I think it woudl have been better to have kept the valkyrie/vendetta as a skimmer to avoid this problem entirely.

Wildcard
09-08-2012, 05:58 AM
Fighters need something to represent the fact they are zooming around dogfighting at inredible speeds and Vector Dancer is all they have at present.

To say lets increase speed to the 'incredible' -levels so we can be more manouverable is poor logic. And even more poor design. Its a poor way to describe the desired role.

Not saying its your fault tho :)

That's all I'm saying. Like I said I think it woudl have been better to have kept the valkyrie/vendetta as a skimmer to avoid this problem entirely.

I think that 6th ed has taken it to the right direction, yet it still leaves a gap for the certain vehicle types. Also, the air-superiority speed could have been boosted with many different skills only available to units intended for air-superiority. Here just few from the top of my mind:
- Skill similar to strafing run, but affecting air-targets (for AA-role)
- +1 to cover save (cumulative with every other cover save buff)
- One-use equipments to mitigate damage

And personally I would have made Vector Dancer so, that its available to every plane, always triggering a 'dangerous terrain' type test, modifier based on moved speed. Sort of simulating the strain to the hull at higher speeds.. (fail means to lose one hullpoint, but no locked velocity)
18" success on a 2+ or 3+
24" success on a 3+ or 4+
36" success on a 4+ or 5+

turning after moving in shooting phase 5+ or 6+

Then easy modifiers in form of wargear. I am under the impression that eldar have the best anti-grav / inertia dampner tech, which could improve your test by 1 or 2 for example..

But i'll give credit for GW for the first time implementing to the 'normal' 40k something new..

//EDIT:
Forgot to include this from IG FAQ:
Q: What effect, if any, does the Scout special rule have on a Valkyrie or
Vendetta? Will this allow it to enter play in Turn 1 by redeploying 6"
onto the board? (p56)
A: It has no effect.

Scout for the planes do not grant outflank anymore? Or am i just missing something here again?

//EDIT

eldargal
09-08-2012, 06:50 AM
I agree it is poor logic, that is the problem with the way flyers have been implemented. If the valkyrie/vendetta have Vector Dancer as well then they are flat-out superior to virtually every other flyer out there. But Vector Dancer is a relatively poor way of representing anti-air fighters capabilities.

Gotthammer
09-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Rules wise it would have been cool to do it like Epic 40,000 did:
Flyer starts in reserve, you plonk it down wherever you want, it drops troops / shoots the bejeezus out of things, enemy gets a turn to shoot it down, and it goes straight back into reserve on your next turn to refuel and re-arm.

Of course then they wouldn't sell as many models ;)

Belial69
09-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Rules wise it would have been cool to do it like Epic 40,000 did:
Flyer starts in reserve, you plonk it down wherever you want, it drops troops / shoots the bejeezus out of things, enemy gets a turn to shoot it down, and it goes straight back into reserve on your next turn to refuel and re-arm.

Of course then they wouldn't sell as many models ;)

That's almost how they worked when FW introduced them back in 3rd. You plonked them on any board edge at the start of your turn, (assuming you passed the deserve roll). Then at the end of your opponent's movement, you moved it in a straight line as far as you liked, with a 45 or 90 degree, (I forget which), turn to face. Your opponent could then shoot at ANY point along the flight path, needing 6s and knocking 12" off the range. If the flyer survived it could then attack etc before leaving the board and returning to reserves.

Uncle Nutsy
09-08-2012, 10:38 AM
reading through the FAQ again, I see they've given Tau a really nice buff in terms of cover.

How does a 2+ save for your piranha, and a 2+ save for your hammerhead sound?

DrLove42
09-08-2012, 11:11 AM
reading through the FAQ again, I see they've given Tau a really nice buff in terms of cover.

How does a 2+ save for your piranha, and a 2+ save for your hammerhead sound?

Yes, Tau vehicles are now basicaly as good as all Eldar superheavies. If not better...3+ cover save even in the open if they moved. 2+ in nightfighting.

Just stick em behind a ruins (25%) or a defence line and you've got a hammerhead with a 2+ cover save....might make hammerheads back into lists instead of broadsides. Maybe

Demonus
09-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Few personal notes from the faqs:

- No word what happens to a model that has been set to I1 by enemy wargear, and that enemy dies before I1 (does it forego its attacks, if that Iniative phase has been passed, do it strike immediately, or will it just hit at iniative 1 phase)

I would say it was addressed in the Necron FAQ:

Q: If a Canoptek Wraith with whip coils is slain by enemy models not
in base contact and at a higher Initiative step, when do the enemy
models that were initially in base contact and affected by the whip coils
(and therefore reduced to Initiative 1) actually fight? (p44)
A: The effects of the whip coils/lash whips take place at the
beginning of the Fight sub-phase and last until the end of the
Assault phase, so the affected models would still fight at
Initiative step 1 that turn.

Uncle Nutsy
09-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Just stick em behind a ruins (25%) or a defence line and you've got a hammerhead with a 2+ cover save....might make hammerheads back into lists instead of broadsides. Maybe

I can see broadsides still being used if people are continuing the vehicle-centric meta, which I don't think will last too long given the AP1 buff.

SacredChao
09-08-2012, 08:30 PM
//EDIT:
Forgot to include this from IG FAQ:
Q: What effect, if any, does the Scout special rule have on a Valkyrie or
Vendetta? Will this allow it to enter play in Turn 1 by redeploying 6"
onto the board? (p56)
A: It has no effect.

Scout for the planes do not grant outflank anymore? Or am i just missing something here again?

//EDIT

Actually, you are :P The USR "Scout" allows the scout move and grants the "Outflank" USR. So the "Scout" rule itself does nothing, except that it grants Outflank, which does do something.

apahllo
09-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Some thoughts of mine...
For gk, their force weapons were always "unusual force weapons" because they had unique rules from codex gk.
Relic blade has a distinct profile now. So now no ap2 strength 7 captains. Relic axes ftw...

Faqs and updates are always good because there are always questions that are unanswered. But I believe when you have questions read all parts of all the rules that are applied to the situation you have questions about and things will be clarified... Most of the time. There will always be holes in the rules, that why the number one rule is to have fun!

Learn2Eel
09-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah, it's better now.
I remember some people trying to claim that a Relic Blade could be modelled as a maul, thus giving +4 strength to the bearer, and they'd argue it would still get AP3. Not that it ever made sense, but it is amusing how far some people will go to bend the rules in their favour.

apahllo
09-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah, it's better now.
I remember some people trying to claim that a Relic Blade could be modelled as a maul, thus giving +4 strength to the bearer, and they'd argue it would still get AP3. Not that it ever made sense, but it is amusing how far some people will go to bend the rules in their favour.

Oh my lol, that a great gimmick.
Its actually scary how people will read rules and justify things in their head. If I'm ever unsure I call gw...

gcsmith
09-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Oh my lol, that a great gimmick.
Its actually scary how people will read rules and justify things in their head. If I'm ever unsure I call gw...

I agree, I consider myself a rules lawyer. In the sense I try and follow the rules to the letter. That just reaks of desperation to get +4 strength and ap3.

I've a friend similar to the people who try that. He thinks Blood Angels Terminator sergeants can take the weapon. Or that the servitors in a tech marine unit can take jump packs...

Mr Mystery
09-09-2012, 03:05 AM
Here is a good one.

Q: If Chaos Daemons are allied to Chaos Space Marines, do they roll for scatter if Deep Striking within 6" of a Chaos Icon carried by a Chaos Space Marine model? (p73)
A: If the wording on the Chaos Icon’s description refers to ‘all friendly units’, then yes. If not, then the Chaos Icon only affects the specific units referred to in its description.

Not only does GW have problems reading and remembering their own rules.

They also have problems remembering their own questions when they answer them one sentence later.

Or they've just made it new Codex proof....

DarkLink
09-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Some thoughts of mine...
For gk, their force weapons were always "unusual force weapons" because they had unique rules from codex gk.
Relic blade has a distinct profile now. So now no ap2 strength 7 captains. Relic axes ftw...

Relic Blades were unique weapons already. +2 str is an additional rule.

Angron
09-09-2012, 02:57 PM
What irritates me to no end is they forgot about Abbadon with Daemon Weapon FaQ's. The way his 2 FaQ's interact leaves it even murkier than Typhus.

Old entry:
Q: Is Abaddon’s Daemon Sword Drach’nyen a power weapon and, if
the D6 roll for his extra Attacks is a 1, does the weapon rebel as
described on page 93? (p46)
A: Yes to both questions.

New entry:
Page 93 – Daemon Weapons, Daemon Weapon (Lords with no Mark of Chaos).
Replace the last sentence with the following profile:
Range S AP Type
- +1 2 Melee, Daemon Weapon,Two-handed

Daemon Weapon: This weapon gives its wielder +D6 Attacks in
close combat. Roll the dice at the beginning of each Fight subphase
the wielder is in close combat. If the result is a 1, the
model may not make any Attacks in this sub-phase and suffers
one Wound with no armour saves allowed.

The way this interprets with strict adherence to the letter of the ruling is that Abbadon has an AP3 (power sword), Daemon Weapon. The wording on the Undivided Daemon Weapon is even worse- Daemon Weapons, Daemon Weapon (Lords with no Mark of Chaos).
One could easily argue that it means that Lords with Undivided Marks can't take daemon weapons, as Mark of Chaos Undivided is still a Mark of Chaos. GW really failed on this one.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-09-2012, 03:16 PM
One could easily argue that it means that Lords with Undivided Marks can't take daemon weapons, as Mark of Chaos Undivided is still a Mark of Chaos. GW really failed on this one.In the current 'dex there's no such thing as a "Mark of Chaos Undivided". An Undivided Lord is simply a Chaos Lord who does not buy a Mark of Khorne/Nurgle/etc.

Tynskel
09-09-2012, 03:16 PM
It is quite possible that you are reading too much into this.

DarkLink
09-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Way too much into this.

NurglesBloatedEgo
09-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Can anyone clarify for me Abaddons weapon is it AP3 or AP2? I believe it should be AP2 since all of the other daemon weapons are ap2...but I just want to be sure. i.e. pointing out in the FAQ to back up the answer. Heated debate in my local gaming store. thanks in advance

DarkLink
09-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Abaddon's weapon is a Daemon Weapon, no? And Daemon Weapons are AP 2. Ergo, Abaddon's weapon is AP 2, unless there's something that specifically says "Abaddon's Daemon Weapon is not AP 2".