PDA

View Full Version : Stormraven Rules Confusion

Lovecraft
09-06-2012, 02:51 PM
So I've been playing my Blood Angels army under the new Sixth Edition rules and was discussing the way I use my Stormraven with a buddy after a game. I was telling him that with the way that they changed the rules for Power of the Machine Spirit I couldn't do my old trick of constantly turbo boosting To get a 4+ cover save while using PotMS to fire on gun. He pointed out that the Blood Angels FAQ says that the Stormraven can use PotMS to fire one gun while going flat out.

So does the FAQ override the BRB rules on PotMS?

evilamericorp
09-06-2012, 04:04 PM
This is clearly an oversight, that FAQ question was written before 6th came out and just hasn't been updated because GW is bad at doing things, but yes. The FAQ overrides the BRB

Tynskel
09-06-2012, 04:18 PM
GW is bad at doing things??!?!?!

I don't know.

30 army books. 3 game systems. FAQs. Models...
I think they are quite good at things.

ElectricPaladin
09-06-2012, 04:59 PM
GW is bad at doing things??!?!?!

I don't know.

30 army books. 3 game systems. FAQs. Models...
I think they are quite good at things.

Prolific =/= successful.

Profitable =/= quality.

Fans =/= good.

Your opinion =/= his opinion. Deal with it.

DarkLink
09-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Evilamericacorps slaps a "GW sucks" on pretty much every single rules related post I've ever seen from him. Just put it in your signature and save the trouble of typing it.

SacredChao
09-06-2012, 10:35 PM
So... Yes, you can turboboost/flatout your stormraven and still fire 1 weapon.... but would you really want to flatout? With the Stormraven zooming 18-36" while firing 4 weapons at full ballistics skill, the rest at snap fire, it doesn't really need the extra speed. I agree it's a weird rules quirk right now, but not really game breaking since only very very rarely will you need to flat out with one. Since unless you go into hover mode, flat out does not give you the cover save that it gives skimmers, and I'd let my opponent do that if I can hit on 3's with all my weapons and assault it :P

evilamericorp
09-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Evilamericacorps slaps a "GW sucks" on pretty much every single rules related post I've ever seen from him. Just put it in your signature and save the trouble of typing it.

I calls it like I sees it. It would not have been difficult to have someone sit down with each codex and write a comprehensive FAQ bringing every rule up to date for 6th edition when the rules were released, but they didn't do it. They still haven't done it. There are clearly huge, gaping errors with every publication they put out. Fortunately, the amazing quality of their models and fluff more than makes up for their lack of a basic understanding of the English language and rules structure... and their irrational hatred of competition.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Question answered; thread closed.