PDA

View Full Version : Eldar banshee head replacement

imperialpower
09-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Quick question for a conversion project I need some Elven style heads for some Eldar banshees I am converting without helmets could do with a few different options instead of having them all the same, any help will be most apreciated, cheers

Chris*ta
09-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Do you need to stay GW? If so, I'd look through the WFB Elf ranges, and the Dark Eldar and see what you like. The others you might consider are the Daemonette heads, although you might have to change the faces a bit, I think the hair is appropriate for Howling Banshees, and the enrages expressions should work too.

If you're looking for bits manufacturers, I haven't a clue.

I've always considered doing an Eldar army, and having the exarchs (and only the exarchs) bareheaded, based on some of the fluff they had in WD 127, when the Eldar were first properly released.

eldargal
09-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Dark Eldar heads would probably be the most accessible and the best. I would advise against daemonettes, they never look suitably eldar.

Chris*ta
09-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Dark Eldar heads would probably be the most accessible and the best. I would advise against daemonettes, they never look suitably eldar.

Yeah, I suspect that would be a problem, but their hair is so banshee-y :D

Autarch
09-07-2012, 12:31 PM
I've used Dark Eldar Scourge Heads. They look pretty good.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-W9HB8HxGyGE/Ty6x1j6WRUI/AAAAAAAAMxA/4fhqhUp4D8U/s640/DSC00460.JPG

Chris*ta
09-07-2012, 12:33 PM
I really like those conversions, Autarch.

imperialpower
09-08-2012, 04:56 AM
@Autarch, You have made some really good looking models there

Thanks for the help I suppose I will have to turn to the dark Eldar for help and make sure I wash my hands afterwards

Autarch
09-08-2012, 05:31 AM
@ Chris*ta- Thanks :)

@ imperialpower- Thanks to you too. The entire line of GW Elven/Eldar models are all pretty interchangeable. The bits are all pretty easy to get on ebay, and I've never regretted buying entire kits from GW either. The new High Elf and Dark Elf models have tons of spirit stones, banners, extra weapons and various trinkets that make modeling Eldar units a lot of fun. By the time the new Eldar models/codex comes out, and if you include the fantasy line Eldar will have as wide a bitz range as there imperial counterparts.