PDA

View Full Version : Thunderwolf lords, a query

Seirin
09-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Well, I've recently been considering starting a wolf army and thunder wolves seem....attractive. So!

1. Are thunderlords worthwhile? And if so, what sort of set up? Super killy, super 'ard or something between?

2. Are thunder wolf UNITS any good, notably when led by a lord

3. Any thoughts on a wolfstar?

ragnarcissist
09-04-2012, 07:26 PM
in 6th thunderlords are very viable, i run mine in pairs, one with runic armor TH/SS an saga of the bear, and the other with power fist /SS runic armor. ill run these in my two squads of 3 and 4 (i only have 9 twolves, trying to get 3 more to fill out the squads) they are very fast and will obliterate anything they touch. make sure the lords are upfront to tank some of the focused fire you are going to recieve (if ur opponent knows what hes doing)

running them in pairs ensures at least one squad is going to reach the enemy lines quickly.

armies not to run Twolves against: grey knights, mech guard, dark eldar

oh and they are a blast to model and play with!! good luck!

Seirin
09-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Avoiding GK players is like avoiding taxes, and I don't like tailoring lists. That said, would just become a 'pick your fights' thing and something to send the eternal warrior lord in solo vs certain things. Mech guard isn't common in my meta atm so that should be fine.

Ty over all. Was considering playing thunderlord and priest for HQ, lord running with a double pack and priest holding up the rear with grey hunter squads in rhinos. Thoughts?

ragnarcissist
09-04-2012, 08:36 PM
yeah i forgot to mention, take a priest with hunters for your warlord, you dont want him in the frontlines. but 3 Twolves will get taken down quickly by focused fire, anything expensive and good in 40k is better in pairs

Demonus
09-08-2012, 03:34 PM
twolves are pretty awesome, but I am constantly playing Guard/DE lol, so I dont use them as much as Id like to.
I have 3 new ones and 6 old ones that someone made (pretty damn nice looking) so I try to throw them in when I can.