PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Space Marine/Guard 2000 points.

SacredChao
09-03-2012, 02:26 AM
So here's a tournament list for 2000 Points for Chaos Space Marines with Imperial Guard allies.

Chaos Marine

HQ:
2x Daemon Prince, Tzeentch, Wings, Doomboltx2 (One is the Warlord, Both swap the doombolts for BRB Powers)

Troops:
2x Chaos Marine 10 man Squads, 2 Meltaguns, Champion w/ Power Axe + Meltabombs, Mark of Tzeentch, Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher + Dozer Blade.
Heavy Support:
Defiler w/ 4 Close Combat Arms

Havoc Squad, 7 man, 4x Autocannon
Aegis Defense Line w/ Quadcannon

3x Obliterators

Imperial Guard:

HQ: Company Command, Lascannon, Master of Ordnance

Troop: Platoon Command w/ Autocannon,
2x Infantry Platoon w/ Autocannon

Fast: Vendetta w/ Heavy Bolters

The Guard platoon is meant to hold objectives in my deployment zone while delivering long range support with autocannons. The Company Command will order itself to "Bring it Down" to improve the accuracy (hopefully) of the Master of Ordnance and take out heavier targets in conjunction with their Lascannon. The Havocs will Ruin some poor unit's day each turn with 12 autocannon shots (4 twin linked, all BS4) per turn. Obliterators will love terminators, as does the Vendetta. And the Chaos Marines will be forward objective grabbers/assault/shooting. The Daemon Princes will take Telepathy most likely versus power armor codexes, Pyromancy versus others (for the anti-cover).

Saint_Anger
09-03-2012, 03:46 AM
I rarely see anyone using Tzeentch icon, but if you’re expecting a lots of AP3 ranged & melee weapon while advancing toward obj., then go for it. IMO, 5+ invulnerable save is hard to get when you want it. I love those Havoc squad, pls tell us how great when they actually perform. Those 12 strength 7 shots would be very scaring even a dreadnought. Your list is fine according to your strategy. You’d better advance with 2 rhinos full of marines along with 2 Daemon Princes to one side of your opponent. Concentrate all your fire to any long-range threats, make sure your 2 Daemon Prince survive altogether long enough for close combat. Your opponents will get hard time to kill them. Gd Luck!!!

SacredChao
09-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Tzeentch is my favorite Chaos god, and if the thousand sons were a bit more cost effective, I'd use them. The Icon of Tzeentch is my concession to fluff, but it has been very useful. The look on peoples faces when they use a fist or thunderhammer and say "That's two squished marines" and you say, "wait! I have a save!"

The Havocs have been performing very well! Been using the squad for about 8 games now (since 6th came out). And they tend to do a lot of damage to anything they fire at, except termies. Even a squad of power armor gets the hurt usually.

I thank you for the input on moving the chaos marines and daemon princes up all in the same area, i generally have tried to send them at seperate objectives, but smashing the enemy lines probably would work a lot better!

Saint_Anger
09-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Tzeentch is also my favourite Chaos God. My Chaos Space Marines army always includes one squad of Rubric Marines, not less or more. Daemon Prince and ten-man Terminator squad also got Tzeentch icon to boost their invul save to 4+. Furthermore, as people rarely play Thousand Sons army nowadays, if you can paint all the CSM in Thousand Sons theme, that would be awesome. I plan to use imperial guard allies to my Thousand Sons also, and I will paint them to be like spireguard of Prospero in order to make it fit for Thousand Sons theme.

Learn2Eel
09-03-2012, 09:50 PM
The way I run my Tzeentch Daemon Princes now is that I give them Doombolt and switch it out for Psychic Shriek - if I don't get one of the two really good powers that is.
The short range is kind of a problem though.
In my area though, even though it is against RAW Chaos players are always allowed to use CSM Daemon Princes as Flying Monstrous Creatures (mostly because people don't think it makes sense that Chaos Daemons ones are and CSM ones aren't - that and the English FAQ being the only one that says they are 'Jump' and not 'Flying') - kind of a house rule on that though, don't expect competitive players or even many stores to let you do that.

Good list in my opinion, not many people use autocannons but I swear by them for the Prospero Guard army I want to do. No one likes that many S7 shots.