WarHammerman
09-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Main Detachment: Red Scorpion (Space Marines) 1750
High Lord Cullin (warlord)

x4 Tactical Squad
- x7 Marines w/ Boltgun
- x1 Marine w/ Plasma Gun
- x1 Marine w/ Plasmacannon
- Sarge replaced with Apothecary (Bolt Pistol / Chainsword)
+ Razorback w/ Las/Plas
[ A big number of guys, with FNP. The FNP helps make the plasma more survivable ]

Command Squad
- On Space Marine Bikes
- x1 Apothecary w/ Company Standard
- x4 Veterans w/ plasmaguns, Lightning Claw, Storm Shield + Melta Bombs
+ Razorback w/ Las/Plas [This is added to have another Lascannon on the field]
[ Speed + FNP +1 Toughness + 3++ Saves? Yes Please]
[Plasma on yer way up, meltabomb anything out of tanks, and then claw anything that gets too close]

Allied Detachment: Dark Angels (750)
Belial

Upgraded Deathwing Terminators (as Troops)
x4 Termies w/ Storm Shield + Thunder Hammers +
x1 Apothecary Termy w/ Storm Shield + Thunder Hammer + Standard Bearer
[FNP + Termy Savs + 3++? Yes Please, all the more]

Command Squad
x2 vets w/ Bolt Pistol + Plasma Gun (+Standard Bearer?)
x2 vets w/ Plasma Pistol + Power Axe (+Apothecary?)
x1 Champion Bolt w/ Pistol + Power Axe
+ Razorback w/ LT-LC
[I am thinking this squad needs a little bit of work. But all in all, rather satisfying]

Small Tactica:
Culln has a Teleport Homer, so I'll start the Death Wing + Belial in reserves. Using Deathwing Assault, they'll come in first turn right to Culln. He'll join them and they'll have a mery romp destroying together.

Bike Squad is my quick attack w/ their melta-bombs, Bolters, Claws and Shields.
While the others go for objectives. Dark Angel command squad will go after high priority targets.

A friend told me I needs Anti-Air, and I'm not sure where or how I should try to get some in.

Tynskel
09-02-2012, 05:03 PM
I would ditch the second command squad.

Replace with Fortress of Redemption. There's your anti-air and an awesome way to make your marines super tough: a bunker combined with FNP.

WarHammerman
09-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Having taken a lot of advice, and some hard decisions - here is what I'm thinking at this moment:

Main Detachment: Red Scorpions

Lord High Commander Carab Culln
Warlord

x3 Tactical Squads (10 man)
- x7 Boltgun
- x1 Plasma gun
- x1 Missile Launcher
- x1 Sargent Apothecary w/ Bolt Pistol & Chainsword
+ Razorback w/ Lascannon & Twin-Linked Plasmagun

Space Marine Captain
Artificer Armor, Plasma Pistol, Thunder Hammer, Digital Weapons
On Bike
[He will join the Command Squad]

Command Squad
- x1 Apothecary w/ Bolt Pistol & Chainsword
- x4 Veterans w/ Lightning Claw, Storm Shield & Plasma Gun
On Bikes

Predator Executioner
Plasma Destroyer, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, & Extra Armor

Allied Detachment: Dark Angels

Belial, Master of the Deathwing
w/ Storm Bolter & Sword of Silence

Deathwing Terminators
Upgraded
x3 w/ Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield
x1 Apothecary w/ Standard, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield
x1 Sargent w/ Cyclone Missile Launcher, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield

Command Squad
x1 Apothecary Veteran w/ Standard, Plasma Pistol & Power Weapon
x2 Veterans w/ Bolt Pistol & Plasma Gun
x1 Veteran w/ Plasma Pistol & Power Weapon
x2 Company Champion w/ Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, & Combat Sheild
+ Razorback w/ Lascannon, TL-Plasmagun & Dozer Blade (added cause I had 5 points left over) (razorback from AI2)

WarHammerman
09-17-2012, 06:36 AM
Okay all, sorry for the mind dump of stuff...But I'm trying to get this stuff out of my head, and onto paper.

And perhaps get a critique of the ideas.

Lets start at the top:

The Red Scorpions
Chapter Tactics: Swap out your Tactical Sargent with an Apothecary

OH MY DEAR FLUFFY LORD!
Okay, so the down side: We loose all the offensive potential of the Sargent, and his improved statline etc - for a 'mere' Bolt-Pistol, Chainsword wielding Apothecary.
Whom gives the whole tactical squad FEEL NO PAIN!

Being that I personally like to Castle Up, and pretty much fight via attrition this SINGS to me. I /love/ it.

So: a trio of 10-man Tactical Squads. I went with 10-men to get the special weapons (and so I could combat-squad if I want.)
The special weapons of Plasma Gun & Missile Launcher. The plasma is super sweet, and with those being able to be armor saved and FNP they're really not as scary as they could be. And the Missile Launcher adds variety, and thanks to the Flakk missile, it will be anti-air.
Not to mention the Sargent Apothecary w/ Bolt Pistol & Chainsword

They'll also allow me to bring in a few tanks. Best used when "combat squad"ed- but if nothing else, they can bring in more firepower. The idea here is that the Plasma theme is carried on.
The ones I've decided on Razorbacks, armed Lascannon & Twin-Linked Plasmagun. I really like this combo - the Lascannon is good anti-tank, while the plasmagun is good against a lot of stuff- and twin-linked is just icing on the cake.

The next "Squad" will be a big scary biker squad (but not a common one)

A Space Marine Captain, On Bike- he'll allow me to bring a Command Squad with me. And we'll see why in a bit
He's geared up w/ a Relic Blade (+Digital Weapons), and a Storm Shield.
- as I had stated, i love the highly defensiveness of it. The toughness is improved, and this gets him a really nice Invulnerable save.

Now, here is the squad he's leading
A Command Squad - all on Bikes
4 Veterans w/ Lightning Claw, Storm Shield & Plasma Gun.
- I love how this can be staged up. I can either twin-link the bolters for hordes, or rapid-fire the plasmaguns for the heavier enemes. I LOVE the combo of Claw & Shield. Claws are quick, deadly w/ their re-rolled wounds. And the shield is, again, makes them very hard to kill. And the bikes make them tough. One of them will carry the Company Standard, where in this case it gets them re-rolls for morale and pinning, and gives a bonus wound in close-combat resolution.
And, to top it off- an Apothecary w/ Bolt Pistol & Chainsword. So, once again - Feel No Pain.

So, we have a fast squad, with toughness 5, 3++, & FNP. A bunch of ranged attacks, and in close its deadly - with banner bonus.

Predator Executioner
In an effort to continue the Plasma Love, I found this GORGEOUS vehicle.
Main gun: Plasma Destroyer: range 36, no-overheat plasma blasts!!
And sponsons of Heavy Bolters to mow down most anything else. Threw on the Extra Armor, cause I knew this would be a good bullet sponge.

Now, for my Dark Angels Detachment:

Like above, I'm bringing a Command Squad. Now, at this time they can't be up on Bikes. But that's fine.

So the command Squad consists of
1 Champion w/ Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon and Combat Shield. He's a solid choice, and his shield will make sure he's on point.
I got two veteran w/ a Power Weapon and Plasma Pistol.
One of these guys carries the Standard One of these is my Standard Carrier, and this works by getting this squad re-rolls on Morale and Pinning tests (and they're leadership is now boosted to 10 by Belial)
Apothecary (carries a Narthecium) - and thus extends Feel No Pain to this squad as well! Allowing the 'safty' in using these plasma pistols.
And I got 2 veterans with Bolt Pistols and Plasma Guns. Again, the FNP makes the threat of Plasma much lessened.

This squad will be riding in style in a Razorback (also Las/Plas). Look in y Gallery to see this styling ride!

Belial:
Who doesn't love this guy?!

A terminator, with a Storm Bolter and "Sword of Silence" - I could have gone Hammernator or Claw-nator....I wanted to give him some better "Ranged" options.

But its not his gear I want. It his RULES!
First, all other Dark Angels use his Leadership 10 for Morale, Pinning and Leadership tests (Woo!)
AND He allows me to use Deathwing Terminators to be TROOPS (a great thing for an Allied Detachment) - and he can upgrade that troop.

So- here is a big chunk of my army points- but so worth it!

A squad of 5 Deathwing Terminators.
They all carry Thunder Hammer, and Storm Shields.
Being Upgraded by Belial - one is an Apothecary (there is that wonderful Feel No Pain again!)
One has a Cyclone Missile Launcher (which should add some more ranged attack capability).
And one is carrying the coveted "Deathwing Company Standard" bearer...
This is the best banner! Any Dark Angels within 12" of the standard may re-rolled failed Morale and Pinning tests (boosted by Belial). In addition, all models in the Standard Bearers unit add 1 to their ATTACK!
So - Thunder Hammers with 3 ATTACKS!! Ullgh!

2+ Armor Save, 3++ Invulerable Save, and FNP.

Now, what I've not mentioned - is Lord High Commander Carab Culln!

Carab has some GREAT stuff.
Terminator Armor - Iron Halo (4++ instead of 5++), and Teleport Homer.
Master Crafted Storm Bolter: solid.
Blade of the Scorpion: Master Crafted Relic Blade - that gains Attack if his WS is higher then his enemies. Oh Em Gee.

His Rule "Proud to Live, Prode to Die, Hard to Kill" is great: gives him Eternal Warrior. Plus, he (and other Red Scorps within 12") gain +1 to score for combat resolution. Plus, he gains Eternal Warrior.

Being a Chapter Master, he also has an Orbital Bombardment

He'll be joined by the DeathWing Terminators (via Deathwing Assault rules) and Belial will join when he can.

So.... a blob of terminators, 7 strong.
Guy in front has 2+, 4++, FNP - and Eternal Warrior.
for ranged there are 2 Strom Bolters and a Cyclone Missile Launcher.
For Melee there is a Relic Blade (self attack boosting), a Power-Sword, and 5 Thunder Hammers (each w/ +1 Attack). And a +1 to combat resolution.

So - carab is leading the way. Someone wants to S10 your squad? Eternal Warrior - not Instant Death. No Instant Death? FNP kicks back in. Ulllgh!
And if that fails, "Look Out Sir!" it.

Yeah....this army will be a tough nut to crack.

Kirsten
09-17-2012, 07:00 AM
looks pretty interesting, lots of apothecaries and terminators. Eternal Warrior does not allow you take take feel no pain saves against instant death attacks though, see the FAQ, he will still be handy to take a few hits on

if you like to castle and want anti air, then an aegis defense line with a quad gun might be a solid investment

Seirin
09-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Your second list has the captain with plasma pistol and thunder hammer - would swap the pistol to a storm shield.

I really like the army, combines a lot but your 'keystone' unit will be footslogging.

I'll be frank also. I'm a huge fan of Sevrin Loth - red scorpion librarian. Give him biomancy and watch his squad basically take endless amounts of fire. Iron arm on loth for T5+7, 2+/2++ from his armour (activated) and tank shots then endurance for FNP and 'it will not die' (and CA for when faster stuff charges you). Loth can usually ensure no S8+ stuff hits the termies to bypass FNP as well as shrug it off. But thats my two cents... not sure how well he gells with culln.

My biggest advice would be to lose the plasma pistols. They just don't do enough for the cost. Melta bombs generally offer more for much less, and a simple bolt pistol gives the +1CCW. Also consider what power weapons you're using. Mauls are AP4 but stun which can rock, etc.

WarHammerman
09-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Your second list has the captain with plasma pistol and thunder hammer - would swap the pistol to a storm shield.

I really like the army, combines a lot but your 'keystone' unit will be footslogging.

About Loth: I'm just not a fan of librarians. Plus, i don't have the extra slots (or points) to add him in.
Maybe next time =D

Otherwise:
Actually, I was revising this section to:
Bike Captain w/ Relic Blade (+Digital Weapons) + Storm Shield, Artificer Armor
- to take advantage of his higher inish, and get a nice strength bonus - and natural 3 attacks.

Bike Command:
Apothecary
x4 Vets w/ Lightning Claw, Storm Shield, and PlasmaGUN
- use the PG for distance work- or the bikes twin-linked bolters for more hordes (when you need more shots to count), and then Claw/shield for up close.

And thank you =D I like my list too.

Seirin
09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Tbh if it's not T3 or lower with armour 5+ or less, plasma will do more for hordes. Bolters rock gaunts tho.

Ok gotcha! Though, consider keeping the thunder hammer? The command squad already have a shed load of AP3 hits with re-rolled wounds, a few S8/AP2 attacks can help in a lotta situations over S6/AP3