PDA

View Full Version : I Love These Models

Yeahbuddy42
08-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Picture is attached

Saw these yesterday online and I think they are freaking awesome miniatures. Can't find them anywhere though.

Anyone know where I can get them?

Or... the picture is the first one in this forum

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75285

I think they might be an older version of the horrors model.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
08-31-2012, 07:35 PM
They're the previous (metal) generation of Pink Horrors, which were succeeded by these... chaos squigs? (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1290193a_99129915006_PinkHorrors40k1MPPK_873x627. jpg)

Sadly, they're no longer produced, you'd need to find 'em secondhand (ebay tends to have a couple of reasonable deals for them).

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 07:39 PM
They're the previous generation Horrors, ebay is your best bet. :)

I agree, they're cool.

Yeahbuddy42
08-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks guys.

Man - I haven't come across a model change that doesn't look as cool like this before. The previous models were awesome.

Thanks again.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 07:52 PM
No worries! - Fosters, good call. :p

Emerald Rose Widow
08-31-2012, 11:13 PM
God those minis are so much better than the current one, they are truly and delightfully horrifying

evilamericorp
09-01-2012, 12:47 AM
The metal lesser demon sculpts were better across the board than the new plastics. The bestial bloodletters with the axes were fantastic.

Deadlift
09-01-2012, 01:18 AM
pm me, I have some that are unpainted, if your interested.

5 of them, still unassembled and unpainted.

eldargal
09-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Well it depends, personally I find the plastic daemonettes superior (as daemonettes) than Juan Diaz' admittedly lovely cosplaying strippers.

The metal lesser demon sculpts were better across the board than the new plastics. The bestial bloodletters with the axes were fantastic.

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-01-2012, 02:17 AM
Indeed, they are awesome models - and what lured me to Chaos, along with the Flamers - both sets of models gave 40k some actual lovecraftian imagery, which appealed to me since that is what I am most obsessed with.

I loathe the current plastic models, they look far too cartoony and goofy - they should of gone further with the previous concept and made even more twisted abominations IMO, there was a lot of potential lost I think. I wish they would bring the old ones back in finecast, even if they cost a bomb - least there would be some choice.

Denzark
09-01-2012, 02:54 AM
The original slaves to darkness horrors are the best - the evil little sulkers on the blues and cheeky smiles on the pinks (or vice versa) very characterful.

magickbk
09-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Well it depends, personally I find the plastic daemonettes superior (as daemonettes) than Juan Diaz' admittedly lovely cosplaying strippers.

I'm in the camp that prefers the Juan Diaz ones. The new plastics have an odd sea monkey thing going.

The old horrors were way better. I think only the new plastic Plaguebearers are a true improvement.

sprugly
09-02-2012, 05:00 AM
Personally I prefer the Diaz horrors and daemonettes, and the new plastic bloodletters and plague bearers for me lesser daemons. I just with they'd update the greater daemons already.

Sprugly

daboarder
09-02-2012, 05:08 AM

I WOULD love the new daemonette's if they weren't so god damn static, seriously that whole "we we're aiming to catch them in a moment of stillness" is the lamest design concept/excuse I've heard.

the jeske
09-02-2012, 01:39 PM

:confused: wait a minute . striper netts < ugly netts . Unless am in some sort of bizzaro world right now , then most of the gamer population is male and at least part of the community is buying models based on looks .
Ugly models always bad , no matter what army they are for.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Ugly models always bad , no matter what army they are for.:P Ugly in the sense that nurgle models are also ugly. An awesome model depicting a twisted, ugly subject.

Yeah, the current 'nettes would be awesome if it weren't for the boring poses - I think that was done for WHF's benefit, since the 'nettes need to rank up easily in that.

Wildeybeast
09-02-2012, 02:43 PM
:P Ugly in the sense that nurgle models are also ugly. An awesome model depicting a twisted, ugly subject.

Yeah, the current 'nettes would be awesome if it weren't for the boring poses - I think that was done for WHF's benefit, since the 'nettes need to rank up easily in that.

That doesn't seem to have been a consideration in a lot of the other Warhammer kits. :rolleyes:

the jeske
09-03-2012, 10:59 AM
:P Ugly in the sense that nurgle models are also ugly. An awesome model depicting a twisted, ugly subject.
nurgle models are not ugly , they are nurgle . netts are ugly . they arent strippers , they dont look like demons , they dont look like humans with claws . they give me the feel of being plastic clones of those shaved old metal ones way way back from WFB only with crazy hair . I can deal with fire coming out of everything , maybe even with the smoke , but hair on any model female or not should not look as if it was just hit by a frag mortar shell.

+ I do agree that the old metal ones were more dynamic and where giving that "strike before everyone" feel . Right now they look as if someone made an eldar banshee look like a lumberjack .