PDA

View Full Version : Best Codex for Counts-As Demiurge

ElectricPaladin
08-31-2012, 04:09 PM
In the absence of any reliable evidence that actual Demiurge are coming for the Tau, what codex do you suggest for Demiurge allies? I think we're looking for something that's tough, unusually hard to kill, and probably melee/heavy weapons oriented. Most importantly, its Troops choice needs to reflect some or all of these traits so I don't end up taking a bunch of useless or out-of-theme models.

Any suggestions?

Bean
08-31-2012, 07:19 PM
In the absence of any reliable evidence that actual Demiurge are coming for the Tau, what codex do you suggest for Demiurge allies? I think we're looking for something that's tough, unusually hard to kill, and probably melee/heavy weapons oriented. Most importantly, its Troops choice needs to reflect some or all of these traits so I don't end up taking a bunch of useless or out-of-theme models.

Any suggestions?

Deathwing, perhaps. Tough, clumsy, high-tech armor, big crushy gripper things for powerfists or thunderhammers, advanced shield generators and missile launchers (or perhaps the missile launcher can be some crazy energy weapon)--that all seems in line with what the Demiurg are supposed to do.

Though there's supposed to be a new DA book coming out, soon, so you might want to wait and make sure that it would still work for that.

zenjah
09-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Codex Space Marines match the description you gave and are even Battle Brothers with Tau on the allies matrix.

Kevlarshark
09-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Plague Marines... Very Tough, shooty, can pack a punch in assault, but not too high initiative (only 3) so stats wise they are about perfect.