PDA

View Full Version : Necron Monotan 1500

Punisher
08-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Ok so I've read up on 6th edition and follow the forums but I don't have a lot of playing experience in 6th Edition.
Now I don't have any flyers so this is going to be a non-flyer necron build.

HQ
Overlord - 180
- Warsycthe
- Barge
Overlord - 180
- Warsycthe
- Barge

Royal Court #1
Lord - 70
- warsycthe
- mindshackle
- weave
Harbinger of Despair - 60
- Veil

Royal Court #2
Lord - 70
- warsycthe
- mindshackle
- weave
Harbinger of Despair - 60
- Veil

Troops
8x Immortals - 136
8x Immortals - 136

Elites
C'tan - 225
- pyshards
- moulder of worlds

Heavy Support
Monolith - 200
A.Barge - 90
A.Barge - 90

Total - 1497

Now this lists works on the assumption that the C'tan can be teleported through the monolith and that the monolith can teleport a unit the turn it deepstrikes onto the table.
If that isn't right then I would appreciate someone telling me as my list needs to be re thought out then.

Ok now then the idea of this list is that the monolith stays in reserve and then deepstrikes onto the table and teleports the C'tan to it. While the Barges move towards the enemy the immortals port around the board shooting vulnerable units until they have to capture an objective.

The Immortals will have gauss, the lord is there to tank shots as well as make the unit capable of assault if it gets assaulted.

I like the idea of using a C'tan in my army(makes it more fluffier to me), and this is the best use I can think of for it, since the monolith allows it to cover a lot of ground quickly. But if what I assume between the monolith and C'tan relationship is incorrect then I will have to remove him/re-equip it.

Alright so what do you guys think of this list? Is it too weak for 6th? Somewhat worried about fliers but I do like the fact that I can just rush/teleport behind them once they are on the board.

incenerate101
08-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Your list relies solely on tabling the opponent or forcing a draw. Your lack of troops will get you blown off the table and unable to win multiple objective games. I do however think the list will provide a fun game for you but realistically you won't win many games.

Kyban
08-31-2012, 02:42 PM
The problem with C'tan is they really only do well when in cc and they never make it. The enemy will generally be able to remove it in the turn it comes out of the monolith before it can charge in my experience. I just can't justify taking one but if you really want to I would check with your opponents about the ability to transport it with the monolith.

Punisher
08-31-2012, 03:49 PM
The problem with C'tan is they really only do well when in cc and they never make it. The enemy will generally be able to remove it in the turn it comes out of the monolith before it can charge in my experience. I just can't justify taking one but if you really want to I would check with your opponents about the ability to transport it with the monolith.

Well the codex says any non vehicle unit can be transported so that's not the issue, the question is really if on the same turn the mono enters if it can transport the ctan that turn. As for the lack of troops ya I can see that also being a problem but I don't see how I can get more without the rest of the army leaving them behind. Thoughts on how to include more?

Diagnosis Ninja
09-01-2012, 03:15 AM
Well the codex says any non vehicle unit can be transported so that's not the issue, the question is really if on the same turn the mono enters if it can transport the ctan that turn. As for the lack of troops ya I can see that also being a problem but I don't see how I can get more without the rest of the army leaving them behind. Thoughts on how to incluode more?
Best check is to see when the Door triggers. If it says "Start of the turn", then the Monolith needs to start that turn on the board. I've been looking into it myself, and it basically goes:

Turn 0
Deploy Ctan

Turn 2 (best case scenario)
Deep Strike Monolith

Turn 3
Gateway the Ctan

It's a hell of a lot of effort. especially when the Ctan ignores difficult terrain and can move 6+D6, leading into a 6+2D6 charge.

Better to probably leave the trick for games with alternative deployment, such as the table corners. Even then, there's nothing stopping you from using the Deployment zones to simply start with the Ctan that far forward anyway.

Punisher
09-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Best check is to see when the Door triggers. If it says "Start of the turn", then the Monolith needs to start that turn on the board. I've been looking into it myself, and it basically goes:

Turn 0
Deploy Ctan

Turn 2 (best case scenario)
Deep Strike Monolith

Turn 3
Gateway the Ctan

It's a hell of a lot of effort. especially when the Ctan ignores difficult terrain and can move 6+D6, leading into a 6+2D6 charge.

Better to probably leave the trick for games with alternative deployment, such as the table corners. Even then, there's nothing stopping you from using the Deployment zones to simply start with the Ctan that far forward anyway.

Alright thanks for clearing that up, not what I was hoping for though.