PDA

View Full Version : trying to get back in to 40k

08-30-2012, 07:18 PM
hey guys,

i have not been on here since 2010, I was one of the first people to join in on the lounge... want proof look at my join date (07-31-2009). That was when only 100 or so members were here...
Beside that I fell in love with 40k, especially lore... I never ever played... I enjoyed modelling, conversions and painting. I know more than most about 40k lore despite not touching miniatures in 2 years, I kindve fell off the grid. This was mostly due to not having any money and playing videogames. I really want to get back into this but I have no idea what I am doing. I just want some help figuring out what has happened in these 2 years, ignoring lore... im on top of that still...

edit: oh ye... for more credibility i made the 40k humor thread... a long long time ago

newtoncain
08-30-2012, 07:40 PM
RUN!
RUN for the Chopper:eek:

doom-kitten
08-30-2012, 09:11 PM
I feel the same way XD, and I've only been gone for about 9 months.

fuzzbuket
08-31-2012, 12:29 AM
we should have a "we were on BOLS befor it was cool" sub fourm :P

and i may still be subscribed to the humour thread...

Wolfshade
08-31-2012, 01:43 AM
In the last two years, the lore hasn't moved forward, 6th has been relesed, you missed 2 GW price hikes, 2 rants about GW price hikes, erm and some very vry pretty releases :D

Capt Forsythe
08-31-2012, 06:56 AM
In the last two years, the lore hasn't moved forward, 6th has been relesed, you missed 2 GW price hikes, 2 rants about GW price hikes, erm and some very vry pretty releases :D

Boy did they ever miss an opportunity to advance the lore. 6th could have seen the Emperor die, snuffing out the Astronomicon, or leaving it at a flicker through the sacrifice of the psykers. The Empire would be cast into darkness, a time of great strife, helpless against the forces of chaos and xenos encroachment. Sixth could have been the golden age of Xenos. The empire would be forced to the breaking point...only to have the emperor reborn in 7th edition.

Wildeybeast
08-31-2012, 07:29 AM
we should have a "we were on BOLS befor it was cool" sub fourm :P

and i may still be subscribed to the humour thread...

Wait, writing on the internet about playing with small plastic army men is cool now? Oh boy, I am so in there with the girls now!

fuzzbuket
08-31-2012, 10:32 AM
Wait, writing on the internet about playing with small plastic army men is cool now? Oh boy, I am so in there with the girls now!

well duh. everyone the internet is #swag #cool and 6'7.