PDA

View Full Version : Jaws of the World Wolf wording..

Garland7g
10-03-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm paraphrasing but in the desctiption for JotWW it says any "models" touched by the line must take an initiative test or be removed from play. So would this mean ANY model friend or foe...??

Chris

trjames
10-03-2009, 01:36 PM
I haven't got the codex, but if it says any models it means any models, friend or foe.

MuNsTeNbRaU
10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
I think it means EVERY model friend and foe.

Lord Azaghul
10-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Question on that - if it requires LOS - being a shooting attack: Does that mean that the 24" goes through terran - and say a tank, which would block LOS, or would targets out of sight be blocked?

Kanaellars
10-05-2009, 01:31 PM
my understanding is you have to have something in line of sight to shoot at.

Examples:

1 (or more) Greater Deamon 1-24 inches away, no blocking terrain

Yes, it can be hit.

1 (or more) Greater Deamon 1-24 inches away, terrain or vehicle blocking

No, you cant touch them

NOW, here is a 3rd, more tricky option.

1 (or more) models 1-24 inches away, no terrain blocking, AND 1 (or more) models 1-24 inches away, terrain in the way.

as in:

RP - - - M - - - T - - M - M

(RP = Rune Priest, M = Model, T = Blocking Terrain)

NOW, you have LOS to the first model, so you can target it. You DO NOT have LOS to models 2 and 3, but since you can draw the line, THEY STILL GET HIT!

That is my reading at least.

EDIT:

I just read it again:

"As a phychic shooting attack... trace a straight line across the board, starting with the rune priest, ending 24 inches away. This line may pass through terrain. Monstrous creatures, beasts, cavalry, bikes, and infantry touched by this line must make an initiative test...."

So yes it goes through terrain, and yes it hits yuor own models.

keithsilva
10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
So with that wording, it can not pass though tanks, skimmers, etc. so it would stop regards if there are troops behind the tanks 24" away. So all you ahve to do is keep them in tanks, or place rhino walls in front on them

TSINI
10-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't have the new codex, and havent seen it yet so bear with me,

I'm pretty sure the fluff behind it means its a big hole in the ground, so surely if by "every model"that includes vehicles and everything, friend or foe.

and unless it say "upto 24"" its a mandatory 24" line

EDIT: ah ok, no vehicles. but other than that, its still a 24" line, even through tanks (if it can pass thorugh scenery it can pass through (or under) tanks). I would read it as mandatory 24" at all times

Katie Drake
10-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Hm, you'd think that walkers like Dreadnoughts and Sentinels would be effected as well. Fair enough, though. Yet another reason to stay mechanized. ^_^