PDA

View Full Version : Space Conquistadors?

Necron2.0
08-30-2012, 11:23 AM
I know they make Conquistador head bits, but I was looking online I cannot find any images of Space Marines done up as Conquistadors. I find this nearly impossible to believe, given the existence of Imperial Inquisitor Torquemada Coteaz. I mean, come on. We've got the Crusaders (who ultimately failed in repelling the Muslim hordes). Why no Conquistadors (who actually succeeded in militarily driving out the infidel and heretic). I could easily see a "same as" White Scars army done up as Conquistadors.

Has anyone seen an army done up around this motif? If no, I'll definitely have to do one.

Kyban
08-30-2012, 11:34 AM
I haven't seen any but I can understand why. Conquistadors tend to have a negative connotation and Spain isn't a very common "go to" for military history. Though Crusaders have less of a negative connotation (don't know why) they seem to be more popular. I wouldn't say they failed either, they went to the middle east and tried to kill everyone and though they didn't get everyone they still killed a ton of people but didn't really intend to stay forever.

Necron2.0
08-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Conquistadors tend to have a negative connotation

A result of Protestant bad press.

and Spain isn't a very common "go to" for military history.

They should be. The Spanish had been fighting muslim invaders since the 700's, and eventually pushed them out of Spain altogether in 1492. In comparison the Crusades were intended to rescue the Byzantine Empire from Muslims hordes. The first Crusade was called in 1099. In 1453, Constantinople fell to the Turks, spelling the ending the Byzantine Empire.

Jmaximum
09-03-2012, 07:12 AM
To answer the original question: they sort of used to do that with with space marine scouts. They had these big billowy puffy sleeves and leggings.
Also, I am sure if you kit bash this guy: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440023a&prodId=prod1530032a&rootCatGameStyle= with any space marine you would be fine.
ALso, while I could not find the kit on the GW site, there used to be a boxed set of empire gunners who had both the old style conquistador half-helm and poofy sleeves.