PDA

View Full Version : Hellbrute Design Video - GW

Bigred
08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/embed/fMyKZS7Chig

Nice behind the scenes look at the design side of this monster.

Deadlift
08-29-2012, 04:04 PM
I go between loving this model, and then not being sure. However after this vid I can see it looking good in my iron warriors.

Emerald Rose Widow
08-29-2012, 04:25 PM
I really love this miniature, it is so cool, but I have the same problem with this that I have with many starter sets, you cant pose it. It is stuck in that one singular pose with no hope of ever moving it into another without a LOT of conversion work. It is a real shame to be honest.

To go on a positive note though, the thing looks frelling beautiful

SilentNight1647
08-29-2012, 07:14 PM
I really love this miniature, it is so cool, but I have the same problem with this that I have with many starter sets, you cant pose it. It is stuck in that one singular pose with no hope of ever moving it into another without a LOT of conversion work. It is a real shame to be honest.

To go on a positive note though, the thing looks frelling beautiful

I agree but you might be surprised how easy it is to re-pose a mini like this. A few creative snips and some green stuff and suddenly you've got a totally different pose.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-29-2012, 08:18 PM
I guess these sort of videos/pictures are what they will be doing from now on since they arent posting pictures of sprues anymoer it seems. I don't mind, It's better to see all the individual components laid out like that anyway.

As for the sculpt itself, it's definitly everything I hoped Chaos marine stuff would be like - I mean it's properly warped and mutated rather than just a spikey imperial counterpart - and I know some of you love that style and that's cool, but for me - this is more what i think of when I think chaos space marines!

Honestly, it reminds me of the old rogue trader stuff and it seems I was right about that being an influence which is great!! Just what I hoped for.

good work GW.

heretic marine
08-29-2012, 09:03 PM
can't wait till I get mine:)

Emerald Rose Widow
08-29-2012, 09:20 PM
I agree but you might be surprised how easy it is to re-pose a mini like this. A few creative snips and some green stuff and suddenly you've got a totally different pose.

oh I know, but even in assault on black reach you could twist and turn the dreadnaughts. I wonder if they will create the hellbrute with more weapon options for an official kit outside DA.

Wildeybeast
08-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Now this is the sort of stuff they should be putting in WD, telling us about the design process of the models, not the endless pages of advertising for products.