Infantry Platoon 502
-Platoon Command Squad, 4x CCW and LP, Commander has Bolt Pistol and CCW
-4x Infantry Squad -autocannon
-2x Heavy Weapon Platoon -3x autocannon
-1x Conscript 20 man
Fast 105
Rough Riders 105
-9 man -power axe on Sarg

What do you all think. The basic idea of the list, is that that IG provide backrow firepower, while Drop Pods come in in the enemies face. The 5 Termies, 2 8 man squads each with a Character deploy turn 1, so each squad is a threat to a lesser or greater degree. Most armies I have found, have some trouble dropping one marine squad a turn, so dropping 3, plus the firepower IG will provide will hopefully be able to keep enemies forces in check and give me early game momentum. Turn 2 will follow up with 2 additional Drop Pod squads. Covering my initial loses, while Rough Rider and Conscripts either A- being moving up, or B-staying behind, to help further the attack or counterattack.

Do you think this list will work, what do you all think?

Seirin
08-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Ok! Well to start off with, the BT. Looks pretty solid, you'll need to play around until you're confident about where to drop your pods, but otherwise fine.

You could consider dropping the claw on the marshal for a fist or hammer - more costly but...just more effective. Especially with a 2+/3++ to keep him standing.

As to the IG. Primarily fine, fair amount of fire power and mostly cheap cheap. Two points though; the power fist on the LC and the rough riders. You said it yourself, you want the guard to sit back. Riders are a combat unit, and the fist will usually be ID'd before it hits. So! In their place, why not try working a tank of some sort into the mix, a russ for the battle cannon maybe?

Schlitzaf
08-29-2012, 02:38 PM
The riders could function as a counter-attack unit, and even if I take cheapest HQ possible for 50 points, and droid riders I've have around 150 points (assuming I drop Bionics on marshall as well). That could get me a Leman Russ possible or two Hydras. I'm unsure if I should take the tanks, as being only armored unit (discounting drop pods) in my army will take most if not all of my enemies anti-tank weaponry, dropping it and killing some gaurdsmen (those T-shirts won't save gaurdsmen from anything). Also maybe I am blind but I thought allies do not have a heavy slot?

Seirin
08-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Errrr without a BRB with me atm I can't be sure! Fun times...

If a tank takes all the anti-tank fire, it saves your marines. If it doesn't, its a tank's shooting. Win/Win.

Guard counter-attack forces are still weak compared to most armies. Shoot and keep shooting = way to win.

Schlitzaf
08-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Errrr without a BRB with me atm I can't be sure! Fun times...

If a tank takes all the anti-tank fire, it saves your marines. If it doesn't, its a tank's shooting. Win/Win.

Guard counter-attack forces are still weak compared to most armies. Shoot and keep shooting = way to win.

Hmm on the 1st part, that thought does intrigue me.