PDA

View Full Version : Draigo/Cotaez list 2k

Seirin
08-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Okidoki, been mulling over an idea for a 2k list for a draigowing (mine is currently 1750 and stuck in 5th edition).

So..

HQ
Draigo 275

Xenos Inquisitor 122
Power armour
Psyker
Rad/Psychotrope
3 servo skulls
Plasma syphon
Combi-Melta

Coteaz (FoC 2)

Troops
10 Paladins 775
4 Psycannons
Banner
Psybolt
Apothecary
Stave
2 Hammer, 1 Sword, 4 Halberd
1 MC Hammer

Solodin 60
MC hammer

4 Warrior acolytes 102 (FoC 2)
Razorback w/ TL assault cannon, psybolt and searchlight

3 Warrior acolytes 98 (FoC 2)

Heavy
Dreadnought 136
TLAC
TLAC
Psybolt
Searchlight

Dreadnought 136
TLAC
TLAC
Psybolt
Searchlight

Opinions please.

Xenos/draigo/10pala would form the death star (xenos would be swapping out for prescience).

Biggest uncertainty is the solodin...do I stay with hammer and heavy-hunt, or do I swap to MC halberd and go solo smaller units? Decisions decisions.....

DarkLink
08-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Pretty sure the best use of the Solodin is as a cheap scoring unit. Unlike the acolytes and razorbacks, he's pretty durable and easy to hide. Trying to treat him like a Lone Wolf will get him killed, since he lacks a decent invulnerable save. Not to say that you can't charge him into a tactical squad or something if the opportunity presents itself, but I wouldn't use him as an offensive unit.

Drop the Apothecary. Not worth it. Paladins already shrug off everything short of ID, and ID ignores FNP anyways so it doesn't help there, and the upgrade is super expensive.

I'd also drop one or two of the TL Assault Cannons and buy another unit of something. You want one or two Razorbacks hiding further back so they can take objectives on your side of the board, and won't be exposed to too much enemy firepower. The plasma syphon probably isn't worth it either, though that's up to your experience and opponents.

With the extra points you can get a Rhino or Chimera with some DCA/Crusaders as a back up assault unit and bodyguard for Coteaz, or alternatively a unit of psykers.

Driago 275
Coteaz 100
Xenos Inquisitor 122

10 Paladins 700
Solodin 60

2x 3 Acolytes, Razorback w/ TL AC 196
2x 3 Acolytes, Razorback w/ TL HB 124
4 DCA, 2 Crusaders, Chimera 146

2x Psyrifle Dreads 272

Total: 1995

Seirin
08-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Oh I didn't mean I'd use the solodin as a suicide unit, but just as you said, as and when the chance presents.

The apothecary was more to make use of draigo leading the squad and FnP'ing missiles, las, etc, to save wounds. Still, if you still advise no I'll play around without one for a few.

In place of the DCA/crusaders or psychics, thoughts on either 2 more acolyte units (1 assault cannon, 1 HB) or a 2 jokaero/3 plasma servitor unit for coteaz to join and sit at the back blasting away? I'd need to make a little room for the latter but thats easy enough.