PDA

View Full Version : Crimson fists need help with new GW paints

Uberbeast
08-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Hey there, I'm looking to paint a Crimson Fist army soon, and I'm hoping to try out some new colors from GW's new paint line. I was hoping to get some advanced color scheme ideas using the new paints from people with a little more knowledge of the colors than I have.

Thanks.

DrLove42
08-29-2012, 09:44 AM
One of the new blues is called "Kantor Blue". Thats probably a good starter point

ChacoStylez
08-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Hey Uberbeast, glad to see another Son of Dorn!

I have a Crimson Fist army and this is what I have come up with for my army:

- For the Blue -
Coat - Black
Base - Kantor Blue (Can't go wrong with this one!)
Spot Wash - Drakenhof Nightshade (I went with a spot wash because it saves time and looks pretty good)
Layer - Kantor Blue (Not quite a real layer, just used to touch up any issues with the spot wash)
Edge Highlight - Hoeth Blue

You can then add another edge highlight of Lothern Blue, but I don't do this except on special characters.

- For the Red -
Coat - Black
Base - Khorne Red
Spot Wash - Carroburg Crimson
Layer - Khorne Red
Edge Highlight - Wazdakka Red

I went with Khorne Red for a Base because I like how dark it is, but Mephiston Red would be a good alternative if you like.

Hope this helps!

Uberbeast
08-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Great, thanks for the ideas. I'll be picking up some paints probably tonight and trying out a test model in the near future.

olberon
08-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Hey Uberbeast, glad to see another Son of Dorn!

I have a Crimson Fist army and this is what I have come up with for my army:

- For the Blue -
Coat - Black
Base - Kantor Blue (Can't go wrong with this one!)
Spot Wash - Drakenhof Nightshade (I went with a spot wash because it saves time and looks pretty good)
Layer - Kantor Blue (Not quite a real layer, just used to touch up any issues with the spot wash)
Edge Highlight - Hoeth Blue

You can then add another edge highlight of Lothern Blue, but I don't do this except on special characters.

- For the Red -
Coat - Black
Base - Khorne Red
Spot Wash - Carroburg Crimson
Layer - Khorne Red
Edge Highlight - Wazdakka Red

I went with Khorne Red for a Base because I like how dark it is, but Mephiston Red would be a good alternative if you like.

Hope this helps!

indeed thats the way to go :D