PDA

View Full Version : Banned from Warseer

eldargal
08-27-2012, 05:38 AM
I just got banned from Warseer...

You have been banned for the following reason:
Ignoring Staff Requests/Guidelines/Trolling

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

And I have no ******* idea why, because I haven't done any of these things.:rolleyes:

I did have a brief debate with someone about the merits of WD poll scoring but that was neitehr trolling nor ignoring staff requests so I have no idea what is going on.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-27-2012, 05:45 AM
What the actual f*ck?

eldargal
08-27-2012, 05:48 AM
I have a suspicion that one or two of the mods do not like me.

energongoodie
08-27-2012, 05:51 AM
Your just a rebel.

An internet bad girl extraordinaire. ;)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-27-2012, 05:51 AM
Well, screw them!

eldargal
08-27-2012, 05:53 AM
To give an example of some of the things I was warned over (I was one warning away from a ban, but I didn't do anything to warrant the ban)

Someone said something along the lines of:

Have you see the types of girls who play 40k? They need ot get off their high horse

To which I replied, jokingly:

Have you seen the types of boys who play 40k? Beggars can't be choosers

I got a warning for trolling and making offensive remarks.:rolleyes: At the very same time there was an ongoing thread entitled something like 'Why do gamers stink' dedicated to people promoting stereotypes about gamers.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Warseer sucks.

eldargal
08-27-2012, 06:01 AM
Yep. I'm actually a bit pissed off because a) it was unwarranted b) absolutely no opportunity was given to me to defend myself against whatever it was the mod thought I was doing and c) there are actually some nice plogs over there I was subscribed too. Not to mention Harry and Hastings and a few others I liked chatting to.

Wildeybeast
08-27-2012, 06:05 AM
Surely this is a blessing right? Now you can spend more time on here where you can have intelligent, reasonable and adult conversations with people who actually appreciate your input. ;)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-27-2012, 06:05 AM
Well, I think I am safe to say that you're always welcome here. Y'know, where people aren't dicks.

eldargal
08-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Yeah, but there were some nice project logs and I liked chatting with the rumourmongers. But god, that place was a cesspit in most other regards. The irony is that if I was banned for the little debate I engaged in, it was because I pointed out that voting a White Dwarf with new unit rules 1 out of 10 was completely unjustified. So I was in effect banned for calling Warseerites out for whining about GW.:rolleyes:

Surely this is a blessing right? Now you can spend more time on here where you can have intelligent, reasonable and adult conversations with people who actually appreciate your input. ;)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-27-2012, 06:11 AM
That's really, really stupid.

Wildeybeast
08-27-2012, 06:13 AM
That just shows how stupid they are. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism of WD when they deserve it, but moaning about it when it's actually giving us new content is just idiotic. Though I relied on you to collate all the good rumours from there, no way I'm venturing on there myself, so boo sucks to Whineseer!

eldargal
08-27-2012, 06:15 AM
It is quite annoying when there are a few people there who all they do is troll GW General Discussion with sarcasm and whining and even flat out call anyone who still buys GW products idiots and likens them to abused spouses and they never seem to get banned.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I can't ban people for having an opinion. They aren't being abusive.

eldargal
08-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Oh, the rumours won't stop coming by the way, I can log out and still view the forums still.

willowy
08-29-2012, 05:36 AM

And I have no ******* idea why, because I haven't done any of these things.:rolleyes:

I did have a brief debate with someone about the merits of WD poll scoring but that was neitehr trolling nor ignoring staff requests so I have no idea what is going on.

1) Copy and paste the whole message/email or don't bother at all, i mean sure it might harm your case but hey what do i know right? ;)

2)You getting banned on war seer was pretty much inevitable, that being said we will miss you in wastes.

3) You can indeed argue the case and 'defend yourself', quite a few bans have been reversed over the years, but again truth your posts dont always go hand in hand.

Regards a concerned Wastoid.

eldargal
08-29-2012, 07:10 AM
1) That was the entirety of the message and there was no email. Would you like a screenshot? So I fail to see how it would 'harm my case'. I cannot quote the offending posts I was banned for because they were, strangely enough, deleted by the one who banned me.

2) That says more about Warseer than it does me.

3) I cannot defend myself as I have already been banned. I should have been given the opportunity to defend myself before the ban. I am certainly not going to debase myself by pleading for a retraction after the fact, I have a far more enjoyable response planned. Save your snide insinuations too, no one cares.

1) Copy and paste the whole message/email or don't bother at all, i mean sure it might harm your case but hey what do i know right? ;)

2)You getting banned on war seer was pretty much inevitable, that being said we will miss you in wastes.

3) You can indeed argue the case and 'defend yourself', quite a few bans have been reversed over the years, but again truth your posts dont always go hand in hand.

Regards a concerned Wastoid.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Maybe I should reactivate my account and go on a kamikaze run?

eldargal
08-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Hardly worth the effort.

Maybe I should reactivate my account and go on a kamikaze run?

Also, the wastes is like the Oubliette except viewing and posting is restricted to people who actually donate mone to Warseer. So when Willowy says I will be missed there it is implying that I am talked about behind my back, basically. However given that the wastes is populatd by people who pay to keep Warseer running, this is like being told the village idiot is making fun of one. Hardly a cutting wound to the ego.:rolleyes:

WanderingLurker
08-29-2012, 09:40 AM
EDIT- Fair enough, I tried to soothe, but as it's not wanted, I'll take it elsewhere. Thanks for your time.

DarkLink
08-29-2012, 11:38 AM
On the other hand, the Mods do not ban for no reason, so by process of elimination there must have been a reason for the banning.

If we're talking about warseer, then 'stick up their ***' is a viable reason.

Chronowraith
08-29-2012, 02:31 PM
HORSEMEN.
we shall derail all the threads!

What's the point in that? Most of the threads are useless drivel anyway and the ones that aren't are usually locked by mods after a few days of reasonable discussion for no good reason.

:-)

eldargal
08-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Yep, on some blog or other someone posted a screenshot of their ban message which was 'trolling' because they complained to a mod that they felt one of their warning was unjustified.:rolleyes:

If we're talking about warseer, then 'stick up their ***' is a viable reason.

DarkLink
08-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I've heard of several cases like yours, where a perfectly reasonable individual was banned for a nonsense reason.

Dyrnwyn
08-30-2012, 05:12 AM

Warseer's mods have a weird tendency to give out warnings for bizarre things, which can add up into bans fast. I recall a friend got warned because he made an hyperbole filled analogy that involved a hypothetical dog dying. Also, they keep permabanning useful contributors for poor or flimsy reasons. I was surprised to see you banned there, though knowing the moderators there, I suppose I shouldn't be.

Necron2.0
08-30-2012, 08:05 AM
To recap what I'd said previously, Warseer is s cesspit thanks to their mods. The mods there are complete and thorough douche-bags, particularly "t-tauri" and "philbrad2". These aren't just my opinions - you can find similar sentiments posted throughout the gaming community. Frankly, you are better off not having to deal with the inane mewlings of witless drama mommas.

Barghest
08-30-2012, 01:39 PM

When I was perusing one of the rumour threads I noticed the "banned" label on an Eldargal post, and that was quite a surprise. I know that Warseer does some ridiculous crap sometimes, but of all the people who I'd expected to see banned, you were probably on the bottom of the list. It's sad that Warseer is willing to toss out someone who knows the source materiel and hobby, but keeps condescending morons like Avian and Rick Blaine around. Who are they axing next? MajorWesJanson? Harry?

Bigred
08-30-2012, 02:19 PM
I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at this entire affair.

Eldargal is one of the 40k community pillars, and dances between major forums like a Harlequin in the webway bringing news and rumors wherever she stops. For such a longtimer to get banned from any of the large sites is a big deal unless there was beyond the pale behavior involved (which is not the case).

The community is smaller than most people think and things like this can affect the reputation of sites.

If this was the action of a dim-witted low-level mod and is corrected quickly its one thing. If this is a senior mod action and Warseer stands by it, its not a good sign for the openness and diversity of their community.

Vaktathi
08-30-2012, 02:25 PM

Have you tried actually contacting the mods/admins via email to at least find out why?

I mean, I've been there for years spouting off like a jackass half the time and never even had anything worse than a warning which was rescinded a couple of hours later.

Vermis
08-30-2012, 03:38 PM
This is some stupid crap. Eldargal, we don't see eye to eye on some things, but you're one of the better posters and I like you (I do!), and banning you is Warseer cutting off it's nose to spite it's face. For any of the possible reasons you posted, it's ridiculously dumb.

But like people say, it's hardly a surprise with some of the trained gibbons Warseer uses as mods. I'm like Vaktathi: you know how much of a ranting tool I can be but I haven't had as much as a warning for any of it. All the warnings and infractions I've received have been for ridiculously innocent things. Openly wondering where my just-posted message disappeared to, posting links to standup videos, etc.

And while we're talking about Warseer mods: as ever, Wintermute speaks a load of cobblers.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-30-2012, 04:35 PM
I just sent this to the Admin.

Hello, I am Tzeentch's Dark Agent, and I am going to be honest for a moment.

I came here to voice a complaint about Wintermute.

Personally, I dislike this forum. I dislike EVERYTHING about it.
The layout, the colours, some of the moderators, and the general atmosphere of the board.

Why do some of you feel the need to constantly be zealous? ALL THE TIME.
Wargaming is that, A GAME. Do not take it so seriously.

And then I hear a story from a regular poster on my forum, I believe some of you may have heard of her; Eldargal.
WHY DID YOU BAN ONE OF YOUR MOST RELIABLE POSTERS?!! Do you people love to shoot yourself in the foot or something? Unload the whole six rounds?

She disagreed with you on some points. WOW. "I know what we should do! Insta-ban!"

That's not the worst part, you didn't even provide any evidence for the ban!

I cannot comprehend such immense stupidity, it is beyond my understanding.

Wintermute, I hear your a pretty col guy, you ban stuff and doesnt afraid of anything.

If I went around banning people like you then I would be extradited.

Here are some quotes, blow your minds!

This is some stupid crap. Eldargal, we don't see eye to eye on some things, but you're one of the better posters and I like you (I do!), and banning you is Warseer cutting off it's nose to spite it's face. For any of the possible reasons you posted, it's ridiculously dumb.

But like people say, it's hardly a surprise with some of the trained gibbons Warseer uses as mods. I'm like Vaktathi: you know how much of a ranting tool I can be but I haven't had as much as a warning for any of it. All the warnings and infractions I've received have been for ridiculously innocent things. Openly wondering where my just-posted message disappeared to, posting links to standup videos, etc.

And while we're talking about Warseer mods: as ever, Wintermute speaks a load of cobblers.

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at this entire affair.

Eldargal is one of the 40k community pillars, and dances between major forums like a Harlequin in the webway bringing news and rumors wherever she stops. For such a longtimer to get banned from any of the large sites is a big deal unless there was beyond the pale behavior involved (which is not the case).

The community is smaller than most people think and things like this can affect the reputation of sites.

If this was the action of a dim-witted low-level mod and is corrected quickly its one thing. If this is a senior mod action and Warseer stands by it, its not a good sign for the openness and diversity of their community.

When I was perusing one of the rumour threads I noticed the "banned" label on an Eldargal post, and that was quite a surprise. I know that Warseer does some ridiculous crap sometimes, but of all the people who I'd expected to see banned, you were probably on the bottom of the list. It's sad that Warseer is willing to toss out someone who knows the source materiel and hobby, but keeps condescending morons like Avian and Rick Blaine around. Who are they axing next? MajorWesJanson? Harry?

To recap what I'd said previously, Warseer is s cesspit thanks to their mods. The mods there are complete and thorough douche-bags, particularly "t-tauri" and "philbrad2". These aren't just my opinions - you can find similar sentiments posted throughout the gaming community. Frankly, you are better off not having to deal with the inane mewlings of witless drama mommas.

Warseer's mods have a weird tendency to give out warnings for bizarre things, which can add up into bans fast. I recall a friend got warned because he made an hyperbole filled analogy that involved a hypothetical dog dying. Also, they keep permabanning useful contributors for poor or flimsy reasons. I was surprised to see you banned there, though knowing the moderators there, I suppose I shouldn't be.

And from Eldargal herself:

To give an example of some of the things I was warned over (I was one warning away from a ban, but I didn't do anything to warrant the ban)

Someone said something along the lines of:
Quote:
Have you see the types of girls who play 40k? They need ot get off their high horse

To which I replied, jokingly:
Quote:
Have you seen the types of boys who play 40k? Beggars can't be choosers

I got a warning for trolling and making offensive remarks. At the very same time there was an ongoing thread entitled something like 'Why do gamers stink' dedicated to people promoting stereotypes about gamers.

Know the most gutsplitting thing? Most of these people only have 1 post, that's right, they took time to JOIN OUR FORUM to post these comments.
Does that speak to the deepest level of pettiness of your mods?

Call me a fanboy, call me crazy, call me a noob, idiot, whatever. I just came to deliver a message: Being on the internet does not excuse manners and common sense.

Think about what you do before you do it...
Agent out.

Chronowraith
08-30-2012, 04:42 PM
I think his avatar is from a studio ghibli film

Correct. It's from Spirited Away.

Kudos to you TDA for standing up for a little decency and accountability in the community.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-30-2012, 04:53 PM
My thanks.

I'm the hero you want not the hero you deserve... Batman... yadda yadda yadda. :p

Denzark
08-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Good work TDA more amusing than GW vs CHS!

Barghest
08-30-2012, 06:51 PM
This ball done started rollin', it did.

I like how we're all rallying around the only girl on the internet, haha

Shady
08-30-2012, 08:59 PM
I heard about eldargal's banning about 20 minutes ago and did a quick search to find this topic.

For the record, I wanted to know the story and believe it or not, I wanted to help.

We crossed words once or twice but I liked her and mostly enjoyed her input. She certainly wasn't one of the bad ones.

That's the point. There are bad ones, in any demographic of any size your going to get people barely worth that term. Warseer has them, there is certainly no denying it. But then, many people in this thread are not attacking any 'one'.

As a long time Warseer poster I found I was insulted 3 times on the first page of this thread. But BoLS is a place where intelligent, reasonable adult conversations happen where people aren’t dicks right?

Frankly, as my first time on BoLS I am not getting a good impression here but I hold that against the individuals (predominantly two), not BoLS.

Might I suggest we try using a different brush for different people and judge them on their own merits, or lackthereof?

2) That says more about Warseer than it does me.

3) I cannot defend myself as I have already been banned. I should have been given the opportunity to defend myself before the ban. I am certainly not going to debase myself by pleading for a retraction after the fact, I have a far more enjoyable response planned. Save your snide insinuations too, no one cares.

I would argue it says more about the moderator. To be blunt, Willowy was being a bit of a dick there. Some cack handed attempt at 'soothing'.

As for you Eldargal I can make enquiries if you want. Can't promise much, I'm only a plebe but at this point, it can hardly hurt right? Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't want to go back and I wouldn't blame you. But then, your not asking me, I am offering. Worst case scenario, there is something systemically wrong, there are still plenty of Warseerites who do appreciate and miss you.

Correct. It's from Spirited Away.

Kudos to you TDA for standing up for a little decency and accountability in the community.

While his motivation may have been laudable, expressing how he hates 'EVERYTHING' about Warseer, is standing up for decency?

In short guys, please try not condemning the entire Warseer community. We are all here for the same interests.

Barghest
08-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Shady, you've got some really good points, and you're right, all Warseerites shouldn't be judged by the actions of a few. While I'm sure we've all had some pretty memorable experiences while on said site, nobody would be well served by this becoming a "Warseer-hate" thread; furthermore, it'd just be catty.

But it is nice seeing how members of the community will... rally, I guess, around another member.

Now, who is up for spraying "ELDARGAL LIVES" on the subway tunnel walls and making Che Guevara-style posters with her Warseer portrait?

Shady
08-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Lol. I actually considered posting "what you think I haven't already" and then photoshoping her avatar, maxing the contrast till it looked all Che Guvera and then onto a concrete wall, but it seemed creepy.

Barghest
08-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Proof that great minds think alike, I guess!

eldargal
08-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Shady you do make some good points, Warseer isn't all bad. The project logs section is excellent and there are a lot of nice people there. Ironically I wouldn't have been banned if I had stuck to my resolutin to avoid the GW General section entirely.:rolleyes:

If anyone wants to contact Warseer mods and raise the issue with them they are a welcome to, but I'm not encouraging or discouraging it. I'm just staying out of it.:) I haven't contacted the mods about it because frankly I think one of them was just looking for an excuse to ban me. For example when I was received a completely unjustified warning (quoted comment earlier in the thread) I queried it and explained precisely why it wasn't intended to be offensive and could only be considered offensive by a ridiculously oversensitive person. The mod who reviewed my appeal was the mod who issued the warning, so you can guess how that went. In the end I just gave up.

Vermis, thanks, I appreciate that.:)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-30-2012, 10:59 PM
PFFFFFFFFFFFT

No warnings, no reason given.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Suspected Bot

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

WARSEER, Y U SO BAD.

eldargal
08-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Because bots are always criticising Warseer for banning me.:rolleyes:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-30-2012, 11:11 PM
HERP DERP DERP.

Right, no more Mr. Nice Guy. I tried doing it the official way, now it's time for VIKING POWER. :p

It basically confirms the point that every moderator on Warseer is a facetious arsehole.

eldargal
08-30-2012, 11:29 PM
One or two of them are decent enough, but then that may be just because I've not had any (negative) run ins with them personally.:rolleyes:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-30-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm sure I'll be able to deal with them. I've never had a motivation to dislike Warseer publicly, and now I do.

Vermis
08-31-2012, 02:03 PM
To recap what I'd said previously, Warseer is s cesspit thanks to their mods. The mods there are complete and thorough douche-bags, particularly "t-tauri"

He's just deleted a bunch of posts where people said "They banned who!?"

Not that I'm, er, trawling for gossip or anything.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 02:05 PM
Who was that Vermis??

Vermis
08-31-2012, 02:11 PM
T-tauri, or the 'who!?' (Eldargal) that 'they' banned?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 02:14 PM
I know who Eldargal is. :p

T-tauri, who is this person?

Vermis
08-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Like Necron2.0 said, one of the less likable mods. Almost every post in what used to be the last page of this topic (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?351112-Is-there-a-forum-where-people-like-this-game/page3) (ironically about why Warseer is full of carping, whinging and fighting) had some expression of dismay or frustration about Eldargal's banning (that's where I read about it myself) until he went through it and rooted 'em all out.

Dyrnwyn
08-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah, including several posts that were mostly relevant to the topic, with a single sentence or two talking about Eldargal. Guy's got a hell of a bug up his *** about this.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 05:50 PM
News update guys.

Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:44:30 +0100
Subject: Re: WarSeer Contact Us Form - Site Feedback
To: Dale Parratt

Tzeentch's Dark Agent

In line with established WarSeer policy, I cannot and will not discuss the banning of EldarGal with you because we do not discuss warnings or bannings with third parties, only the account holder because it is a breach of privacy. If EldarGal wishes to appeal her banning then it is up to her to contact us herself.

Wintermute
WarSeer Administrator

To which I replied

RE: WarSeer Contact Us Form - Site Feedback‏
Dale Parratt
To [email protected]

Then suddenly! BAN! Herpderp.

Do I look and sound like a bot?
You guys really don't help yourselves do you?

I actually send this message to you PRIVATELY so that I am not causing a scene on your forum, because, y'know, I'm respectful like that.

Come on, talk to me like a man, don't hide behind shadows and lies.
I have provided clear and supported evidence of your misuse of power, I think it is you that needs to be banned mi amigo.

Don't think that I am some defenceless neanderthal who is going to take this lying down.

Oh wait, I'm a bot. BEEP BEP.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-31-2012, 07:37 PM
I think that I should actually properly welcome, and thank, all of those people who have come from Warseer to voice their opinion and support of our cause.
Know this, so long as you are true of heart and intention, you are welcome here. I personally welcome you as brethren with open arms.
Should any of you need anything then I will happily be of your service. :)

- Agent.

P.S. Well done on proving me wrong in one aspect, you have proved that there are good people on Warseer, and you have provided me with the means to have faith in humanity again.

eldargal
08-31-2012, 10:36 PM
That's rather sweet, but how many posts of 'thank god the b*tch is gone'?:p

Like Necron2.0 said, one of the less likable mods. Almost every post in what used to be the last page of this topic (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?351112-Is-there-a-forum-where-people-like-this-game/page3) (ironically about why Warseer is full of carping, whinging and fighting) had some expression of dismay or frustration about Eldargal's banning (that's where I read about it myself) until he went through it and rooted 'em all out.

TDA, your cause? I'm the one who was banned.:p

eldargal
08-31-2012, 11:25 PM
Sorry to double post, but I just emailed this to Warseer admin:

I wish to appeal my ban from Warseer. I had not initially intended to do so, but the response from many on both Warseer and BoLS has changed my mind.

The ban itself was completely unwarranted. The reason cited is as follows: 'Ignoring Staff Requests/Guidelines/Trolling'.

This in itself is highly unclear as no specific posts were cited. Poor form to say the least. I can only assume it was the brief, polite discussion I engaged in with one or two others in the White Dwarf revamp topic.

I was not trolling. I was engaged in a polite discussion over people’s perception of White Dwarf and how it would impact upon a supposed revamp of that magazine and vice versa. I was not rude to anyone, I explained my position and each post I made had a point. At the time of banning I had ceased engaging in the discussion as I felt it had run its course and ran the risk of going off topic and becoming an argument between the pro and anti GW crowds.

I breached no guidelines, the discussion was not offensive nor was it off topic, people’s attitudes towards White Dwarf are entirely relevant to a discussion of its future. No staff requests were issued to me. I do acknowledge that an exceedingly old general staff request has been cited to me before but it was in no way relevant as I was on topic and within the posting guidelines.

I object strongly to the idea that I had done anything that warranted banning. It is simply not the case. At the very most an unofficial warning could have been issued to those involved. I am willing to accept it was over-zealous moderation and not malice that led to my being banned.

I would also like to appeal one of my warnings that ultimately facilitated my ban. Some months ago I received a warning for trolling over the following comment (paraphrased slightly as I can’t check the precise wording due to my ban):

"Have you seen the types of boys who play 40k? Beggars can't be choosers"

It was a light, flippant response to someone who made a comment that could have been seen as deriding female gamers. I made the comment to try and diffuse the situation, as a joke. It was embraced as such by at least two other forum members who engaged in some light banter over it. Yet I was warned for 'trolling' and being offensive. I protested at the time, briefly, before ultimately letting it rest. I now regret doing so and appeal it again. It was a light hearted joke based on the stereotype of the anti-social, unhygienic gamer, nothing more. At the time I posted it there was an entire thread devoted to discussing the stereotype of the stinky gamer which was left unhindered. I fail to accept that my comment was anymore offensive than that thread. By which I mean, not at all offensive.

In summary, I believe both my ban and an earlier warning that facilitated the ban were unwarranted and I ask that they be reversed. I believe that my contribution to Warseer has, on the whole, been a positive one as evidenced by many people, privately and publically, registering their dismay at my banning.
So now we see what happens.:rolleyes: My prediction: ban remains in place.

Build
09-01-2012, 01:41 AM
A solid response there, let's hope it gets something other than butthurt.

I've noticed a slightly blunt approach with modding too, had a warning a while back for deviating in one or two of my posts when I was giving out snippets of info from the new lizardman army book back at the start of 2009.

Though I was probably lucky, it came from Brimstone, who explained it would expire quickly and was nothing serious.

Some people seem to be able to dish out the nasties, but as soon as someone gives them greif or jokes back, they raise their petticoats in fear, leap up on the table and scream "Troll!" at the top of their lungs.

I like warseer, admittedly it's because I lurk in the project section and do little more than browse rumours and get feedback. Ironically it seems the people I talk with most all have "H" in their name.

Harry, Hastings, Hellbore and Hairy norseman.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-01-2012, 02:10 AM
It was my cause because you weren't doing anything about it. :p

Denzark
09-01-2012, 02:58 AM
TDA you seem to have left your email address in one of those posts - you may want to take it down before somebody suscribes you to A.T.A.F. Fan Club (Lock stock Reference).

Wildeybeast
09-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Quick, spam him with porn!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-01-2012, 08:10 AM
DONE!

Also, Wildey, I sent you an f/r

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Dale,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We have been discussing this matter within the team, and it appears your account was banned in error. As I'm sure you appreciate we are only human and mistakes do happen from time to time. I have revoked the ban with immediate effect, however your post was reported as Spam, and as such I have issued a verbal warning for Spamming, as outlined in our Posting Guidelines and Forum Rules which you agreed to be bound by when you joined WarSeer

I wish to apologise for the error in banning your account.

However, I would also like to add that for someone being 'respectful' I don't appreciate being referred to as 'Herpderp'. Some of the team wanted to leave the ban in place for the content of the email, and for posting the previous email to me on Bell of Lost Souls.

I am happy for you to remain a member of WarSeer provided you abide by the rules from this point onwards.

Regards

Wintermute

I believe that my first battle was in fact VICTORIOUS.

VI-KING TECH-NO-LO-GY.

Vermis
09-01-2012, 12:17 PM
That's rather sweet, but how many posts of 'thank god the b*tch is gone'?:p

To be honest I've seen more in this thread than that one. :p

Hope the appeal makes a chink in the wall.

Denzark
09-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Wintermute, eh? All I can see is an atreides I want to kill...

Aldramelech
09-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I can't understand why anyone would want to be a member of that forum..............

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't really see how anyone could possibly dislike Eldargal? I'm serious about that, smart, interesting and articulate with likeable quirks - definitly the kind of person I'd want to have as a friend in real life. Absurd this has all happened, and very weird responses from warseer mods, well at least it's been lifted I guess?

I can't do much, so have a Supportive Jumping spider instead ;
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/embodiedscrew/Eldargal.jpg

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-01-2012, 05:00 PM
She hasn't been unbanned, yet. They unbanned MY account.

I have however requested an exchange of sorts, more info to come.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Also, this is the reason I was banned:

You have received a warning at WarSeer
Dear Tzeentch's Dark Agent,

You have received a warning at WarSeer.

Reason:
-------
Inappropriate Conversation Topics

Tzeentch's Dark Agent,

I'm issuing you with a Verbal Warning for this post

Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent
Anyone been on that internet? There's some good stuff there on that internet...
which has been reported for being Spam. It doesn't add anything to the discussion and has been removed from WarSeer.

Please do not post in this manner again.

Wintermute

Necron2.0
09-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Also, this is the reason I was banned ....

Yeah. I received a warning from either "T-Tauri" or "Philbrad2" for posting a quote by Einstein ("Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein). I'd posted it in support of someone else's post (a forum regular) that was spitting bile on how ill treated he'd been at some tournament or other. In protest I put the quote into my SIG, and added "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools." -- Albert Einstein (my way of saying "F.U. very much"). Naturally they didn't get it, but after the third asinine warning from these two clods I decided life is too short to suffer fools.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Indeed my friend. :)

eldargal
09-01-2012, 10:30 PM
The project logs section is really second to none. Just stear clear of the Rules, Tactics and General discussion forums and absolutely never set foot in GW General.:rolleyes:

I can't understand why anyone would want to be a member of that forum..............

scadugenga
09-01-2012, 11:45 PM

And just when I thought that the BoLS Lounge was starting to stagnate.

Holy hells, what a completely a**tastic event to occur. Though reading about EG's Praetorians streaming into the fray is indicative of the BoLS level of camaraderie.

Of course, mods have tweaked the rules here to suit their needs too.

No forum is truly free from a mod going on a (usually) brief power-trip.

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-02-2012, 01:42 AM
I think I prefer this forum for just that reason. I've noticed the smaller forums tend to have a more friendly community feel and less aggression, so I tend to stick to smaller forums like this nowadays - my other favourite is the Troll Forged forum - allthough that is more aimed at the sculptors but id certainly invite any of you to join in.

Doubt ill be posting on Warseer anymore personally, just wouldnt feel right to me after this.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-02-2012, 01:55 AM
I think that it's a good sign that everyone is rallying to this. Thanks guys. :)

Wildeybeast
09-02-2012, 03:33 AM
The project logs section is really second to none. Just stear clear of the Rules, Tactics and General discussion forums and absolutely never set foot in GW General.:rolleyes:

Is that not a universal thing? I mean the 40k rules forum here is hive of idiots and opinionated oafs (and some of the people are both) :rolleyes:

eldargal
09-02-2012, 03:39 AM
Yep, but the 40k and WFB general discussions are fine, and the Mantic Dreadball topic has gone on for days now without anyone making snide comments about Mantic or GW.:rolleyes:

Wildeybeast
09-02-2012, 03:42 AM
Usually yes, just pointing out that even the mighty BoLS has it's fair share of cretins and trolls.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-02-2012, 03:50 AM
Trollface. :p

Mr Mystery
09-02-2012, 04:24 AM
Warseer is still better than Dakkadakka. A wretched hive of egotists and morons.

I've been banned from both!

Vermis
09-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Please do not post in this manner again.

It's this wording that gets me every time I see it. The hoity-toity jobsworth attitude encapsulated in 'this manner' makes the red start bubbling up behind my eyes. I bet Wintermute doesn't go to too many cons or tourneys, wearing a big Warseer badge with "Hi, I'm Wintermute!" on it. He'd never make it out alive.

And since he's obviously reading this: lighten up, Mutey. And tell the others.

Wildeybeast
09-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Out of curiosity, what draws you guys to Warseer in the first place? I only use one forum as I don't have enough time in my life for others and BoLS struck me as by far the most welcoming and least moron filled place, so I chose this. Given all the negative comments about Warseer and Dakka, I'm fialing to understand it's appeal. Can anyone explain to me why you want to be members of Warseer?

Psychosplodge
09-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Quick, spam him with porn!

Like he needs more...

And just when I thought that the BoLS Lounge was starting to stagnate.

Get up earlier :D All the fun stuff gets deleted before most of you Americans come on... (TDA:rolleyes:)

Usually yes, just pointing out that even the mighty BoLS has it's fair share of cretins and trolls.

It's a hobby....

I have a feeling I may once have joined warseer, but it seemed unpleasant so I didn't stay, dunno if I ever posted if I actually did...

Vermis
09-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Like Eldargal says, the M,P&T (modelling painting and terrain) boards, and project logs. I hole up there whenever I visit, occassionally rising to Warhammer Background, and the Sci-Fi&Fantasy News to take pot-shots at Raging Heroes. :p Whenever I climb further to FB/40K/GW General and Rules, I usually scurry back down in horror, sharpish.

And if I'm allowed a moment of hubris and sanctimony, sometimes people need turning from hobby advice like "mix water with greenstuff to stop it setting", "greenstuff is deadly toxic", and "Silicon Dragons is dead accurate because computers". Very occassionally I hook a new member for me own wee forum. I also learn stuff and gain links and contacts myself.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-02-2012, 03:39 PM
I had orders Psycho.

Psychosplodge
09-02-2012, 03:47 PM
lol it was almost kinda relevant just... (ok maybe the bondage wasn't)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-02-2012, 03:53 PM
No it was not.

In relevant news, I'm not sure if they're ignoring my request, or are just pansies. :p

scadugenga
09-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Well, he had either the audacity, or hubris (take your pick?) to take his forum name after an sociopathic murderous AI.

So, perhaps it could be either?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-02-2012, 04:34 PM
True!

I'll give him 24 hours (I bet he's reading this) to respond to my message or I'm going to escalate.

Justice will be served, vengeance will be swift.

Sean_OBrien
09-04-2012, 05:09 AM
Was slightly worried that you hadn't posted over there for several days...turns out you were just banned. Good to see you haven't been in any sort of heinous car accident though.

Wolfshade
09-04-2012, 05:55 AM
lol it was almost kinda relevant just... (ok maybe the bondage wasn't)

Bondage is always relevant, maybe you were doing it wrong

Kyban
09-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Like Eldargal says, the M,P&T (modelling painting and terrain) boards, and project logs. I hole up there whenever I visit, occassionally rising to Warhammer Background, and the Sci-Fi&Fantasy News to take pot-shots at Raging Heroes. :p Whenever I climb further to FB/40K/GW General and Rules, I usually scurry back down in horror, sharpish.

You make it sound like an ant colony ...... not sure if that's good or bad... :p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-04-2012, 11:30 AM
TERRIBRU. They still haven't got back to me.
I must now begin to plan my 4th stage.

Vermis
09-04-2012, 12:16 PM
You make it sound like an ant colony ...... not sure if that's good or bad... :p

I prefer 'ewok village'.

Psychosplodge
09-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Bondage is always relevant, maybe you were doing it wrong

Good point. needs more leather...

No an ant colony is an exercise in unity......an internet message board - not so much

eldargal
09-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Well it's been nine days and I haven't heard anything about being de-banned one way or the other, so I'm assuming they have either forgotten or have decided not to de-ban me and can't be bothered replying. I'd send a follow up email but that would involve effort.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-10-2012, 06:50 AM
I was going to send Mr Wintermute a reply email anyway, because he hasn't replied to me in a week. I'm going to tell him how dissatisfied I am and give him another chance to form some semblance of an adult conversation.

Sean_OBrien
09-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Out of curiosity - does anyone know where one might find a rules of conduct or other such thing over there? A few days ago, I had posted a link to a new Kickstarter campaign in their general sci-fi section. The thread was deleted, and I received a warning thing next to my name... Here is the Google Cache for the post:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ARnK7A0GCOkJ:www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php%3F352478-Effigy-Miniatures-Kickstarter-for-Havoc-Protocol-Miniatures-%28Sci-fi%29+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I'd ask over there - but I am pretty sure that asking would in fact be a bannable offense.

eldargal
09-17-2012, 10:58 PM
I've been de-banned.:)

Sean, you should be able to find the rules here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules). I believe they didn't allow Kickstarters because it was considered advertising competing with paid sponsors of Warseer. They didn't do a very good job at communicating this as some of the thread where it was spelled out were then deleted (I think, it's been a while).

Sean_OBrien
09-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Funny...I swear I have seen one, or a dozen threads on Kickstarter campaigns...

Ah well, didn't see anything in those particular rules which state anything that I violated. Just keep my head down till that mark against my name goes away.

Regarding the policy...I found it...sort of:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?340786-Can-we-get-a-Kickstarter-subforum/page4

Basically, they will delete it and ding you as an advertiser....or they might not. I think my post must have been made on an odd numbered day which fell in an odd numbered month during an odd numbered hour or some such thing.

eldargal
09-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Well the Bones KS didn't include a link to it so it was ok to talk about it, and I think CMON is a paid advertiser on Warseer so their kickstarters are ok. But then there was teh Dreamforge one and as far as I know there is no commercial arrangement between them and Warseer. It does get confusing.

Psychosplodge
09-18-2012, 01:55 AM
I've been de-banned.:)

But wouldn't you rather just stay here?

eldargal
09-18-2012, 02:00 AM
I am staying here.:p Warseer is in another tab, hehe. I've collapsed GW General and the Rules section so I'm just going to read plogs and the background section and try and avoid arguments with morons. Most of my time will still be spent on BoLS.

Psychosplodge
09-18-2012, 02:03 AM
and try and avoid arguments with morons

I can see that been difficult...

Wolfshade
09-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Does this mean that the internets has been used as a farce for good?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-19-2012, 01:27 PM
I will, of course, take full credit. :p

@EG - It's unbanned, my dear, not de-banned. :D

EDIT: What am I saying? No word exists as a negative for banned.

Wildeybeast
09-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Depends on where you put the ban.

Wolfshade
09-20-2012, 01:43 AM
unbanned, debanned, inbanned, bandless, irribanned, rock band, contraband, antibanned, abanned, disbanned, ilbanned, imbanned, nonbanned,

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-20-2012, 01:48 AM
All of which don't exist as words!

Psychosplodge
09-20-2012, 01:50 AM
I'm sure several do without even checking...

Wolfshade
09-20-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm pretty sure rock band and contraband are fine, and it would need to be disband rather than disbanned

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Well yeah, but there is no negative iteration of banned. It's already negative.

Wolfshade
09-20-2012, 02:20 AM
I don't know, the banning of some is positively positive

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-20-2012, 02:32 AM
True.

Gotthammer
09-20-2012, 02:41 AM
...and avoid arguments with morons.

So are you staying on BoLS or not :confused: [/ohsnap]

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
09-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Lol!

Psychosplodge
09-20-2012, 03:00 AM
So are you staying on BoLS or not :confused: [/ohsnap]

Should that not just question the venturing into rules threads?

eldargal
09-20-2012, 04:53 AM
Teehee! Yes.:p There are fewer morons and they are more easily avoided.

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-21-2012, 04:29 PM
I am staying here.:p Warseer is in another tab, hehe. I've collapsed GW General and the Rules section so I'm just going to read plogs and the background section and try and avoid arguments with morons. Most of my time will still be spent on BoLS.

Yeah, I really only look at the news/rumours part, backround section and project logs. The rest doesnt really interest me, at all. -_-

Vermis
09-21-2012, 07:54 PM
They didn't do a very good job at communicating this as some of the thread where it was spelled out were then deleted (I think, it's been a while).

:D ROFL

Warseer mods in a nutshell. Get 'em antsy enough and they'll even start deleting their own rules in the flailing confusion.

... and then less people are inclined to post new and different minis and games to Warseer, and most of it's populace will go about still under the impression that GW is the biggest fish in a tiny big-fish-shaped pond. :(

That is, if most of it's populace go anywhere near the Sc-fi & Fantasy and Historicals boards.

I'm just going to read plogs and the background section and try and avoid arguments with morons.

But then that just leaves me with Ludaman in the Raging Heroes threads.

Loken
10-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Warseer is a cesspool and the mods are immature controlling aholes. I got banned too. They need to grow up and get a life.

Mr Mystery
10-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Warseer is a cesspool and the mods are immature controlling aholes. I got banned too. They need to grow up and get a life.

You should try DakkaDakka.... Nah just kidding, it's far worse.

Up The Walls!
10-15-2012, 12:01 PM
2,738 posts I cannot get back from my life. (And a vast amount more that didn't count towards post count because they were made in the Chaos Wastes, which was actually kind of cool because we were all nutters)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-15-2012, 12:04 PM
They may be a cesspit, but I won my battle against them, I'M GLORIOUS!

Up The Walls!
10-15-2012, 12:06 PM
They may be a cesspit, but I won my battle against them, I'M GLORIOUS!

Basically, you beat up a disabled kid. Go you.

Psychosplodge
10-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Basically, you beat up a disabled kid. Go you.

That's an interesting way to look at it...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Hell yeah. :p

Up The Walls!
10-15-2012, 12:10 PM
GLORIOUS.

Oh, wait, I'm posting in other threads today. How rare.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-15-2012, 12:24 PM
How rare.

But yeah, I had to defend my lady's honour. :p