PDA

View Full Version : Trading Kits In

Learn2Eel
08-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Hey guys, this is a general question that I am curious about.
Put simply, do Gamesworkshop employees allow you to trade in un-opened kits/blisters for something of a lesser or equal value?

I recently found a very old Lord of the Rings kit with four untouched models (all metal); Saruman, Gandalf, the Palantir on its stand, and a Giant Eagle. The Gandalf and Saruman models are the same as the current metal models, except they have different poses (to reflect their duel in the movie). The Giant Eagle kit is now in Finecast, but the one I have is metal, unassembled and complete with flying stand and base.
The models are obviously several years old but are completely untouched and in top condition (they have dust on them is about all). Looking at the parallels (keeping in mind that the Giant Eagle is Finecast now) the models would have a rough value of $110. Given the Giant Eagle is metal, that would probably bring it down from the Finecast models cost.

I don't plan on using the models, and I don't know anyone that would particularly want them.
I'm not really worried about whether I can trade them or not - from memory my grandfather found the kit at a garage sale for a few dollars (when the kit itself probably cost about $80+ in store at the time).
If I can though, that would be swell.
Cheers!

olberon
08-27-2012, 01:37 AM
had some crap traded in a few months ago i got from an aunt. Employees didnt give me a hard time since all the boxes where still sealed, tho i didnt have a receipt

In yur case im not to sure they trade in metals especially since most of the stuff is finecast now.
Always worth a try tho.

If not ...... ebay is your friend

RGilbert26
08-27-2012, 02:54 AM
As long as the boxes are unopened and undamage then in generall they will allow you to swap, unfortuneatly i highly doubt they will allow you to swap anything that is metal as GW no longer sells metal models in store. Also anything that metal that is now sold as Finecast will most likely not be accepted.

Wildeybeast
08-27-2012, 03:41 AM
As long as the boxes are unopened and undamage then in generall they will allow you to swap, unfortuneatly i highly doubt they will allow you to swap anything that is metal as GW no longer sells metal models in store. Also anything that metal that is now sold as Finecast will most likely not be accepted.

This. If the models are defective in some way, they will gladly replace them and are very good at it. If you just want to swap them, I would have thought they need to be in a condition where GW can re-sell them, which means unopened and model they still currently sell. So anything metal which has been finecasted would be a no go I imagine. Of course the easiest way to answer your question is to ring either your local store or GW customer services and ask them, they are always very helpful with this sort of stuff.

Mr Mystery
08-29-2012, 01:20 AM
I managed to swapsie 5 metal Venomthropes without issue just a couple of months ago.

Give it a try. Worst they can say is no.