PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought

Fist
08-26-2012, 12:43 PM
What are peoples experiences with using the Space Wolf Contemptor Dreadnought? I realise that walkers have taken a hit in this edition, but I am just curious as to any use people have found for them. I am currently making three of them, and am deciding on weapons loadout.

Thinking of making two with double DCCW, the other one with cyclone missile launcher and magnatized for other weapons options.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Fist

Tusleplopp
08-26-2012, 12:48 PM
they are still good for tying up units that can't hurt them, running them as a shooty type works pretty well when targeting transports. If Flakk missiles are available it could be cool to have them as Anti-Aircraft units;)
If not anything like that, at least they will most likely be shot at :P

thelion
09-03-2012, 03:25 PM
i dont know about the space wolf one but i can tell you that the mortis pattern one is a GREEEEEAT aa tool if kitted out right (mine has the two auto cannons) mine has paid for its self in more than a few games

heretic marine
09-03-2012, 03:41 PM
use it how ever you would use a dreadnought, just make sure the cover is a little higher if your dreadnoughts use cover ;)

I play chaos so I tend to just use them as fire sponges or running death machines

Hurons_Champion
09-18-2012, 05:02 AM
Mate, using a SW Contemptor with Saga of the black cull against hordes, or foot sloggers is AWESOME!!!!!! One assault cannon, and a flamer in the claw.