PDA

View Full Version : Most anticipated Eldar 6th ed change?

Lost Vyper
08-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Yep,

Dunno if thereīs a topic relating to this, but here it goes. What are you expecting most in the new codex? Generally, i hope, that the BS on the vehicles would raise to 4 OR at least, there would be an option to buy "Targeting Array" :rolleyes: or something. Or then the vehicles could cost a bit more, but cīmon, we are ELDAR and no orcs, we invented some of these weapons!

Opinions?

DrLove42
08-25-2012, 01:59 AM
Without trying to sound wishlisty this can be hard. So i've also thrown in one or 2 bad things, that i think will likely happen

- Vehicles at BS4
- EVERYTHING cheaper (tanks, aspects even guardians)
- Physic Mastery beyond any other race
- Wraithlords will get nerfed down - T7 in line with Talos, but might get more attacks
- All catapults gain 6" of range
- Assault Vehicle of some kind

Lost Vyper
08-25-2012, 02:05 AM
- Physic Mastery beyond any other race

that is so true and Flyers, we need flyers in our own codex...

fuzzbuket
08-25-2012, 02:07 AM
id personally like to see a lot of BS/WS 5, because a) i hate everything being 4's (*wants his S6 GK back*) and b) because if you spend 3000 years training your going to be a better shot than some guard vet.

hopefully more wraithconstrics (and the wraith SC thats mentioned in the current dex, the lyaden autarch in essentialy a eldar dread :D)

viable storm guardians

cheaper hawks/spiders

not touching wraithguard. i like the option to have a 900 point unit that can kerbstomp everything :D

Lost Vyper
08-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Of course the BS5 would be SWEET, but i was afraid, it would be greedy :)

Autarch
08-25-2012, 06:01 AM
My big thing has been an assault vehicle. I don't need a new kit, the Wave Serpent is fine. That and Jetbike special/heavt upgrades. Fusion Gun, EML whatever. Like the guys on the Overlords said, the Eldar Dex has stood up like a champ, and weathered everything thrown at it, but its very stale, very static. Guardian units (Stormies/Defnders, JB's, Vypers, light vehicles etc.) need variety considering the very dogmatic specialization of the aspects. I'm a huge fan of the DE codex and its one I feel will stand the test of time, but remain interesting long-term because of the great variety in war-gear and unit types. I'm hoping for something similar with my beloved CWE.

miksaa
08-25-2012, 06:51 AM
Wraith Lords gets T7, but is also immune to poison attacks.
Wraith guards should also be immune to poison.

Also hope for way better stats for all units in regard to shooting and melee attacks; weak but with skills...

SeattleDV8
08-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Why is this wish list in the Rules Section,?
Thye question has nothing to do with the current rules.

SonicPara
08-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Assault Vehicle of some kind

This alone would make Eldar vehicles viable again. To be worthwhile they need a points reduction or a rework of Wave Serpent Shields (designed around the idea of mitigating damage through glancing hits, no longer works right with new rules) but just giving them assault ramps or a purchasable assault ramp upgrade would be enough to lift them from "useless" to "win some/lose some." It would also make Banshees viable as they require transports to get in to combat (no Harlequin fanciness or Scorpion armor saves).

Mr.Pickelz
08-26-2012, 12:08 PM
I would like to see Harlequins returned to their former glory, as in a "pure" harlequin list. With the rumors of the solitaire making a comeback, i can only hope this means good things for the space clowns of doom. Seeing Craftworld FOC changes like in previous codexes would be awesome as well as some Warlord Traits that keep in line with the respective force. ;)

Archon Charybdis
08-26-2012, 02:00 PM
-BS4 on vehicles.

-Very strong psychic powers and special abilities, Eldrad Mastery Level 4 (if Ahriman can cut it, Eldrad definitely should).

-Star Cannon and Bright Lance each need a 5-10pt drop across the army. Never understood how Bright Lances were so expensive even at the time the book came out. All around they're not as good as lascannons which are usually cheaper. (Also no twin-linking guns on the Wraithlord)

-Guardians cheaper and/or more effective in some capacity, maybe BS4 and shuricats being an 18'' range? Assault Weapons sure took a relative hit compared to Rapid Fire this edition. Also, 1 heavy weapon for every 10 guardians--wouldn't even require a sprue recut.

-Wouldn't mind seeing price reductions on a number of the Aspect Warriors, but I also like the idea of WS5 or BS5 for Aspects depending on their specialty--Incubi get WS5.

-Wraithguard need to come down like 10pts, otherwise I'd love to see them bring some real fire power, 18'' assault 2.

-I'd love to see Wraithlords gain more attacks base, or have the Wraithsword give more attacks. Adjust points up as necessary.

-Overhaul all of the Phoenix Lords, give them invulns for chrissakes, and drop their points somewhat.

-I think the Avatar is balanced for his points, but I wouldn't mind seeing him go up significantly and become a true CC beast--which is kind of what I suspect the deal with the separate "Avatar of the Young King" and "Avatar of Khaine" models is anyway.

-I would really like to see either as a change to Wave Serpents or possibly a rule for assault-oriented Aspect Warriors, the ability to charge out of disembark. That, or some other means (possibly like a WWP) of fast deployment of fragile assault units. Banshees are worthless with out it.