PDA

View Full Version : Dark Vengeance Advance Orders up...

Denzark
08-24-2012, 04:48 PM
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

gcsmith
08-24-2012, 04:55 PM
good catch, was going to go into store tomoz to pre order, but decided to do it now while special edition was still in stock

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Hmmmm... That Chaplain may be the best plastic model that Games Workshop have ever produced.

Dru
08-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Think its a clam shell style ?
How come there are no Plastic 40k clam shell plastics yet ?

ow and ordered

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-24-2012, 05:22 PM
I suppose it could be clam shell in the box... Would make sense.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Actually, I love how menacing the Librarian looks, he's really smug and grim-looking, he's cool.

Cpt Codpiece
08-24-2012, 05:39 PM
woot order placed.

loving the 360 views on the minis though. the little demonic backpack reloading the bolter is so cool, and the spines on the lord are wicked.

i forsee plastic librarian sprue coming soon, with the detail on the hood of lib, but i am really shocked at the quality of the new snap fit kits. the chaos chosen champion and the lord have some insane details (little demon on shoulder, reloader and the general organic nature of the chaos sculpts)

i cant wait till release now....... why no release date on site GW????? :confused:

Mobynick
08-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Order up!!! I can't wait to paint my Dark angles white :p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-24-2012, 06:00 PM
woot order placed.

loving the 360 views on the minis though. the little demonic backpack reloading the bolter is so cool, and the spines on the lord are wicked.

i forsee plastic librarian sprue coming soon, with the detail on the hood of lib, but i am really shocked at the quality of the new snap fit kits. the chaos chosen champion and the lord have some insane details (little demon on shoulder, reloader and the general organic nature of the chaos sculpts)

i cant wait till release now....... why no release date on site GW????? :confused:

Ship to a Hobby Centre: The Dark Vengeance products launch on the September 1st. Place your order by midnight Sunday 26th August, choose to have them delivered to your local Games Workshop Hobby Centre, and we'll guarantee they'll be there for you to pick up on launch day - absolutely free of charge.

Ship to any other address:Place your order for Dark Vengeance by Wednesday 29th August, and we'll despatch it on Friday 31st August. Delivery times may vary according to your chosen shipping method.

:p

Cpt Codpiece
08-24-2012, 06:02 PM
LOL i didnt see that bit :D

not bad so not too long to wait, that is good.

Kirsten
08-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Shall have to find someone who wants dark angels

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Nice to see the higher quality pictures and other angles!

The chaos marine stuff is still the best IMO. It reminds me so much of the old Realms of chaos type traitors, with the super-warped/semi HR giger esque style. DA stuff is decent but I think the chaos side really shows them up.

I will probably buy this boxed set, but wait till I can get a discount, so ill probably wait for the regular version. It sucks being poor :p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Nice to see the higher quality pictures and other angles!

The chaos marine stuff is still the best IMO. It reminds me so much of the old Realms of chaos type traitors, with the super-warped/semi HR giger esque style. DA stuff is decent but I think the chaos side really shows them up.

I will probably buy this boxed set, but wait till I can get a discount, so ill probably wait for the regular version. It sucks being poor :p

I'm a staunch Imperialist. I love their clean, smooth armour. They look like Knights, which is what the Dark Angels are all about. :D

Farseer Uthiliesh
08-24-2012, 06:30 PM
woot order placed.

That was the best part, in all honesty. However, the range of models is astonishing.

Iyandagar
08-24-2012, 07:58 PM
...rolled in from cinema at 2.45am, logged on checked GW pre ordered and I CANNOT wait for this as I collect both forces... Squeeeeeeee and I don't usually squeeeeeeee in public....

incenerate101
08-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Oh man this box is going to be great for my early heresy Emperors Children :D CANT WAIT

eldargal
08-24-2012, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't go that far, he is nice though. Seems a bit portly. I hink the Chaos Lord is as nice in its own way and the hellbrute is simply breathtaking in its chaotic ickiness.

Hmmmm... That Chaplain may be the best plastic model that Games Workshop have ever produced.

keldor81
08-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Order complete! The girl ordered this up for my birthday and I cannot wait for this. I got the Black Reach set and 6th ed core book at GenCon last weekend so I could try out the Orks and have extra Dark Angels for the new set. Bought some new paints today along with some Ork bikers and think im gonna spend tomorrow working on Black Reach. I have not played 40k before but im weirdly excited to give it a try. Worse comes to worse I can use the wicked bad Cultists in my Dark Heresy campaign with my family.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-25-2012, 01:41 AM
I wouldn't go that far, he is nice though. Seems a bit portly. I hink the Chaos Lord is as nice in its own way and the hellbrute is simply breathtaking in its chaotic ickiness.

As previously mentioned, I actually think that the Librarian is better, he looks smug and menacing.
I'm not a fan of Chaos really, I like order. The Dark Angels are very ordered.

eldargal
08-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Ordered mine, not bothering with the figure case or novel/audio book. I'm thinking I'll go with Emperor's Children for the CSM on the basis that eldar created Slaanesh, She sort of being an eldar god in a way, so the CSM are in a way worshipping eldar. Which is good and proper.:rolleyes:

I actually like the DA captain a lot more than I thought I would, very regal. Inb4feathersrthenewskullz.

As previously mentioned, I actually think that the Librarian is better, he looks smug and menacing.
I'm not a fan of Chaos really, I like order. The Dark Angels are very ordered.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-25-2012, 01:46 AM
She Who Thirsts is alll that is bad about Eldar, all their cagey desires, all their lustful sins. Also, I hate Slaanesh most of all. :p

I'm sorted for my stuff. :D

DrLove42
08-25-2012, 01:56 AM
Purchased!

All very sexy looking, should be good!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-25-2012, 02:00 AM
It will be a good day

Wildeybeast
08-25-2012, 02:35 AM
The models are pretty sweet, not overly excited as I don't collect either of those armies. I am however very interested in the new figure custom figure case. Here's hoping this is just the start of many!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-25-2012, 02:37 AM
I can't see how they'll develop that further though, the only real way they could is by doing tank slots.

Wildeybeast
08-25-2012, 02:43 AM
Army specific ones. Other companies already do them. For example you make an Empire one that is custom fit for the Griffon and the pope mobile, along with slots for cav and infantry. Would work well for the limited box sets - the one Battlefoam made for Dreadfleet was fantastic.

Edit: Also GW are fed up of losing trade to other companies when they could be making these sort of things themselves.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-25-2012, 02:46 AM
Nice! I could do with Necron ones.

Wildeybeast
08-25-2012, 02:52 AM
Exactly. You could have big one that fits all the weird vehicle shapes and one for the infantry.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-25-2012, 02:53 AM
All dem lovely Gauss and Tesla weapons that people hate. :p

Deadlift
08-25-2012, 04:17 AM
The custom cut foam is nice, I hope GW expand on that. However battle foams custom trays and cases are going to take some beating. The new Black Label cases look nice and the promo video sold me. Fire proof, water proof and Truck proof is all shades of awesome.

I am a salamanders and gk player. I was thinking of trying chaos and even started some iron warriors with the intention of painting these models as IW. But to be honest now the initial excitement is waned a bit after the leaks, I may hang fire. I am enjoying the vanilla dex at the moment with 6th ed changes.

Necron2.0
08-25-2012, 05:26 AM
Yeah! I'm officially on the bandwagon, drinkin' the Kool-Aid!!

Actually, ordered it roughly nine hours ago, just before putting my daughter to bed. As my fingers typed I was thinking, "This is stupid. I should wait. All I want is the book." Slaanesh was behind me, though, whispering "Aw, what the hell?"

Bracchus
08-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Damn! Those minis looks really nice, love the chaos marines and hellbrute!! Hell, all of them looks really nice, only the cultist and tac-squad are kinda meh. But since they are troops they don't have to be brilliant. :)
Orderd from my local gaming store, cheaper than directly from GW and always nice to support the small retailers. :)

gcsmith
08-25-2012, 11:31 AM
worked it out to around £180 value on the mini's along. Not counting the rule book. Also considering you get basically a battle force for each army. you could buy for the value add on and sell the other set

Filthspew
08-25-2012, 12:09 PM
She Who Thirsts is alll that is bad about Eldar, all their cagey desires, all their lustful sins. Also, I hate Slaanesh most of all. :p

"Hear,
me,
now.
For crimes should be treasured,
If they bring thee pleasure,
Somehow"

- Cradle of Filth, Cruelty brought three orchids -

Mr. Furious
08-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Spikey Bits is offering the limited edition sets for sale. Does anyone know if Miniature Market will have the LE set as well? Just not feeling the full retail price for one extra model.

Deadlift
08-25-2012, 01:07 PM
The custom cut foam is nice, I hope GW expand on that. However battle foams custom trays and cases are going to take some beating. The new Black Label cases look nice and the promo video sold me. Fire proof, water proof and Truck proof is all shades of awesome.

I am a salamanders and gk player. I was thinking of trying chaos and even started some iron warriors with the intention of painting these models as IW. But to be honest now the initial excitement is waned a bit after the leaks, I may hang fire. I am enjoying the vanilla dex at the moment with 6th ed changes.

Yeah who am I kidding, just ordered it.

Rapture
08-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Spikey Bits is offering the limited edition sets for sale. Does anyone know if Miniature Market will have the LE set as well? Just not feeling the full retail price for one extra model.

The only thing that the fat little chaplain has going for him is the fact that he is a Limited Edition - which means nothing more that you want it to mean.

gcsmith
08-25-2012, 02:16 PM
The only thing that the fat little chaplain has going for him is the fact that he is a Limited Edition - which means nothing more that you want it to mean.

I think he's a nice looking model.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-25-2012, 02:31 PM
I've noticed, this is the second release now where there has been no Sprue pictures. The Daemon wave beforehand had (and still doesnt) have sprue pictures. Wonder why they arent doing that anymore?

plawolf
08-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Ordered two sets. Loving the 360 views so far, but that termie serg is definitely getting those silly wings clipped (the two wings would make an interesting storm shield with a bit of plasticard and green stuff, so it's probably a good thing they make him look silly).

I never cared much for chaos and was originally planning on just selling or swapping the chaos stuff, but man do they look lovely. Might keep them after all. I have to admit chaos does offer far more interesting modeling options, for example, I am thinking of changing the chaos mace guy's shoulder pad so the little daemon on it is flipping you the bird instead of just waving.

I wonder if this is how it started with Horus. :p

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-25-2012, 05:27 PM
I've heard that there will be LIMITED EDITION stuff available on the day, as to what they are I am unsure of just yet.

MarneusCalgar
08-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Amazing, astonishing...

I also bought mine in my GW Store, along with the WD.

Now I wait for September 1st to open it hehe

plawolf
08-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Just got an email from GW telling me my DV order has been shipped! With luck, I should get it by the 31st, maybe even tomorrow (30th) if I am really lucky!

Has anyone else got similar emails?

jimmehmaca
08-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Yup I got my email but I am getting it shipped to store. But I could go get it at midnight as they will be open

DrLove42
08-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Yep, mines been shipped to store.

MarneusCalgar
08-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Just got an email from GW telling me my DV order has been shipped! With luck, I should get it by the 31st, maybe even tomorrow (30th) if I am really lucky!

Has anyone else got similar emails?

Same for me... but here in Spain it will arrive next Monday, I hope

SilentNight1647
08-29-2012, 09:19 AM
I got the e-mail does anybody know where GW ships from in the States?

plawolf
08-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Cool guys. It seems most people opted for ship to store.

I was actually kicking myself when I ordered it to be sent to my home as I was so excited I didn't bother reading the fine print and missed the in store launch day delivery guarantee, but it seems I might have just fluked it as it looks hopeful I might just get mine before launch day. Talk about dumb luck. :p

billytwix
08-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Smyrna TN

Absolon
08-29-2012, 11:21 AM
When did everyone place an order that is getting emails about shipping. I placed order on the 24 and it still shows as processing

Mrchilidog
08-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Same here Absolon. I talked to GW yesterday and they said my order would ship on the 1st and to expect it some time next week.

Roma89q
08-29-2012, 11:45 AM
I didn't ship to any store, as they're none near me, but I did get an email saying that it shipped to my apartment today! Woot, hopefully it'll come by friday.

I ordered it on the 25th.

The Madman
08-29-2012, 12:11 PM
ordered two today, as my CSM are true scale using chaos warriors i'm going to make the starter sets into a new force of word bearers and the trade/sell the dark angels and extra rulebook and accessories for either money or more chaos from the starter. best outcome i'll have 4 chaos lords, 4 helbrutes, 24 chosen and 80 cultists. :D

EDIT: also paid an extra £11 for express delivery so it better come friday or saturday or i'll kick off, i'm not having the same problem that i had with my rulebook.

Absolon
08-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Has anyone actually gotten an email with tracking information or is it just emails saying dispatched. My experience is dispatched means shipping in a couple of days and you will probably not receive product from GW for another 8-10 days

Farseer Uthiliesh
08-31-2012, 01:13 AM
My copy of the limited edition arrived today! :)

plawolf
08-31-2012, 07:41 AM
Has anyone actually gotten an email with tracking information or is it just emails saying dispatched. My experience is dispatched means shipping in a couple of days and you will probably not receive product from GW for another 8-10 days

I think you only get tracking info email if you paid extra for next day delivery. I didn't, and mine still isn't here yet. :(

Cpt Codpiece
08-31-2012, 08:00 AM
mine was supposedly dispatched two days ago.......... hmmm still not here. i guess im just gonna have to get stuff delivered to the shop and take a little trip in future :mad:

nearly a tenner on busses is not good, just to get stuff on release day.

The Madman
08-31-2012, 09:07 AM
Mine was dispatched yesterday (30th) and it better come either today or tomorrow otherwise GW and I are gonna have a problem.

plawolf
09-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Just called GW customer service and it seems they are expecting delivery sometime around tuesday or wednesday next week. And I ordered mine on the 25th. :rolleyes:

Really wish I'd spotted the release day delivery guarantee for delivery to store when I ordered as I would have def pick that and have my copy by now.

Cpt Codpiece
09-01-2012, 08:12 AM
mine had better be here before wed, got a hosp apt. grr should of just went to shop. stupid 'advance order' BS :mad:

The Madman
09-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Well, GW and I officially have a problem. Priority express my arse, this is the second time they've screwed me over and I'm not putting up with this crap. Either calling them up or going into the store, this is not on especially with a £141 riding on it.

Bracchus
09-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Got mine today, just me or is the plastic very brittle? Could be that several details on the minis are rather thin. So take care when you prepare and paint them. Already snapped one of the tops of the DA GMs "wing-horn", didn't even notice it while it happened. But by the chaos gods, the chaos marines are wicked looking minis :eek:

Necron2.0
09-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Poopie-poo!! Tracking says mine is with Fed Ex but Fed Ex isn't delivering until after the holiday, so I won't be getting mine 'til Tuesday. <*grumble, grumble, grumble*>

The Madman
09-02-2012, 06:27 AM
I don't even know where mine is, they gave me no tracking number or any indication other the looking on their shipping page and it listing UPS as the delivery service they will be using.

MarneusCalgar
09-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Mine will arrive to Spain along this week, I hope

Necron2.0
09-02-2012, 04:01 PM
I should have mentioned, the "holiday" I was referring to is in the US, and it's "Labor Day". Labor Day is a holiday to reflect and focus on our diminishing standards of living, to celebrate the flow of jobs overseas to slave labor markets and to revel in the substandard products that result from it, to embrace our declining expectations in the things we buy, and to congratulate our national leaders for creating a system where, even if the citizenry had the will to, patent and copyright laws would prevent workers from "building a better mouse trap" or competing in any way.

Globalization - Lowering standards, expectations and disposable income since nineteen-eighty-something.

Edit: Note, that's sarcasm folks.

Cpt Codpiece
09-04-2012, 04:30 PM
well mine came this morning/afternoon (11:30).

thankfully all was well, if a little late.

kidcanada41
09-04-2012, 07:35 PM
You guys have it pretty lucky according to tracking info, mine isn't going to be here until the 11th

Cpt Codpiece
09-04-2012, 07:41 PM
You guys have it pretty lucky according to tracking info, mine isn't going to be here until the 11th

wow, the 11th.........

hope you get the limited ed one then.

SilentNight1647
09-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Damn, I just realized mine is coming FedEx. I really dislike those guys, they always seem to dick something or other up. No ETA on mine either, which is odd. Seems to be in Lenexa though that is usually next day to NE, hopefully at least.

Necron2.0
09-05-2012, 04:13 PM
YEA!!

Got a call from my wife that some strange box arrived from FedEx. Woot!!

'Course, I've got ceramics class directly after work until 10pm, followed by a half-hour drive home. :mad:

Looks like I won't be going to work tomorrow. <*cough*, *cough*>

Deadlift
09-05-2012, 04:35 PM
YEA!!

Got a call from my wife that some strange box arrived from FedEx. Woot!!

'Course, I've got ceramics class directly after work until 10pm, followed by a half-hour drive home. :mad:

Looks like I won't be going to work tomorrow. <*cough*, *cough*>

Yeah I had one of those "throw a sickie" thoughts. My conscience wouldn't allow it. So I took it all to work with me :)

SilentNight1647
09-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Well I figured out half of my damn problem, GW is using that worthless SmartPost service from FedEx. My box left Kansas City at 1:00PM this afternoon and that is 4.5 hours away from my house and I can guarantee that it wont be here till Monday. I despise FedEx by default and this SmartPost thing is the last straw, I will never order anything from GW direct again. At least with a third party they don't use the crappiest shipping humanly possible.

kidcanada41
09-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Well I figured out half of my damn problem, GW is using that worthless SmartPost service from FedEx. My box left Kansas City at 1:00PM this afternoon and that is 4.5 hours away from my house and I can guarantee that it wont be here till Monday. I despise FedEx by default and this SmartPost thing is the last straw, I will never order anything from GW direct again. At least with a third party they don't use the crappiest shipping humanly possible.

I am with you one this one. Still haven't received mine, getting sick of getting everything i order from GW 2 weeks after everyone else!