PDA

View Full Version : Deimos Pattern Predator Infernus

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Oh my! That tank is boss!

Check it out here! (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEIMOS_PATTERN_PREDATOR_INFERNUS.html)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/Deimosinfp3.jpg

eldargal
08-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Pfft, does not want. Now excuse me while I go order something completely different from the FW site...

I can't resist the retro bubble domes of the Deimos predators.:(

DrLove42
08-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Can i just point out....its sponsons are flamers.

Look at its rules....it cant take flamer sponsons

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-24-2012, 08:05 AM
I know, that's pretty retarded...
Does anyone proof read ANYTHING?

alshrive
08-24-2012, 08:06 AM
i do love the Magna-Cannon Turret option! that thing is just nuts! S8 AP1 5" Blast Melta! ok to be within melta distance you need to be at like 9" but still!

Wildeybeast
08-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Someone dropped the ball there.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-24-2012, 08:07 AM
It can blow itself up quite proficiently. :p

Courtesy of Facebook

The Imperial Armour team are even now castigating each other over their error. Updates rules to follow.

Wolfshade
08-24-2012, 08:10 AM
LOLs,
I do not like retro looking tanks, I never understood while the Annhilater had a smooth turret yet the destructor had an angled one.
As a BA player, I think I'd like a turret upgrade for the Baaaaal.

Also, I was just on the site and it wasn't there, come to BoLS and boom its up

isotope99
08-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Feels like a bit of an odd beast this one.

It has short ranged turrets so is unlikely to stay stationary. It's not fast so the sponson options therefore aren't likely to be much good if stuck with snap fire (why you can't snap fire template weapons I don't get).

A straight flamestorm for 90 points might be an interesting support tank, cheap, pretty tough and can't be ignored because of it's potential damage output.

I think I'd probably prefer to splash a few extra points for the extra range and S of the vindicator instead of the magna melta though.

A nice characterful tank for the salamanders chapter.

alshrive
08-24-2012, 10:06 AM
FW have corrected there mistakes. it can now have Heavy Flamer sponsons! that was the quickets update i have ever seen!

Cpt Codpiece
08-24-2012, 10:28 AM
oooohhhh i likey!

i really like the flamestorm and the newer/older flamers (i know they look nothing like old 90's flamers) will go nice with my redeemer done in a mk2b body :)

Mr Mystery
08-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Win Burma trukk comin' right up Boss! Hurr hurr hurr!!

Kawauso
08-24-2012, 12:46 PM
So apart from the melta option and the lack of Fast...

Every SM chapter gets one of the loadouts for Baal Predators, now?

I mean, I'll probably get one for my SM chapter as it fits their combat doctrines and love of flame/melta weapons...it's still kind of strange.

I guess I don't have to ally with Blood Angels to get one now at least. And a large blast melta is pretty awesome. This thing and an Executioner would make a fun team.

It has short ranged turrets so is unlikely to stay stationary. It's not fast so the sponson options therefore aren't likely to be much good if stuck with snap fire (why you can't snap fire template weapons I don't get).

Also, yeah, this.
I've really been wondering why those weapons can't fire snapshots...it makes plasma cannon and flame sponson options on a lot of tanks look way less appealing, and it's not like they were super-amazing before.
And would anyone -really- be that worried of a 4-plasma-cannon Devastator squad firing on the move at BS1? Just make them always scatter or something...

MajorWesJanson
08-26-2012, 04:15 AM
So apart from the melta option and the lack of Fast...

Every SM chapter gets one of the loadouts for Baal Predators, now?

I mean, I'll probably get one for my SM chapter as it fits their combat doctrines and love of flame/melta weapons...it's still kind of strange.

I guess I don't have to ally with Blood Angels to get one now at least. And a large blast melta is pretty awesome. This thing and an Executioner would make a fun team.

Also, yeah, this.
I've really been wondering why those weapons can't fire snapshots...it makes plasma cannon and flame sponson options on a lot of tanks look way less appealing, and it's not like they were super-amazing before.
And would anyone -really- be that worried of a 4-plasma-cannon Devastator squad firing on the move at BS1? Just make them always scatter or something...

Well, a normal weapon snapfiring has a 1 in 6 chance to hit. Flamers automatically hit. Blast weapons always hit something (even ground), even if they scatter. Thus a snapfiring blast or template weapon would be 3-6 times more likely to hit a target.

Kawauso
08-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Well, a normal weapon snapfiring has a 1 in 6 chance to hit. Flamers automatically hit. Blast weapons always hit something (even ground), even if they scatter. Thus a snapfiring blast or template weapon would be 3-6 times more likely to hit a target.

Right, but as I said you can just make it so that, say, blasts always scatter and the squad is still firing at BS1, for example. Or make them scatter 3D6...whatever. There are a number of ways to go about it.

Likewise with template weapons, just force a re-roll of successful to-wound rolls. Done.

The point is that being completely unable to snapfire template/blast weapons makes certain niche units/options - like plasma sponsons on Imperial tanks or flame-tanks in general - really kind of lame in comparison to other options.

SotonShades
08-26-2012, 02:16 PM
My Space Marine chapter, the Brotherhood of Fire, do not want one of these. Five or six maybe, but not one...