SO,
I have been sitting with the rulebook, and wondered if anyone noticed this:

Relentless applies to:
Rapid Fire
Heavy
Ordnance
Salvo

count as stationary, and may charge.

now, in 5th, the argument against 'orbital strike relay' and relentless was that relentless didn't mention ordnance.

Fast Forward to 6th: Relentless does mention ordnance!

So, I think Terminators and bikes can now fire Orbital Weapons! w00t!

Chapter Master on a bike, or in terminator armor! w00t!

Wildcard
08-23-2012, 06:19 PM
I am not trying to ruin your day, but more like just wanting to hear your counter argument to this:

If Codex > Rulebook, and Codex says (atleast on the Grey Knights) that it cannot be shot if the unit moved (but can assault after firing it).

So, even tho being 5th ed codex, the same codex > rulebook -rule still applies to it..

Or does it?

And just to be clear: I am now talking about the orbital barrage / bombardment "wargear/weapon" and not ordnance in general

Tynskel
08-24-2012, 02:04 PM
ah, see that made sense in 5th edition, because Relentless only stated Heavy Weapons and Rapid Fire.

So, you could move n' fire ordnance, however, the codex said you must remain stationary.

Now, in 6th Edition, Relentless states that you count as stationary for firing Ordnance, Salvo, Rapid Fire, and Heavy Weapons.
The Codex states that you must be stationary, and Relentless states that you are stationary.

It is a case that the codex is not in conflict with the rulebook.

DarkLink
08-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Hmmm, I am intrigued by this...

Tynskel
08-24-2012, 04:38 PM
260 Lord Eyeforgotmy Kitchensink
Chapter Master, Thunder Hammer, Lightning Claw, Digital Weapons, Melta Bombs, Hellfire Rounds, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Artificer Armor, Bike.

w00t!