PDA

View Full Version : Two 2k GK lists for evaluation.

Seirin
08-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Ok folks, I'm looking to branch out into a new 'hard-play' list for tournaments and for those who don't like my red scorpions in friendly matches (yes, I'm spiteful).

So without further ado, I've come up with two ideas for lists - neither using special characters.

HQ
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor 89
Terminator armour/Daemon hammer
Psycannon
3 servo skulls

Elites
Henchmen; 4 psykers, 1 acolyte 130
Razorback with TL assault cannon, psybolt and search light

Vindicare 145

Troops

Strike squad 196
Psycannon

Strike squad 196
Psycannon

Strike squad 196
Psycannon

Strike squad 196
Psycannon

Strike squad 196
Psycannon

Strike squad 196
Psycannon

Heavy support

Dreadnought 136
TL autocannon
TL autocannon
Psybolt
Searchlight

Dreadnought 136
TL autocannon
TL autocannon
Psybolt
Searchlight

Dreadnought 136
TL autocannon
TL autocannon
Psybolt
Searchlight

Fortification
Aegis Defense Line 50

1998pts, total gunline army. Temptation is to swap an TL autocannon on each dread for an assault cannon, just for the extra shots...but so far I've refrained..

HQ
Grand master 215
Rad/blind/psychotrope
Melta bombs

Librarian 205
Warding stave
Might/Sanctuary/Shrouding/Rift

Elite
Techmarine 145
Stave
Rad/blind/trope

Vindicare 145

Troops

Terminators (10) 490
2 psycannons
Psybolt
Warding stave

Strike squad 196
Psycannon
Razorback with TL assault cannon, psybolt and searchlight

Strike squad 196
Psycannon
Razorback with TL assault cannon, psybolt and searchlight

Heavy support

Dreadnought 136
TL autocannon
TL autocannon
Psybolt
Searchlight

Dreadnought 136
TL autocannon
TL autocannon
Psybolt
Searchlight

Dreadnought 136
TL autocannon
TL autocannon
Psybolt
Searchlight

A more aggressive, in your face list with good scoring ability (averaging equal to previous list if required through GM, sometimes more, sometimes less). Far less shooting but more combat ability in exchange. Not quite as fast but generally more staying power.

So, thoughts please!

incenerate101
08-20-2012, 09:30 PM
I feel like the first list would be more suited for a tournament style setting because you have plenty of troops both anti vehicle and anti infantry and plenty of mobility! Where as personally i feel the 2nd list is lacking a little in anti armor and also probably be torn apart by flier lists.

Why may i ask did you not choose to take Storm Ravens?

Seirin
08-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Ravens...hard one. First list is primarily a troop spam list, and ravens are pretty much too many points for what they offer to it. For the second list I was tempted, but I'd have to make the army even smaller, which for an already so-so list isn't ideal.

Opinion on ravens for list one though?

incenerate101
08-20-2012, 09:59 PM
In my experience Ravens are great Anti Air support where you would make the points to do it im not sure but perhaps combining elements from both list.

I'd suggest taking a squad of termies in your storm raven and use them as a type of meat shield. Use the Raven to take them across the board and get into assault with the opponents units that will inevitably move up the board. This will buy you some extra time to move up your Razorbacks and Dreads essentially this kinda move will pressure your opponent into coming forward or moving his remaining troops away from your massive firepower.

Thats just my view on it and im a rather aggressive player but if Ravens arent your thing then oh well xD

Seirin
08-20-2012, 10:15 PM
It's not that ravens aren't my thing exactly, its the usual 'it works best in pairs' rule that plagues a lot of GK's stuff. 2 ravens is 410 assuming no upgrades, then add the 450 for 2 cannon termi squads and thats the best part of half my points in two offensive units.

As a combination of the two..how about something like this?

HQ
GM 220
Blind/rad/trope
Melta bomb
MC sword

Elite
Vindicare 145

Troops
Strike squad 206
Psycannon
Hammer
TLAC psyback with light

Strike squad 206
Psycannon
Hammer
TLAC psyback with light

Strike squad 196
Psycannon
TLAC psyback with light

Strike squad 196
Psycannon
TLAC psyback with light

Strike squad 196
Psycannon
TLAC psyback with light

6 Terminators 315
3 Halberd
2 Hammer
1 Stave (Justiciar, master crafted)
Psycannon
Banner (?)

Heavy
Dread 135
TLAC
TLAC
Psybolt

Dread 135
TLAC
TLAC
Psybolt

Fortification
Aegis DL 50

2k exactly, lost 2 cannonbacks, 1 psydread, henchmen and a strike squad, gained a GM and 6 terminators. No ravens I know, but gives a solid distraction/CC unit.

Edit: As for aggression...my scorpions list is my aggressive and casual list - land speeder spam ftw!

incenerate101
08-20-2012, 10:55 PM
That appears much better in my eyes. The only thing that has got me on the ropes is that those termies are on foot. Other then that I very much like this list over both the previous ones.

Seirin
08-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Termies can deep strike if required, and footslogging isn't too bad considering how wide their effective shooting radius is.

Cool cheers.